Contest concern

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Contest concern

Postby Bob-a-Ferret » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:00 am

This may have been brought up before I don't know honestly.
This does not affect me at this time as I do not put a watermark on my pics yet.
But if the contestants are suppose to be even somewhat ambiguous should that not mean no WATERMARKS on the pics?
Just saying!
Live by the sword but know that there is a time to love thy woman and your children. For if they do not know your love then your life has no worth and you have failed as a man.
Bob-a-Ferret
Elite Realmer

Re: Contest concern

Postby Patraw » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:43 am

It all depends on what the watermark is--if it doesn't identify the customizer in anyway, then I don't see any harm in it. Let's say someone made a Cobra Commander custom figure for a contest and decided to stick a big Cobra logo on their entry photo--that's more of a window-dressing thing, it doesn't tell you anything about the customizer, unless that's the individual's practice to always do that on their G.I.JOE customs. Placing a watermark that consists of your own name/username or personal logo is mainly what we're concerned about.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:31 am

Not having watermarks on contest entries is a rule, us mods do try to stop it happening but they do slip through the net sometimes when we're busy. Also some customizers add them after a contest is over to stop their work getting pinched.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Bob-a-Ferret » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Oh I understand I have just noticed several watermarks in the last few contests. I also know it is technically a rule but it does not seem to be monitored or enforced just from my perception mind you. I was wondering about it as I Have seen quite a bit since my return. As for doing so AFTER please I think it is a great Idea I am currently working on my logo to make one for myself but I am a little way out on this. But I notice there are plenty of infractions on this subject and was curious.
Live by the sword but know that there is a time to love thy woman and your children. For if they do not know your love then your life has no worth and you have failed as a man.
Bob-a-Ferret
Elite Realmer

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments