Voting Begins for the Sinestro Corps Custom Contest

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Voting Begins for the Sinestro Corps Custom Contest

Postby Custom Showcase » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:17 pm

Voting for the Sinestro Corps Custom Contest has begun! Remember, everyone is encouraged to vote whether you entered the contest or not. The customizers put a lot of time and hard work into making these creations. Show your appreciation and cast your vote!

Voting for the contest will run from November 1st - 7th. The winners will be announced the following day.
Custom Showcase
Realminator

Postby Collector1 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:07 pm

I have to say, these are some pretty good figures this go around!
If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain, soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone. Our bible IS the wind and the rain
Collector1
Avid Realmer

Postby flash » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:13 pm

I just cant really understand why are there are people who still doesn't read and follow rules in the custom contest until now..sad to say..Ill give 1 for blurry pics and I suggest disqualification for giving out CREATOR'S names. :evil:

Hey Doc: Maybe you need a bigger BOLD FONT in the rules. :lol:
flash
Regular Realmer

Postby Kern » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:43 am

I know my pics can be fairly blurry, but I'm having to make do with the camera I have. For better pics, I'd need a better camera, and I just can't afford one.

...and if you think they're bad now, I couldn't even get a focus when the main part of another custom was a stick.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I know that man, that Doctor on high.
And I know that he has done this deed a thousand time. But not once. No, Sir, not once, not ever has he been thanked!
But no more. For I say to you, "Bravo, Sir! BRAVO!"
Kern
Fanatic Realmer

Postby cuztomiza 2 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:43 am

hello Mr. Kern..I had a bad pics before and my entry was poorly rated no matter how good it is and oooh! being criticized right in front of my face....

I searched in the net and was able to get a very very cheap second hand digicam. no need for for sophisticated ones..2 to 3 mega pixel is fine..It's just that, I spent alot of time takin pictures under the sun so I could get good lighting. also I take as much as 20 times in all angles and choose the best shots..

Hope this helps..We really cant please everybody here..even sometimes they tend to be rough...
cuztomiza 2
Avid Realmer

Postby blaynescott » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:19 pm

Poor photography plagues most of the internet - just look at eBay auction. However, it boggles my mind when people don't at least invest in a $2.00 mini tripod to photograph something that took them 5+ hours to create. *sigh*

Also, if I had a 1/2 lb of Aves Sculpt for every shot of someones kitchen floor or bookcase on figure realm... I'd be set for modeling clay for a long, long time. ;) I'd highly recommend people try and build their own light box using a cardboard box and a few dollars worth of white fabric from Wallmart. They work great. :)
blaynescott
Elite Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:40 am

Best thing you can do is what's already been said, buy the cheap tripod and take lots of pictures, not just one pic and give-up when it's blurry. Take many pictures at different angles and at different distances from the figure, pick the best and send those in, we'd all appreciate it @_@

Because yeah, it's sad to give someone an automatic 3 just because I can't see how cool their hard work is supposed to look. Then we get into people giving up on customizing because they think no one likes their work, when it's really just bad pics.
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby HeartBreakKid » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Dr Nightmare wrote:Best thing you can do is what's already been said, buy the cheap tripod and take lots of pictures, not just one pic and give-up when it's blurry. Take many pictures at different angles and at different distances from the figure, pick the best and send those in, we'd all appreciate it @_@

Because yeah, it's sad to give someone an automatic 3 just because I can't see how cool their hard work is supposed to look. Then we get into people giving up on customizing because they think no one likes their work, when it's really just bad pics.

Maybe people should just mention that the problem is with the pics not the figure in the comment. 8)
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby flash » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:09 pm

yamivash 0 wrote:
Dr Nightmare wrote:Best thing you can do is what's already been said, buy the cheap tripod and take lots of pictures, not just one pic and give-up when it's blurry. Take many pictures at different angles and at different distances from the figure, pick the best and send those in, we'd all appreciate it @_@

Maybe people should just mention that the problem is with the pics not the figure in the comment. 8)

So much said about pictures..obviously!..pardon me for being tough but I believe you should give justice to your work.The contest is about showing your masterpiece and its bearing through CLEAR pictures.Not making viewers/judges get dizzy and expect high points..can someone tell me what will I Judge in bloody blurry pictures?

The other problem is not reading the rules regulations.(GIVING AWAY CREATORS NAMES) .come on!..It's written in ENGLISH..Will Dr.Nightmare may need it written a larger font and bold letters?new comer is no excuse.wHEN JOINING ANY CONTEST its a must to READ rules..
flash
Regular Realmer

Postby leafman343 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:29 pm

I've seen peoples names in the pictures in previous contests, but unless I'm blind I didn't see any of that in this contest (its possible :lol: ). The only text I see in the entry people seem to be talking about is the name of the custom figure.
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:43 pm

leafman343 wrote:I've seen peoples names in the pictures in previous contests, but unless I'm blind I didn't see any of that in this contest (its possible :lol: ). The only text I see in the entry people seem to be talking about is the name of the custom figure.

Yup! And for the record, I don't have a problem with any of the customs submitted this time, all the pics are acceptable and no one gave away who they were, good job everyone!
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Kern » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:14 pm

The Predator custom. Not there now, but originally the creator's name was in red above the custom name in the pictures.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I know that man, that Doctor on high.
And I know that he has done this deed a thousand time. But not once. No, Sir, not once, not ever has he been thanked!
But no more. For I say to you, "Bravo, Sir! BRAVO!"
Kern
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:20 pm

I see, but it's gone now, so there's no problem :]
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby flash » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:20 pm

Kern wrote:The Predator custom. Not there now, but originally the creator's name was in red above the custom name in the pictures.
I have to agree with mr. Kern..I also saw the name thats why I also commented about not following rules..The comments there likewise proves that his name was initially shown..nice trick of removing it in the middle of voting..Other violators before where removed from the contest and this one was given a chance?
flash
Regular Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:08 pm

Stop Whining but really the guy fixed it so there shouldn't be a issue :|
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Next

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments