Forum Upgrade Complete

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Forum Upgrade Complete

Postby Captain Coder » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:26 am

The forum upgrade is complete, as far as we know. Remember, all private messages and users who never made a post have been deleted.

If you find any issues, please post them here. Do not send PMs or emails about forum issues to me or other Regulators. I want them to be posted publicly so everyone knows what the issues are and the progress.

Enjoy!
Captain Coder
Regulator

Re: Forum Upgrade Complete

Postby leafman343 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:54 am

Is there a way to change where a poster's information is displayed? Before the upgrade, a poster's name, avatar and such was displayed on the left, now it's all on the right side. For people that were used to the old boards and those of us who read left-to-right, the new set up is a bit confusing. It doesn't need to be a global change for all users, but an option for individual users to change that would be nice.

Edit: something else I just noticed. Quotes are hard to read, the quote block is white and the quoted text is white.
Last edited by leafman343 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Captain Coder » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:58 pm

leafman343 wrote:Is there a way to change where a poster's information is displayed?

No, I have not found an option to this. I didn't like it either at first because I wasn't used to it, but I actually prefer this way now. It kinda makes more sense. You don't normally read all the poster stats every time, and it still tells you who the poster is on the right side in the "by" label. I'll keep an eye out for an option though.

leafman343 wrote:Edit: something else I just noticed. Quotes are hard to read, the quote block is white and the quoted text is white.

This should be fixed now. Let me know if you see any more of these.
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby BurchCustoms » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:41 pm

Captain Coder wrote:
leafman343 wrote:Edit: something else I just noticed. Quotes are hard to read, the quote block is white and the quoted text is white.

still does it if you quote a quote... like above.
jakeb of Burch Customs
Vita mutatur, non tollitur

Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=19803

L.Roy's Art Page: http://lroyburch.deviantart.com/gallery/
BurchCustoms
Avid Realmer

Postby Captain Coder » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:59 pm

BurchCustoms wrote:
Captain Coder wrote:

still does it if you quote a quote... like above.

Now, what would you go and do that for. [-X It should be fixed now :oops:

Thanks guys!
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby Top-notch comix » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:00 pm

holy crap! it's all so shinny!... It'll take some (a lot) of getting used to... It looks like the fwoosh, but doesn't hurt your eyes lol... wow... the avitar thing bugs me too. It bugs me on all forums... and now the realm... I personally liked the old realm better I think. sorry Coder 8-[ I'll try to like it. I really will (I like that more smilies are diplayed now)
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Top-notch comix » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:04 pm

by the way, could you tell us what all the new icons next to posts mean? I'm only used to the lightning bolt, and the locked emblems... thanks!
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Darththomas » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:08 pm

All seems pretty good to me, been browsing for about 15 mins and not encountered any problems, ok so the avatars have switched sides but that's easy to deal with and also reading left to right it's like you can try to guess who wrote a comment before seing who it was (ah all the fun happens in my house). Anyways, to sum up a great job cap and i'm off now to familiarise myself with the rest of the site.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Captain Coder » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:12 pm

Top-notch comix wrote:by the way, could you tell us what all the new icons next to posts mean? I'm only used to the lightning bolt, and the locked emblems... thanks!

I think they are self-explanatory except the little red star you see on the topic icons. It means that you have posted in that topic previously.
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby Top-notch comix » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:15 pm

gottcha... that's the one I was confused about. thank you
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Top-notch comix » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:21 pm

I have unfortunatley found a problem... I guess...

when you view your PM outbox, the text is white (same color as the background) so you have to hilight the message to view it... don't know about recieved PM's though. I know that this isn't a huge issue (I don't view my sent msgs often) but, figured I'd let you know... sorry
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Captain Coder » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:32 pm

Top-notch comix wrote:when you view your PM outbox, the text is white (same color as the background) so you have to hilight the message to view it... don't know about recieved PM's though. I know that this isn't a huge issue (I don't view my sent msgs often) but, figured I'd let you know... sorry

Don't apologize. This is exactly the stuff I'm looking for so I can get it fixed. [smilie=fixtit.gif]

It should be fixed now. You may have to press CTRL+F5, or clear your file cache, if the fix doesn't show up right away.

Thanks top-notch!
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby Top-notch comix » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:38 pm

yup, you fixed it! Thank you, good sir :)
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Top-notch comix » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:46 pm

found another one! in the figurerealm news and comments section, the "(toy series) from (toy company) has arrived" topics are... messed up... badly
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Captain Coder » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:38 pm

Top-notch comix wrote:found another one! in the figurerealm news and comments section, the "(toy series) from (toy company) has arrived" topics are... messed up... badly

Ack! They sure got mangled in the conversion process. All cleaned up now. [smilie=hammerit.gif]
Captain Coder
Regulator

Next

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments