Cannot View Custom Showcase...

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Cannot View Custom Showcase...

Postby Hrothmeir » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:12 pm

First, please understand that I'm aware the problem may be completely on my end; but you never know if someone else has the same problem...
Okay, So: After reading the frontpage community news that the Custom Showcase was switching to the new format, (about two weeks ago) I headed over to check it out. When I clicked on "Newest figures" all was fine. However, when I click on a figure... NOTHING. I am brought to a page that has the header bar and the basic Figurerealm background, but no custom nor info on custom. I've tried this on two seperate computers, both logged-in and -out, with multiple figures... nothing. I even tried searching for older figures and... nothing. ](*,)

So, if anyone has this problem or, more hopefully, knows what to do, please give a shout. Thanks!
Hrothmeir
Inductee Realmer

Re: Cannot View Custom Showcase...

Postby VariablePenguin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Try deleting your cookies. Sometimes, they're just too delicious and you have to throw them away.
VariablePenguin
Elite Realmer

Postby Hrothmeir » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:24 pm

Have purged the cookies (there's a Metal band in that phrase somewhere...) but to no avail. Just checked the site on a 3rd computer, and it works there. Very strange...
Hrothmeir
Inductee Realmer

Postby Hrothmeir » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:31 pm

Well, as I said on the first post, the problem was on my end: due to some fiddling around I had to do on my computer a few months back, I've had IE8 Optimized for Bing and MSN installed. Apparently, this is not a supported format according to the FR FAQ (yes, I know, I should always check there first :roll: ) Anyhoo, downloaded FireFox (I feel so dirty...) and the problem was fixed. Now all I need is a non-optimized install of IE 8 and I'll be right as rain! Thanks for the help, and happy American Independence Day!
Hrothmeir
Inductee Realmer

Postby Captain Coder » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:51 am

Hello Hrothmeir,

That's great info. I'm glad you figured that out. We highly recommend using Firefox or Chrome to browse the internet, but we also do test new features with IE7 to make sure they still work. Speaking as both a developer and normal user of the internet, IE has had numerous problems over the past couple years. I like to stay away from it as much as possible, but I'll see if I can find IE8 somewhere and see if there's an easy fix for your issue when I get a chance.
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby Captain Coder » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:04 pm

I found a version of IE8 on two different machines, and they both seemed to work just fine. I'm not sure about "Optimized for Bing and MSN", or exactly what that means.
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby python6 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:29 pm

I'm having the same problem clean my cookies set laptop back to factory default.Still did not help
python6
Inductee Realmer

Postby Captain Coder » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Are you using the "Optimized for Bing and MSN" IE8 as well?

Clearing cookies woudn't matter for this situation. The Custom Showcase doesn't use any cookies.
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby Captain Coder » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:30 pm

I think I found a fix for this IE8 issue. Can someone who was experiencing this problem before please let me know if it works for you now or not.
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby MenByMckenn » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:32 am

Captain Coder wrote:I think I found a fix for this IE8 issue. Can someone who was experiencing this problem before please let me know if it works for you now or not.

Cap... I too was having this problem before and now it seems to be working fine for me. Thanks.
MxM
"Here comes the beating of your life!"
MenByMckenn
Regular Realmer

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments