Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby supersizeme » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:31 am

Way of the blade all the way....um you know what i mean
User avatar
supersizeme
Regulator
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby Tim 121RVC » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:42 am

Same Base!

1. Vintage MOTU He-Man
2. Vintage TMNT Shredder
3. Vintage ARAH Viper (G.I.Joe)
User avatar
Tim 121RVC
Inductee Realmer
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:27 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby Green Skin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:05 am

As you can no doubt tell Way of the Blade takes the next contest slot. Everyone feel free to drop a line in the Future Contest ideas thread if there is a contest theme that didn't win but you'd like to see come up for voting again. For the next voting session we're going to do something a little different.

Same Base

Since the voting was so close and since this idea has come up so many times I think it's time we just did it. I'm skipping the normal round of voting in order to give us time to determine what the base for this contest will be. For this contest you can make any character you want with no restrictions as long as you use the same base figure as everyone else. I think this will be a great contest since everyone starts on a level playing field and seeing all the different ways the same figure can be used will be quite interesting and maybe even a little educational.

So now we vote on what figure we want to use. The base body doesn't have to be a specific character, it can be a generalized base that is used on multiple figures. Heres how we do it, everyone pick 3 figures and the winning figure will be the base we use for the contest. Keep in mind we want to choose a figure that is as cheap and easy to aquire as possible, so voting for something rare or expensive probably isn't a good idea.

I will save my vote in case we need a tie breaker, but here is a list of some common figures just to give everyone some examples.:

Shield Agent
Female Shield Agent
Classic He-Man
DCUC Male
DCUC Female
Bucky Cap
WWE Elite
WWE Deluxe
User avatar
Green Skin
Regulator
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby Shinigami » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:33 am

1. WWE Elite, Chris Jericho type body
2. new Bucky Cap
3. DCUC female
User avatar
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:37 am
Location: Poland

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:07 pm

WWE ELITE
WWE DELUXE AGGRESSION
DCUC MALE


QUESTION- What about feankensteining, joint mods/additons, full or drastic sculpts? Will these be limited? If not, the base is kind of insignificant to a point. Unless this is a headswap, repaint, and glue on accessories contest? I'm confused on the parameters of this as a functional theme. Not trying to ruin the fun by any means folks. :-k
REDREBELCUSTOMS
User avatar
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby Green Skin » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:22 am

RedRebelCustoms wrote:WWE ELITE
WWE DELUXE AGGRESSION
DCUC MALE


QUESTION- What about feankensteining, joint mods/additons, full or drastic sculpts? Will these be limited? If not, the base is kind of insignificant to a point. Unless this is a headswap, repaint, and glue on accessories contest? I'm confused on the parameters of this as a functional theme. Not trying to ruin the fun by any means folks. :-k


The rules will be listed when the contest is launched. Basically the 'same base' is only the torso, arms and legs of whatever figure we choose and it'll act as the core of whatever custom you want to make. As long as that core remains intact you can do whatever you want. Swap in whatever hands, feet and head you want. Sculpt anything you want onto it. Hopefully that makes sense.
User avatar
Green Skin
Regulator
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby Green Skin » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:57 am

For example if fat daddy here was chosen, pictured is the required base that each entry must be built on. As long as this part of the figure is present, it's a legal entry.

Image
User avatar
Green Skin
Regulator
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby Batman1016 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:47 am

If, say, classic He-Man were to be chosen, would splicing joints in at the knees and elbows etc. be permissible? So long as most of the original sculpt is maintained? Or is that altering the base too much?
User avatar
Batman1016
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:08 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby Green Skin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:16 am

Batman1016 wrote:If, say, classic He-Man were to be chosen, would splicing joints in at the knees and elbows etc. be permissible? So long as most of the original sculpt is maintained? Or is that altering the base too much?


In the case of the classic He-Man that would be acceptable yes.
User avatar
Green Skin
Regulator
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Green Skin wrote:For example if fat daddy here was chosen, pictured is the required base that each entry must be built on. As long as this part of the figure is present, it's a legal entry.

Image

Just to be clear. If I was to take Dusty there and splice in parts and dremel him, then sculpt until he was a 12" giant that would be ok as long as it's built on that base?
REDREBELCUSTOMS
User avatar
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby Green Skin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:12 pm

RedRebelCustoms wrote:
Green Skin wrote:For example if fat daddy here was chosen, pictured is the required base that each entry must be built on. As long as this part of the figure is present, it's a legal entry.

Image

Just to be clear. If I was to take Dusty there and splice in parts and dremel him, then sculpt until he was a 12" giant that would be ok as long as it's built on that base?



If thats the way you want to go about it you are free to do so . I'd encourage the inclusion of a WiP pic so you don't get lower votes by people thinking you didn't follow the rules.
User avatar
Green Skin
Regulator
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby Batman1016 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:56 am

Well, I vote DCUC male. Real easy to get ahold of. In fact, you probably have one lying around already! So, I figure that's the best choice for everyone.
User avatar
Batman1016
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:08 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby Green Skin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:47 am

Batman1016 wrote:Well, I vote DCUC male. Real easy to get ahold of. In fact, you probably have one lying around already! So, I figure that's the best choice for everyone.


pic 3 please
User avatar
Green Skin
Regulator
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby Batman1016 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:16 am

DCUC Male
DCUC Female
Classic He-Man
User avatar
Batman1016
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:08 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby Green Skin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:20 am

Batman1016 wrote:DCUC Male
DCUC Female
Classic He-Man

Thank you :D :D :D
User avatar
Green Skin
Regulator
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Minneapolis

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


cron