View Contest Entries
Salt has pepper, peanut butter has jelly, burger has fries....some things are just better when they are paired up with that one perfect counterpart. The goal of this contest is to create a pair customs that are related to each other in some manner. There are a number of ways you can go about selecting your duo.
-Sidekicks like Batman & Robin, Captain America & Bucky, Wonder Woman & Wonder Girl, Wolverine & Jubilee, Doctor & Rose Tyler, Deadpool & Bob, Hulk & Rick Jones, Green Arrow & Speedy, Sherlock & Watson, Superman & Jimmy Olsen, Human Torch & Toro, Icon & Rocket, etc.
-Lackeys are also acceptable. Only notable henchmen for this type of entry, no generic goons. Some examples are Dr. Strange & Wong, Joker & Harley Quinn, Mad Thinker & Awesome Android, Brain & Monsieur Mallah, Palpatine & Darth Vader, Captain Hook & Smee, monkey Dastardly & Muttley, Dr. Horrible & Moist, Megatron & Starscream, etc.
-Partners such Bebop & Rocksteady, Black Tom & Juggernaut, Power Man & Iron Fist, Archer & Armstrong, Sonic & Tails, R2-D2 & C3PO, Sam & Twitch, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Booster Gold & Blue Beetle, Han Solo & Chewbacca, Batman & Superman, etc.
-Famous couples such as Spider-Man & Mary Jane, Superman & Lois Lane, Absorbing Man & Titania, Green Arrow & Black Canary, Dazzler & Longshot, Storm & Black Panther, Gambit & Rogue, Apollo & Midnighter, Destro & Baroness, etc.
-Archenemies are another option. Not just any set of enemies will do, entries of this sort must be of significant long time foes. Some examples are Batman & Joker, Spider-Man & Green Goblin, Superman & Lex Luthor, Wolverine & Sabretooth, Captain America & Red Skull, Spawn & Malebogia, Harry Potter & Voldemort, Storm Shadow & Snake Eyes, etc.
-Family members such as the Wonder Twins, Northstar & Aurora, Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver, Quantum & Woody, Thor & Loki, Havok & Cyclops, Mario & Luigi, Billy Lee & Jimmy Lee, etc.
-Characters with animal companions or steeds are also acceptable entries. Things like Quicksilver & Tally Hawk, Black Knight & Aragorn, Law & Order, Kitty Pryde & Lockheed, Ka-Zar & Zabu, Lion-O & Snarf, Gargamel & Azrael, He-Man & Battle Cat, etc.
-Dioramas are allowed for this contest.
-As always there are no size restrictions for this contest. You may use any sort of materials, parts, tools or techniques that you wish. Whatever gets the job done..
What is the contest schedule?
|Begins: ||Contest Closed|
|Ends: ||January 15th, 2014 - Last day for submissions. No exceptions! Cut off is at midnight Central Standard Time.|
|Voting: ||January 16th - 22nd.|
|Managed By: ||Green Skin|
What are the rules of the contest?
- Please use the form here to submit your custom figure.
- At least a paragraph description is required with your entry. This paragraph, at a minimum, should answer the following questions:
- How was this custom customized?
- How does the custom fit into the contest theme?
- You may submit up to three different entries for the contest.
- Please only submit figures that were created for this contest. Do not submit old figures from the Showcase or previous contest entries.
- Your entry should not be posted on this website, any other website, or anywhere on the internet until the contest is completely over.
- The pictures for your entry will remain hidden until the contest ends and the voting begins.
- Your identity will remain hidden until after the voting completes.
- Do not include names, logos, signatures or anything on the pictures that will give you away as the creator of the custom. We want to keep the customizer's identity a secret until the contest is over.
- Don't wait until the last day to submit your entries. If your internet is down, or something happens beyond your control, you will miss the contest! Also keep in mind how many customs you can submit in one day. You may not be able to submit all your entries in one day.
- The contest is purely for fun... well... and bragging rights!
How does the contest voting work?
Anyone can vote for their favorite customs in the contest, you don't even have to submit anything to the contest! You do have to be logged-in to your Figure Realm account though so we can keep track of the votes. Only appointed Figure Realm staff can see the votes, so anonymity is guaranteed. Voting begins once the entry deadline is met and lasts for a week.
It's hard to choose just one custom to vote on when there are tons of great entries, so Figure Realm has a unique voting system where you can vote on ALL the customs! When you click on an entry to view, there's a bar with buttons on it that lets you give the custom anywhere from 1 to 5 Stars. 1 Star means you think they could have done a better job on the custom while 5 Stars means you think they did a perfect job. The votes for each entry are added up when voting is closed and averaged-out to determine the winners. Also, don't abuse the system. Don't give your own custom 5 Stars and then give everyone else 1 Star to boost your rating. Remember, the votes are monitored.
Some points you might consider when casting your vote: Is the figure well-made? Is the paint smooth or crusty? Are there noticeable fingerprints on the sculpted parts? Is it an original custom? Is it accurate to the source-material (comics, photos, description in a book)? Are the pictures clear enough to see the details? Did the creator take the time to include a back-story or recipe? Is the custom so unbelievably awesome that you'd trade your girlfriend for it?
Craftsmanship and creativity are major factors to consider, but ultimately your vote should depend on how much you like the custom, and how well you feel it fits the contest theme.