Future Contest Ideas

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Future Contest Ideas

Postby Patraw » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:06 am

I actually did provide a "Specific Character" option in a recent poll for selecting the next contest, but, I don't believe any Figure Realm members voted for it. I can see how it could be fun/interesting for everybody to do the same character, although that does provide less creative options. A popular character that has multiple looks/costumes/incarnations, like Spider-Man, would probably be a good choice for subject matter in such a challenge. It is something that's been requested by members more than once, so it will probably will find its way onto the poll again at some point in the future. Thanks for the suggestion!
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Cherry Bomb » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:47 pm

What about a (hate to steal this sites name but still ) a bloody disgusting contest! like ranging from battle damage to zombies to horror victims to weapons or even like gory dios for like hellrazor cenobytes
Like - Us(Untouchable Customs)
Member,Founder and Photographer of Untouchable Customs!
Cherry Bomb
Regular Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:17 pm

Cool ideas I loved doing the battle damaged contedt and there is so much media to work off for zombies. I think the gory dio contest could incorporate my how they died idea I posted previously if it gets chosen!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:45 am

A bloody disgusting contest could be interesting; I may include that as a choice in the next poll. That's general enough that is should appeal to customizers of all stripes (except perhaps for the squeamish). The first thing that comes to my mind for that theme is Garbage Pail Kids.

Alternatively, a zombie/undead contest (Zombies: Dead or Alive II) is one of the options in the current poll for the next challenge, so, if that's the type of thing you're interested in, you should head over to the voting thread and cast your vote for it. Dioramas II is currently in the lead, but the poll will still be open for a while yet (probably till late next week or early the following week), so you never know.

Battle Damage was a fairly popular one when we ran that about a year ago--maybe I'll include that as an option in the next old contest poll four contests down the road.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Cherry Bomb » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Patraw wrote:A bloody disgusting contest could be interesting; I may include that as a choice in the next poll. That's general enough that is should appeal to customizers (except perhaps for the squeamish) on many levels. The first thing that comes to my mind for that theme is Garbage Pail Kids.

Alternatively, a zombie/undead contest (Zombies: Dead or Alive II) is one of the options in the current poll for the next challenge, so, if that's the type of thing you're interested in, you should head over to the voting thread and cast your vote for it. Dioramas II is currently in the lead, but the poll will still be open for a while yet (probably till late next week or early the following week), so you never know.

Battle Damage was a fairly popular one when we ran that about a year ago--maybe I'll include that as an option in the next old contest poll four contests down the road.

Awesome! I just though the gore idea was good cuz it would have all the perks of battle damage + tons more
Like - Us(Untouchable Customs)
Member,Founder and Photographer of Untouchable Customs!
Cherry Bomb
Regular Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:45 am

I was just thinking how fun it would be to do a Superman knock-off contest. There are a plethora of publishers and media to choose from. The characters span time and space with parodies, clones, etc..I thought before it was too limited but with the abundance of contests...
Let's see, we have -Prime, Sentry, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Supreme, Omni Man, Mr. Majestic, Apollo, Captain Marvel, Black Adam, Gladiator, Quasar, Mighty Mouse, Wonderman, Goku, Icon, Plutonian, Fu$&wit, Bizarro, Superboy, Steel, Ultraman, Eradicator, Titan, Captain Planet, Savage Dragon, Photon, Underdog, Super Grover, Kid Supreme, Solar, The Visitor, Mr. incredible, The Silver Sentry, Supergirl, Marvelman, Captain Atom, Major Force, Mighty Man, Power Boy, Captain Carrot, Captain Comet, Ultiman, Astonishman,Kal Kent, Stupid Man, Super Rabbit, Stuper Duck, Bluto( Popeye), Alpha One, Hyperman, Captain Rectitude, Vartox, Union, Captain Dynamo, Bolt, Megaton Man, Space Ghost, Birdman, Sodam Yat, Overman, Supermouse, Maximum Man, Metro Man, Samaritan, Teuton, Supremo, Ethan Edwards ( Skrull), Thunderbunny, Super Guy( warner bros. Cartoon), Super Lulu, Man-God, Supersonic Man, Krypto the Super Dog, Black Terror, The Flame, Power Girl, Supermalegaon, G Girl ( Uma Thurman), Commander Steel, the Meteor, Crimson Chin.
Some of these may be questionable but I thought a list may help!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:08 am

That's an interesting one, and your list is certainly comprehensive!

The contest concept could also be expanded to include other characters too (i.e., Deadpool is a ripoff of Deathstroke the Terminator). If I put it in the poll, I could write it so that people can choose if they want it to be a specific character like Superman or more general in nature.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:21 pm

Thanks Patraw! That would be great. I have a finished of that list on my website if anyones interested. It has 101 Supermen!

http://www.redrebelcustoms.com/apps/blog/
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Artemis » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:30 am

How about a contest where you make your on origanal charecters
If you were me then I'd be you.And if i were you then id want to hide somwhere far way.
My Trading List viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41011
Artemis
Casual Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:15 pm

Another originals contest would be cool. I think we voted for something else last time but Ostentacious Originals is a contest that should be revisited. Gteat call Artemis!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:31 pm

What about Mole Men? Re-create the character as if they have had to live underground for the Last 1,000 years. Similar to the movie Time Machine. Do they get razor sharp claws for digging, leathery skin, red eyes? Maybe they've gone tribal, maybe an underground paradise, or they built kingdoms like dwarves. Has the planets gravity caused them to grow shorter or curled over and twisted, maybe walking on all six newly sprouted legs. It makes it easier for me to think of the Hulk with six arms and claws, fangs, hunchbacked, hairy and nearly blind. Burrowing through rock and earth. Latching It's-self to cave walls, drooling, hissing! Picking a centipede like creature off the wall and quickly gobbling it crunching in his razor-sharp teeth. A quiet smile of self-praise glistening off the mineral speckled wall. Showing a peculiar hint of what little sanity hasn't been stripped by a millenia of solitude!
Sorry, got a little carried away. LOL :D
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Artemis » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Also what about a contest where you have to make your fave hero as in animal
(ace the batdog and krypto dont count)
If you were me then I'd be you.And if i were you then id want to hide somwhere far way.
My Trading List viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41011
Artemis
Casual Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:58 am

RedRebelCustoms wrote:What about Mole Men? Re-create the character as if they have had to live underground for the Last 1,000 years. Similar to the movie Time Machine. Do they get razor sharp claws for digging, leathery skin, red eyes? Maybe they've gone tribal, maybe an underground paradise, or they built kingdoms like dwarves. Has the planets gravity caused them to grow shorter or curled over and twisted, maybe walking on all six newly sprouted legs. It makes it easier for me to think of the Hulk with six arms and claws, fangs, hunchbacked, hairy and nearly blind. Burrowing through rock and earth. Latching It's-self to cave walls, drooling, hissing! Picking a centipede like creature off the wall and quickly gobbling it crunching in his razor-sharp teeth. A quiet smile of self-praise glistening off the mineral speckled wall. Showing a peculiar hint of what little sanity hasn't been stripped by a millenia of solitude!
Sorry, got a little carried away. LOL :D

=D> Really like this one, I can imagine loads of twisted creations coming from it =D>
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Patraw » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:54 am

1. I listed Ostentatious Originals IV as one of the options in the poll where Vile Volitons II was selected, but nobody voted for it. I imagine I'll probably end up listing it on another "old" contest poll again. In the mean time, you're allowed to make anything you want for the current Articulation Junkie contest, including original characters, so long as they're highly flexible. Similarly, if you wanted to make an original character to go with a diorama for Dioramas II, that'd also be fine.

2. A Mole Man/Morlock underground character one would be interesting. Lots of room to flex the creative muscles there.

3. Making a human(oid) character as an animal is also a neat one. Somebody suggested an "Animal Hybrid" contest a looooong time ago that I was thinking about adding to a future poll, and I think this idea would work just as well.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:32 am

Howzabout a 1:1 scale toy accessory contest? Take any toy weapon or gear and scale it up so that's it's your size. You could make something relatively small like a grenade or throwing star or something huge like a spear or assault rifle. After the contest is over, you can use it for Halloween or cosplaying or something...

Here's another one: Seven Deadly Sins. Make a figure that represents either Pride, Lust, Greed, Wrath, Envy, Gluttony, or Sloth. For example, Disney's Uncle Scrooge for Greed. You could also create your own original interpretation of one of the sins.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments