The new Capcom contest is AMAZING!!!!

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

The new Capcom contest is AMAZING!!!!

Postby supersizeme » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:55 pm

I have just quickly viewed all the entries for the new Capcom contest and I am literally blown away. I don't know if it is the really great idea of making a Capcom customs contest that inspired so many great customizers to enter the arena but this contest is a super success!!! . I can't recall a contest here on the realm with so many awesome customs. In the past contests there maybe a handful of front runners that stand out from the others but in this one there are at least ten customs if not more that deserve the 5 star perfection score. I think judging is going to be difficult and when I have the time I will analyze each entry and leave the appropriate comments. Good luck to all the customizers who entered and thank you for your inspiration.
supersizeme
Regulator

Re: The new Capcom contest is AMAZING!!!!

Postby Wesr » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:31 pm

it's not bad but i have to say as an older gamer i'd have liked to have seen more older characters and not just Marvel Vs Capcom stuff. Still there are some good older game characters.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Patraw » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:37 am

I agree that the quality of the customs in general for this contest is quite high. It's nice to see a good spread of characters across the Capcom spectrum too.

I intentionally included the option to do licensed/versus stuff to entice customizers to participate who otherwise might not be interested in making a video game character (plus, Capcom makes some really good licensed games). The majority of the customs submitted to Figure Realm are comic book characters, so I try to keep that in mind when writing up the contest rules and selecting themes.

Seeing as how this one turned out well, participation-wise, you can probably look forward to another company-centric video game contest again in the future (although not for a while, variety is the spice of life). Nintendo or Sega would probably be the frontrunners, although I'm certainly open to other ideas.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby RealMrPolite » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:28 pm

sounds cool! Where can i see these? ](*,)
RealMrPolite
Newbie Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:30 am

RealMrPolite wrote:sounds cool! Where can i see these? ](*,)

Here is a link to that contest: http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigures.php?op=5&id=51
Green Skin
Regulator

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments