Future Contest Ideas

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Future Contest Ideas

Postby Tim 121RVC » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:28 am

I've been thinking about Retro Gaming lately. The good old DOS and C64 games in particular, but we may include Atari and MSX as well. Since most the games' characters, enemies, bosses etc aren't as detailed as the ones from the today's videogames, you'll have a lot of creative space to work with.
Think of Giana Sisters, Commander Keen, Pitfall, Doom, Prince of Persia, Lemmings, Leisure Suit Larry, Skate or Die, Monkey Island.....
Tim 121RVC
Inductee Realmer

Postby thejado101 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:28 am

Just had an idea, kinda random. Any characters do do with snow/ ice/ cold, even snowboarders and skiers (I've been playing ssx). Feedback?
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby Galactape » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:06 pm

How about an unmasked contest? I mean everyone wants to see an unmasked Chris Evans and Robert Downey JR. :lol: .
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby thejado101 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Galactape wrote:How about an unmasked contest? I mean everyone wants to see an unmasked Chris Evans and Robert Downey JR. :lol: .

good idea. I'd vote for that one for sure. 8)
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby Patraw » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:57 am

sephiroth: A female Transformers contest would be interesting, and allowing customizers to create their own or do a Gender Bender should help compensate for the small number of actual female Transformers. However, given that there are so few of them, I don't think it would be wise to exclude Arcee, especially since she's the most popular.

Tim 121RVC: Well everybody knows I loves me my old video games, so a retro game contest would be a-okay with me. There should probably be a cutoff date for what's retro and what isn't, what do you think, maybe only stuff prior to 2000?

thejado101: A snow/winter theme was already done recently with the Frigid Festivities contest around Christmas time last year.

Galactape: There hasn't been an unmasked challenge before, and it's a great idea.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby mantisLJD » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:52 pm

How about a Symbiote Contest or a Werewolf contest called 'Howling at the Moon'? What about a comic book cover contest?
Last edited by mantisLJD on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Therapist wrote:UWE BOLL sounds like a digestive disease UWE BOLL Rocks sounds like a much more painful form of the same disease.
mantisLJD
Inductee Realmer

Postby Tim 121RVC » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:58 am

Patraw wrote:Tim 121RVC: Well everybody knows I loves me my old video games, so a retro game contest would be a-okay with me. There should probably be a cutoff date for what's retro and what isn't, what do you think, maybe only stuff prior to 2000?

Thanks. I was thinking more towards pre-'95, to make it more nostalgic..... :)
Tim 121RVC
Inductee Realmer

Postby Patraw » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:55 am

Tim 121RVC: So, pre-Playstation/Saturn/N64 then, gotcha.

mantisLJD: We already had a Shapeshifter contest which incorporated symbiotes as well as werewolves recently, but a symbiote-only contest might be worthwhile as they're pretty popular subjects for customization, particularly Venom. I included an "Art Alive" (which would have included comic covers/artwork) contest in a previous poll a while back, but it didnt' win--perhaps I'll include in a future one again.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:29 pm

Can't recall if I or anyone else suggested something similar before but....

What about Before They Were Heroes? Basically any hero or villain would be legal subject matter. Just as long as they are pre-powers or for characters like Superman Captain Marvel, and Savage Dragon- You could make Clark Kent, Kree Soldier Mar Vell/ Dr. Lawson, and Emperor Kurr. For Mutants, I think plain clothes in their first evolutionary form would be acceptable as well as those who weren't born with their powers to be made as their younger selves.

Cape Killers may be a good one. Vigilantes who kill and hired guns. Henchmen, bounty hunters, and mercenaries as well as those who do it for vengeance. Legal subject matter could include Bobba Fett, Cad Bane, the Punisher, Deadpool, Joker Thugs, or Al Simmons before he bacame Spawn, etc..
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby thejado101 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:37 pm

I like the idea of before they were heroes. How about superheroes or characters, but only in their casual clothes, like Tony stark in a buissiness suit, peter parker dressed like any ordinary teen, Clark Kent in casuals......
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:13 am

Before They Were Heroes/Villains hasn't been done before and is a good idea--I believe I already have that one in my master list of suggested contest ideas, but I just haven't used it yet.

Bounty Hunters, assassins, mercenaries, etc. was an option in a recent poll and nobody voted for it--I like the theme, but there doesn't seem to be much interest.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:44 am

How about Caped Crusaders? It could be only superheroes/heroins that have capes :)
Another Idea of mine was heroes without super powers, I'd love to see what characters people would decide to make for that contest :D
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:04 pm

Great ideas Pock63!
Thanks for the reminder Patraw!

What about Protectors- Characters who are charged with protecting single artifacts. The Eye of Agamotto, the Holy Grail, the Gate keeper from Ghostbusters, troll bridges., the Olympic Torch, Sword of Omens, Castle Grayskull, BiFrost Bridge, Scarabs, Grim Reaper, Golden Fleece, Ark of the Covenant, Pandora's Box, Lord Keeper of the Privy Seal of Japan, Excalibur Lady of the Lake, Spear of Destiny, Cereberus, Ring of Sauron....well you get the idea. The artifact would have to accompany the character, except in cases like Greyskull Castle. For the Grim Reaper his scythe would probably due as opposed to having to build the river Styx. A ferry boat would be a feat though.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:56 pm

How about Milestones? As opposed to just battle damage we could use comic covers and pages to reenact epic moments in comics. Posing the characters as they appear in the comic. Doesn't necessarily have to be a fight scene. For video games you could or PC you could take a reference photo/ screen shot and add it to the entry pics. The character count would be up to the customizer based on what they choose as a reference.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Octoberfest Anyone-
Brew Masters- characters who often partake in consuming it. It would consist mainly of comedic interpretations of characters like Lobo, Hercules, Miroku, Mad Eye Moody, Wolverine, Peter Griffin, Bender, Homer Simpson and Barney, Tony Stark, WWE Steve Austin, Al Bundy, Asgardians, Bob andbDoug Mckenzie from Strange Brews, or movies like Animal House, Jackie Chan Drunken Master, and Beerfest.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments