A slight rant... Custom Showcase Improvements

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Postby Top-notch comix » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:26 am

Shinobitron wrote:
I've also been a harda$$ on poor pics as of late. I know not everyone has a great camera but there is a point when enough is enough. I'm sorry but a pic that looks like an ink blot should be approved.

I think you mean: I'm sorry but a pic that looks like an ink blot should'nt be approved.
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:30 am

*hits top notch on the head. Don't correct mods or you'll never get the job.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Top-notch comix » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:40 am

Im just sayin... it's a pretty important correction... stop hitting me!!!
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:02 pm

lol. I hit you with a cat, they're soft and don't hurt (normally) lol. I've been trying to weed out the doubles as they come through, hopefully people wll read my sticky about modifying submissions.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Top-notch comix » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:10 pm

how many multiple submissions do you guys get?
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:13 pm

Probably every time someone changes something and wants to show it off. Say they add something to a previous submission, instead of using the tool for editing submisisons they simply resubmit it.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby HeartBreakKid » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:21 pm

lol Ive been trying to get to submissions quick seeming seph has a tendency to approve things with double submissions and seph you never fix the case of the letters [-( lol well yeah no offense and stop hitting top notch lol
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:44 pm

Okay i admit i mighta let one or two doubles through. I'm usually more worried about fixing the entire sentences made out of capitals than the one or two sentences without capitals.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Darththomas » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:20 am

personally i think one or two submissions per day is enough, it would lighten the load for mods and stop people being bumped down the list quickly
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby tommyx » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:47 am

As I stated, I think a maximum of three figures per day would be good. If so, when would these proposed changes go into effect?....
My custom figure website:

http://drtommyx.webs.com/
tommyx
Fanatic Realmer

Postby BurchCustoms » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:26 am

i think they already have. it only allowed me to post 2 yesterday. lots of new stuff in the rules too. i like it personally.
jakeb of Burch Customs
Vita mutatur, non tollitur

Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=19803

L.Roy's Art Page: http://lroyburch.deviantart.com/gallery/
BurchCustoms
Avid Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:29 pm

I'm gonna post this then get back to work to pay back the people I owe stuff to, lol...

I'm pretty ruthless when it comes to approving customs (and lately, reviews too, I'm rejecting anything that's unreadable or 1 line long). If something is blurry, I reject it without even sending a reason to the customizer. In other words, if something is obviously inadequate, I just reject it. READ THE FAQS. :]

I haven't been doing anything to the Showcase lately except going back and deleting a few pictures (duplicates and blurries), but now I'm going to reject things like painting one finger a different color. Yeah, technically that's still a custom, but I think it's messed-up that the people who post their stuff here exclusively get their customs buried by people who post their stuff EVERYWHERE. And that's not a knock against the people who post their work everywhere, I'm just saying, some people need more exposure, and being 7th on the list won't kill you guys, lol.

Regarding what gets to the top of the Latest Custom list; That's entirely up to the moderators who approve the customs! Every time I see minor customs or stuff we've seen a million times, I approve them first so they go down the list faster. If you submit interesting customs, and if I'm around to approve it, your super-cool work will be near the top of the Latest Custom list. I don't know how the other moderators approve the customs, but I hope it's in a similar way.

Also, we don't get to choose what appears on the front page! Usually the most recently-approved custom goes on the front page. BUT, the site doesn't do it instantly. Sometimes it takes an hour, sometimes it IS instant, we can't control it. Sometimes, we approve 10 customs and the 5th custom will show up instead of the latest, I don't know why, but that's just how it is. x_X

And everyone needs to remember that you can make a topic in the forums to show-off your customs and WIPs. Hell, you can even post as many pictures as you want!

Anyway, keep giving Cap ideas people! And the moderators have to be more like nazis! If a custom is borderline unacceptable, just reject it, and give reasons if necessary. If "I DO COMMISSIONS! THIS IS FOR MY CUSTOMERS!" is all over the description, just reject it. If Kyle submits something, just reject it.

No, wait, lol! What happened to Kyle, haven't seen him anywhere. How can we make fun of each other if he isn't around :[

Oh, also, make a Deviant Art account, it's good for even more exposure. Plus, you can post anything you want, like drawings and stories.
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby HeartBreakKid » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:44 pm

wowzas doc outta nowhere lol good to see ya around
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Well thankfully Doc didn't notice I got his job or he'd be making fun of me :lol:
Wesr
Realminator

Postby HeartBreakKid » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:21 pm

nobody got docs job he still a mod and he still is just as helpful and he doesn't approve crap pics ,descriptions with commissions and doubles like you do j/k :lol: But how can you say you got his job when hes still around that s like saying I took his job seeming I mainly run the contest even though seph your great help espeacally for descriptions and making sure I dont procrastinate lol
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments