BEHOLD THE TERRIBLE AND FEARSOME CRAZY QUILT!!
CRAZY QUILT! SCOURGE OF THE DYNAMIC DUO!
CRAZY QUILT! THE ARTIST OF EVIL! THE CRIME LORD OF COLOR!
TREMBLE BEFORE THE AWESOME HUES OF CRAZY QUILT!
OK, now that that's out of the way, I've wanted to do a Crazy Quilt for awhile now since I seem to be working my way down from batman's A-C-List villains to the lower rungs of his rogues gallery. On paper he's an easy figure to make but the execution is a bit more...maddening:
Base: DCUC Bronze Tiger
Arms: DCUC Red Robin
Head: DCD Silver Age Lex Luthor
- I replaced the lower arms (from the biceps down) with the RR DCUC figure so I could get the gloved look
- primed the figure in white, marked off the patches and began to paint...and pain...and paint. I often had to the revisit the paint job several times to try and make the colors as vibrant and neat as I could. (I used ordinary acrylics)
- sculpted the shoulder pieces and hotglued them on
- Hot glued the Lex Luthor head to the neck. I had to chisel down the neck a little bit
- The porn star mustache is sculpted on.
- There is a bit of shadowing around the eyes since the guy was in a freak accident after all
- I used a toothpick to white out his pupils so he looks blind
- The helmet is sculpted on and patterned after a Magneto helmet. It is painted gold with white trim. The lenses on the helmet are putty. I MIGHT go to Jo-Anns and pick up some small stick-on beads for the lenses.
He is definitely a time consuming figure but I think well worth it--especially cause he adds some color to my Batman rogues shelf filled with characters in blacks and darker hues.
|Horror Hombres III: Chromeskull III||Submission Order||Spider-Man 2099|
|Professor Hugo Strange||Batman Series||Armored Batman (Escape from Arkham)|
|Professor Hugo Strange||Created by latinlad||Jor-El|