Paragraph formatting for Custom Showcase submissions

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Paragraph formatting for Custom Showcase submissions

Postby Patraw » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:21 am

I noticed the text formatting for the last two custom submissions that I've sent have gotten all messed up when they were approved (all the text gets jumbled together, without the paragraphs/line spacing I had there when I submitted). Am I doing something wrong? I've been using the same process that I've always used (cutting-and-pasting all the descriptive text, dimensions, etc., from the figure's individual web pages on my own web site), and it's never gotten messed up like that in the past.

I know I can use the edit function to re-submit, but if there's something wrong with the way I'm doing the text, it's just going to get messed up again, which I why I'm asking if I need to format things differently.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Captain Coder » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:22 pm

Can you PM me one of your descriptions (in it's good formatted condition) that got messed up so I can do some tests with it? Some new filters were added that might be messing with the description.
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby Patraw » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:14 am

Sure thing, I'll PM you shortly.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Captain Coder » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:13 pm

Ok, I found the main issue. Basically, the filters should not have tried to format your description at all because proper case and punctuation was used in the description. One other person had reported the same thing. That issue should be fixed now. Unfortunately, you will have to update your descriptions to fix this on any that got messed up.

Thanks for reporting it.
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby Patraw » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:08 am

Cool, thanks for looking into it!
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments