A slight rant... Custom Showcase Improvements

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Postby Wesr » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:00 pm

Looks like I have to put my mod hat on and tell everyone to cool off. If this is gonna turn into a flame war i'll lock this thread and mention names to Cap Coder for action at his discretion.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby leafman343 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:18 pm

How bout not putting the same custom up twice seph? There appears to be two man-at-arms entries by the same person on the front page, the only difference being an extra pic. :roll:
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:20 pm

I hadn't noticed. Sorry about that. I'll have to make a sticky about how to go in and edit stuff.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby HeartBreakKid » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:28 pm

I deleted one man seph Im sick of cleaning up your approval messes
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:39 pm

O.o why're you blaming me? I made a sticky about how to update without having to resubmit the thing. Now if anyone notices...
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Captain Coder » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:31 pm

Hey guys... I'm keeping an eye on this thread. There are some legitimate gripes mentioned here. I'm not sure what the answers are to most of them, but I would appreciate it if you guys keep posting some ideas to help get the situation under control. I'd also like to hear more about these two points.

1. I like the idea of limiting the number of customs that can be submitted in a day. I'm not sure what the magic number should be, maybe 3? What do the people who submit customs think? However, this will not solve much. It will only slow down the problem, but it will keep more of a variety with the new submissions.

2. Duplicate submissions is a problem. There is no way to automatically filter these, and there are just too many customs for the Regulators to recognize them all. The only initial idea I have on this is a "Report Duplicate" link that users can use to report duplicates, but this will be a slow process and give the Regulators more work to do (but I assume we could always recruit more Regulators).
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby Top-notch comix » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Captain Coder wrote:(but I assume we could always recruit more Regulators).

I'm your man 8)
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby DTM » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:04 pm

It's crackdown time!
DTM
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:28 pm

As soon as someone mentions mods Top notch shows up :lol:
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Top-notch comix » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:05 pm

sephiroth wrote:As soon as someone mentions mods Top notch shows up :lol:

DID YOU SAY "MODS"?!?!?!? :lol:
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:12 pm

*hits you with a rubber chicken. You aren't getting the job yet lol.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Top-notch comix » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:49 pm

ouch... who the F**k hits someone with a rubber chicken?!? :lol:
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Maelstrom » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:58 am

Captain Coder wrote:Hey guys... I'm keeping an eye on this thread. There are some legitimate gripes mentioned here. I'm not sure what the answers are to most of them, but I would appreciate it if you guys keep posting some ideas to help get the situation under control. I'd also like to hear more about these two points.

1. I like the idea of limiting the number of customs that can be submitted in a day. I'm not sure what the magic number should be, maybe 3? What do the people who submit customs think? However, this will not solve much. It will only slow down the problem, but it will keep more of a variety with the new submissions.

2. Duplicate submissions is a problem. There is no way to automatically filter these, and there are just too many customs for the Regulators to recognize them all. The only initial idea I have on this is a "Report Duplicate" link that users can use to report duplicates, but this will be a slow process and give the Regulators more work to do (but I assume we could always recruit more Regulators).

This is probably a very good idea Cap...I think we are losing some really talented guys who are headed for "greener pastures" so to speak.
Maelstrom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Shinobitron » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:04 am

I've been hitting the multiple submissions hard lately. At one point i had to reject 3 version of the same Batman fig cause it was the exact same submission.

Also who ever allowed this:

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfi ... ?FID=15727

tsk tsk I rejected this one twice. At no point is burning something with a lighter a "custom" piece.

By approvaing something like that it just is killing spots on the customs board of people who are actually taking thee time to make something.

I've also been a harda$$ on poor pics as of late. I know not everyone has a great camera but there is a point when enough is enough. I'm sorry but a pic that looks like an ink blot should be approved.

Ok I'm done ranting back to the shadows . . . .
Shinobitron
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:18 am

I've been hitting the photos hard too. I posted a sticky about how to modify existing submissions so there's no excuse now. Too bad there isn't a system to set up that tells us when there are already submissions by the same name, sort of a red flag.
Wesr
Realminator

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments