Future Contest Ideas

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Future Contest Ideas

Postby Shinigami » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:08 am

We have a Make Mine Marvel, so what about DC Nation? Same rules, only with DC (Wildstorm, Vertigo) characters, obviously.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Patraw » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:41 am

RedRebelCustoms: Your Milestone one would pretty much amount to the same thing as the recreating a piece of 2D artwork idea. I don't have a problem with the Oktoberfest one, but I'm not sure how Captain Coder would feel about a contest focusing on alcohol consumption (some of our members are still minors after all, and that would kind of be indirectly promoting/glamourizing drinking.) I like the Protectors theme--although I'm not sure about requiring the inclusion of the item that they protect though, because, as you mentioned, some of those objects are quite huge are difficult to make.

ẈĀŦƧĦĪƧ₣Ā₵Ė: Caped characters and heroes without superpowers are both good ideas, and there's certainly no shortage of such characters.

Shinigami: I agree that it would only be fair to have a DC-centric contest (we've had Batman, Green Lantern, and Sinestro Corps contests in the past, but none that focus on the DC universe in general), but I'd probably wait on that one a little bit, so as not to have two similar comic-focused themes close together.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby ole jade jaw » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:21 pm

Hey Patraw, I know it's not really any of my business but I thought I might make a suggestion. I see the latest contest is up to September already. I suggest not having one in Nov. A lot of the contest guys are involved in the secret santa event and a contest that close to the deadline may lead people to spread their time between the 2. Either/both may suffer as a result. Just an idea to help focus everybody's concentration on the holiday exchange.
Later,
OJJ
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Patraw » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:07 am

I think it's important to remember that the custom contests are optional--nobody is ever obligated to participate in them. If an individual wants to focus all of their creative efforts on their Secret Santa gift, and ignore the contests, that's fine, or, if they want to participate in both, or neither, that's also all right. Whether or not a person would be stretching themselves too thin in doing both is a personal decision that an individual customizer should make for himself or herself.

So, I'm inclined to keep the contest schedule going normally, however, if enough of you do feel strongly about it conflicting with the Secret Santa project, then I could probably be persuaded to suspend them.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:08 pm

DC Nation sounds cool! Let's hope it's as big of a turn out as the Marvel. If it's voted in. \:D/
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby CAb00se » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:05 pm

Most of us do not know what each other looks like...what about a self custom contest? Has that ever been done before?? Everyone has to make a custom of themself, it could be in their work uniform(cops, military, burger king etc), as a zombie or even in their pajamas...i think this could be interesting and maybe help (a little bit anyway..)to put a face to a name here on the realm. Could be a good change of pace too...
CAboose
CAb00se
Regular Realmer

Postby ole jade jaw » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:18 pm

CAb00se wrote:Most of us do not know what each other looks like...what about a self custom contest? Has that ever been done before?? Everyone has to make a custom of themself, it could be in their work uniform(cops, military, burger king etc), as a zombie or even in their pajamas...i think this could be interesting and maybe help (a little bit anyway..)to put a face to a name here on the realm. Could be a good change of pace too...
CAboose

That was done in 2010. Me, myself, and I but it didn't get a tremendous turnout.
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:45 am

Yes, old jade jaw is correct, we did that once before and the turnout wasn't that great. However, if I remember correctly, it had to be a realistic depiction of yourself - as CAb00se mentioned, maybe if you were allowed to do a more creative take on your appearance (dressed up as your favorite hero or something) participation could possibly be better. I might give it a second chance in a future old contest poll, but, generally, I tend to avoid repeating ones that didn't get many entries, because that's a pretty good indicator that the Figure Realm community isn't very interested in the theme.

A somewhat related contest idea I had a while back, but I don't think I've mentioned till now, is an Avatar contest. Basically, you'd make a custom of somebody else's avatar image on Figure Realm (you can't pick your own avatar). So, for example, let's say you picked supersizeme, you'd make Grimlock as your entry.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Jarred_706 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:53 am

It'd be kind of cool to see like a Literary Legends Contests (be they from classic literature or from early pulps that are considered classics)

Characters like:
Professor Challenger
Tarzan
Captain Ahab
Long John Silver
etc...
Jarred_706
Regular Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:30 pm

That's a cool idea! I'm not sure how this thread will be monitored now that Patraw has stepped down from the contests? He certainly did a great job with keeping up with these contest related threads.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:25 pm

I had an idea that our next contest should be a Patraw the Master of Miniatures Tribute Contest :the criteria would be that all our figures are 3 inches or less and scratch built just like all Patraw's figures are.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby thejado101 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:06 pm

don't know if this has been done but anything zombie related? I.E. walking dead characters, just plain old zombies, left 4 dead, COD zombies etc...
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:10 pm

thejado101 wrote:don't know if this has been done but anything zombie related? I.E. walking dead characters, just plain old zombies, left 4 dead, COD zombies etc...

Been a while but it's been done.
http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomcontest.php?id=14
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby RandyJordan » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:20 am

I wanna see a contest where realmers make superheros with portable suits . For example , suitcase iron man , maybe he can have repulsion and no helmet. Another one can be captain america with his shield under his regular clothing or batman with just his mask and accessories. I'd love to see something like this.
RandyJordan
Casual Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:25 pm

Given that we're on our second 80's themed contest, it seems only natural that we have a 90's themed one.
Green Skin
Regulator

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments