Future Contest Ideas

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Future Contest Ideas

Postby Pickledish » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Although i had to decide between to partially same ideas. There's a second "version" i guess you could say. Alright weaponless, soft, cartoon-ish characters. No more fighting by hand and willpower. This is what i would like to call the "Frontlines" contest. Basically the theme would be taking any character that doesn't use weapons and recreating them into either post-apocalyptic, new age, or shift of fighting styles. Like taking Mario (again, with the video games.) and giving him armor, (power armor such as sy-fy futuristic armor) guns, and other devices used for war. Weapons revolved around powers the hero already has (like giving Mario flamethrowers powered by his own being) would be acceptable. Or just giving any hero weapons that he has to use due to the shift of times and circumstances, as well as developing a backstory to why he/she had to begin using weapons. Whether it'd be because the bad guy succeeded in his mission leaving the rest of the world in post apocalyptic, fallout 3 conditions, or leaving them to shift to more militaristic, technological, weapons to recapture their old land, or creating a story of why the shift of a new age of technology creating a new "weapon age" I suppose. I would really love to see everyone's ideas, designs, and stories to go with their figures.

Looking forward to hearing what you think!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Pickledish on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pickledish
Newbie Realmer

Postby Patraw » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:27 am

Heavily arming a character that doesn't normally use weapons could be interesting. Perhaps this could be implemented in a kind of "Weapon Up" way, similar to the previous "Armor Up" contest. In the interest of broadening the appeal, it might be better to allow participants to "weaponize" any character, rather than just individuals that don't normally use them.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Callidus Customs » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:18 am

Hello!

I'm not sure if this has been done or suggested before, but how about a Dynamic Duo type contest? Cyclops & Emma Frost, Juggernaut & Black Tom, Batman & Robin, Superman & Louis, Beast & Wonderman, Groot & Rocket Racoon, etc. etc. That sort of thing. As long as there is some sort of special relationship between the 2 characters it would be fair game. So Batman & Superman would be a legal entry, but Batman & Aquaman would not.
Callidus Customs
Inductee Realmer

Postby Pickledish » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:36 pm

Patraw wrote:Heavily arming a character that doesn't normally use weapons could be interesting. Perhaps this could be implemented in a kind of "Weapon Up" way, similar to the previous "Armor Up" contest. In the interest of broadening the appeal, it might be better to allow participants to "weaponize" any character, rather than just individuals that don't normally use them.

Yeah! that'd give a broader opportunity for it. Either way is fine though, :mrgreen: whatever idea you like more. :)
Pickledish
Newbie Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:39 am

Callidus Customs: A Dynamic Duo/Team contest idea isn't a bad idea, but that's fairly similar to the recent Group Dynamics one we ran a little while ago, so, I think it'd be a good idea to wait a bit before doing another multi-figure contest, just for the sake of variety. I've made a note of it for future consideration though.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby thejado101 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:47 am

I came up with this idea of a contest called 'scales'. Basically, you have to make an exact copy of a figure but in a different scale. You cant use the original figure at all and it has to be exact detail for detail. What do you guys think?
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:13 am

That's a pretty good one that I'll likely include in a future contest voting line-up. I like that you left the scale completely open, rather than limiting it to a specific height. The only potential sticky point I can think of is that some popular characters, like Spider-Man, are already available in a wide variety of scales to begin with.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:07 pm

I like the scale idea. I had considered posting a mini me competition with customizing a big and little version of a figure. 1/18 and 1/6 style as if they had accidentally been blasted by pym particles but I agree with Patraw, the open scale would be easier to work with.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:27 am

A contest involving two differently scaled versions of a single character, both big and small, is also neat, although that would obviously entail more work.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby CUZTOMIZA » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:25 am

How about...."APRIL FOOLS DAY"...doing Most Funniest and most laugh grabber custom action figure...Not really more on clowns but any character will do, movies, comics, etc..and even making serious characters silly as long as they would looked funny or they project humor at its best:D O:) :lol: :badgrin:
CUZTOMIZA
Inductee Realmer

Postby ole jade jaw » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:40 pm

CUZTOMIZA wrote:How about...."APRIL FOOLS DAY"...doing Most Funniest and most laugh grabber custom action figure...Not really more on clowns but any character will do, movies, comics, etc..and even making serious characters silly as long as they would looked funny or they project humor at its best:D O:) :lol: :badgrin:

Now that sounds like fun!! It would give everybody a chance to just be goofy. :D
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Patraw » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:42 am

Here's one that came to me while I was out walking the other night that I think would be fun--Custom Grab Bag. Here's how it would work:

- Anybody who wants to participate in the challenge sends me a PM saying so, and also gives me ten characters/things to add to the grab bag of ideas. The custom ideas can be specific characters from toy lines/comic books/movies/video games/etc. or real life. In return, I'll PM them back with three ideas that I randomly pull from said bag (you won't get your own ideas back, if I draw one of yours, I'll just draw again). Whatever you get is what you have to make for the contest, no trading with other people or re-drawing. You get three of them because you can submit a maximum of three entries to Figure Realm's custom contests. If you only want to submit one, or two, entries, then you're free to pick whichever thing(s) you liked the best out of the three that you got.

- Obviously, I'll know what everyone is making, so I'll refrain from voting, and commenting, on any of the contest entries, so my knowing won't have any effect on your voting results.

- I'll throw out any duplicate ideas I receive (i.e., if more than one person gives me "Deadpool", only the first one will go into the bag). However, I will accept multiple versions of a character (i.e., "Smart Hulk", "Grey Hulk", "Red Hulk", "Maestro Hulk", and "Hulk 2099" would all go into the bag, because they're all different variations.) I just don't want two, or more, people making the exact same thing.

- While you don't get to pick what you make, it is up to you how you go about customizing it. You can do the figure in whatever scale you want, and use whatever parts, base bodies, materials, etc. you think are appropriate.

- I'll reveal the entire contents of the bag, and what was suggested by whom, at the end of the voting period, which should prevent any shenanigans like somebody purposely suggesting really difficult things to try to make things hard on the other participants.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:52 am

I love this idea Patraw, sounds like a lot of work on your part but if you're happy to do it :D
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Patraw » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:08 am

Nah, it wouldn't be too much work. All I'd have to do it answer PMs, draw the ideas out of a bag/hat, and keep track of who's got what.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby CAb00se » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Here is a thought...what if there was a contest were everyone had to do the same character or "thing". Ex. Spiderman...everyone does there take on the character'. Could be Spiderman noir, 2099, scarlett spider or something completeley original ( like Jin Saotome's Steam punk spiderman) any scale. Not that Spiderman would be ideal for the contest(or maybe he would?) since there are only a couple of hundred Spiderman out there, but a character that would inspire a bit more originality...like maybe daredevil or iron man.

If I missed something similar that has already happened, then disregard...
Thanks
CAboose
CAb00se
Regular Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments