Future Contest Ideas

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Future Contest Ideas

Postby shapp » Thu May 17, 2012 8:42 am

Id love to see a steampunk one. And the swimsuit one is hilarious!
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby thejado101 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:57 am

IDEA 1
TV shows? Not animation, cartoon or films. Maybe making the whole cast of the show?
Like:
Buffy the vampire slayer
touch
Heroes
Smallville
just my favourites :)

IDEA 2
marvel movies?

IDEA 3
soldiers. Either make a figure that is already a gun slinging type or turn a normal character into a soldier?
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby Jarred_706 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:35 pm

I could see some good chuckles from a "Fun in the Sun" swimsuit style contest...

Post-Apoctalyptic(a)...

With the Fairy Tale contest, the idea of a Disney redux started crossing my mind...taking classic Disney characters and slapping a Darker and Edgier look to them (see Snow White and the Huntsman)...
Jarred_706
Regular Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri May 18, 2012 8:38 am

Lots of good ideas, everyone! Funnily enough, I thought of the swimsuit one myself the other day too. It'd certainly be a good match for the upcoming summer months. Just think of the horror of Marvel's Kingpin or Blob in a speedo...
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby shapp » Fri May 18, 2012 8:44 am

Imagine the confusion on ebay when people start to see a ton of figs in bikinis :p
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri May 18, 2012 9:22 am

Is there usually a bunch of Figure Realm contest-related entries on eBay like that?
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Shinigami » Fri May 18, 2012 9:42 am

Jarred_706 wrote:I could see some good chuckles from a "Fun in the Sun" swimsuit style contest...

That reminds me of the old X-Men Academy 2 game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH5dTSeIsXk
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Fri May 18, 2012 12:41 pm

Patraw wrote:Is there usually a bunch of Figure Realm contest-related entries on eBay like that?

Yep lots of them wind up on ebay! I sold a few of my contest entries on there. Probably close to half of them. It makes a good selling point if you place and allows me to fund the habit so I can buy materials for the next contest. LOL. The majority of my proceeds goes back into customizing. I usually use commisions to supplement income for bills and my kids. :D
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby BKZ718 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:41 am

I just came here to post an idea I thought of, but while reading the last page I see patraw already posted it. I would love to see a mascot contest, but in the form of redesigning the existing figure realm version you see on your browser. If you don't know which one I will post a pic of it:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg11/sca ... es=landing
BKZ718
Fanatic Realmer

Postby loosecollector » Wed May 30, 2012 11:07 am

An apple-to-apple contest might be good. We can call it... "One for All Contest"

This is when FR asks a very specific figure from the contestants, making everyone do the same figure.
Like, not just a Cyclops but a "Jim Lee Cyclops". Or say, "Hulkbuster Ironman". Or even more specific like, "7-inch, articulated, Player 1, Charlie Nash that fit the NECA SF line"
loosecollector
Elite Realmer

Postby thejado101 » Wed May 30, 2012 2:26 pm

A deadpool only contest? Anyone?
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Wed May 30, 2012 5:02 pm

thejado101 wrote:A deadpool only contest? Anyone?

I know this may divide a lot of people but with all the Deadpools on here, I think it is worth a shot. I've heard the realm called the home of deadpool customs. I counted a while back. I think it may have neen a year or more but we had well over 400 DP's. I say this would get a lot of participation. There is a huge list of DP variants and spin-off's. If we did team-ups, crossovers, and single shot characters we could greatly expand the possibilities. Anyway, I'm game!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby BKZ718 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:39 pm

loosecollector wrote:An apple-to-apple contest might be good. We can call it... "One for All Contest"

This is when FR asks a very specific figure from the contestants, making everyone do the same figure.
Like, not just a Cyclops but a "Jim Lee Cyclops". Or say, "Hulkbuster Ironman". Or even more specific like, "7-inch, articulated, Player 1, Charlie Nash that fit the NECA SF line"

I like it. This is similar to my idea but the premise remains the same, everyone does the same character. There's no better way to appreciate everyone's individual style. I'm down for that!

update: You know how batman had many different shows and toy lines? There must be over 1000 different batman figures featuring different gimmicks and designs. He would be an excellent choice for a contest like this. (especially with a new movie coming out!)
BKZ718
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Patraw » Thu May 31, 2012 8:24 am

I included the option for a character-specific contest in a previous poll, but I don't think it got any votes. Maybe I'll put it up again in the next poll--if you wanted Deadpool, Batman, or whomever, then you'd just nominate that character when you cast your vote for said theme, whichever character got the most votes would be the focus of the challenge (that seems the fairest way to do it to me.)

I think the Figure Realm mascot one would be fun--it'd be neat to see some original character designs to reflect our community. Who knows? Maybe Captain Coder could put the Gold Trophy winner up in the site's banner or something.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:55 pm

How about a female transformer contest? Officially the only female tf made is the several Arcee figures so she'd not be allowed but you could do the various other females from the g1 cartoons, comics, or originals or even gender bending.
Wesr
Realminator

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments