Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby Batman1016 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:46 pm

That's what I was saying, but no one seems to be posting a new poll.
Batman1016
Regular Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Shinigami wrote:Maybe we should start voting for next contests using the themes that didn't win?

That's a good idea Shinigami! Also Cancelled figures would be a good one. Maybe we could use the ones that had the most votes first in rank. The contest idea thread and the contest search on the main page would make a great starting point for a master list unless Patraw decides to give up his master list. I had one somewhere in a file to help me remeber and brainstorming. :D
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:33 pm

RedRebelCustoms wrote:
Shinigami wrote:Maybe we should start voting for next contests using the themes that didn't win?

That's a good idea Shinigami! Also Cancelled figures would be a good one. Maybe we could use the ones that had the most votes first in rank. The contest idea thread and the contest search on the main page would make a great starting point for a master list unless Patraw decides to give up his master list. I had one somewhere in a file to help me remeber and brainstorming. :D

I think before we do that we should first do a Patraw the Master of Miniatures Tribute Contest:the criteria would be that all our figures are 3 inches or less and scratch built just like all Patraw's figures are. I think this would be a nice thank you to Patraw for doing a great job of running the contests for many years.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Green Skin » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:51 pm

I agree with Pock. That is a great idea for a contest, but it might be wise to allow customizing of existing small scale miniatures. It may get a better turn out that way since scratch building in that scale is a bit intimidating. I'd just hate for a Patraw tribute to get a low turn out.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:08 pm

I agree with the Patraw Tribute. I'm just not sure how many possess the skill to make those little guys!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:17 pm

Green Skin wrote:I agree with Pock. That is a great idea for a contest, but it might be wise to allow customizing of existing small scale miniatures. It may get a better turn out that way since scratch building in that scale is a bit intimidating. I'd just hate for a Patraw tribute to get a low turn out.

Your right, not many can come close to Patraws great skill at scratch building that scale of figure and I agree we want to make sure lots of people can enter this contest :)
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:19 pm

I believe people should be able to have the option of making mini figs or using heroclix/heroscape/etc to make a mini fig or make something that is from a RPG, in honor of him.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby Batman1016 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:38 pm

Ooo, I like the Patraw idea! But I also agree, miniature scratch building might be too intimidating for the majority of our members. I'd be cool with it if it was just a size competition. You can do any character so long as the toy is three inches or smaller. It can be a 3-foot-tall character done in 1/12 scale (say, a dwarf or a hobbit), it can be a small scale pet made for a larger figure (a cat familiar or Squirrel Girl's pet Tippy-Toe), it can be a miniature version of a normally larger figure (a small superhero or videogame character), it can even be a normally very tiny object UPSCALED to three inches (say, a particularly tiny but fascinating insect, some sort of nano-bot done in a visible scale, etc). I'd say the only base medium restriction should be, no unmodified game miniatures. This isn't a "paint detailing skills" contest, it should be a "working in small scale" contest. Working from miniatures is fine, so long as they have distinct modifications. Just painting up a WarHammer 40K space marine and calling it a custom shouldn't cut it, but resculpting the helmet to look like a Spartan and calling it Master Chief would be acceptable. I think that would be a contest that lots of people could enter!

And THEN we do Cancelled Figures! :mrgreen:
Batman1016
Regular Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Scale is definately a viable option as Patraw had a couple scale related competitions on the list I believe.
1. Scaling down an existing figure.- Scales
2. Making a large and a small version of any character- Mini Me
3. Enlarging existing RPG characters, ie. D&D, Warhammer, etc.. - We know how much he liked those.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby supersizeme » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:24 pm

The Patraw tribute contest sounds like an Awesome idea. But I agree it might be alittle intimidating to scratch build like Patraw. But I am down for making a miniatures contest.
supersizeme
Regulator

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:32 pm

supersizeme wrote:The Patraw tribute contest sounds like an Awesome idea. But I agree it might be alittle intimidating to scratch build like Patraw. But I am down for making a miniatures contest.

Ok, I have had a miniature in mind for a while, so I'm down. Who's running this thing now????
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:11 pm

RedRebelCustoms wrote:
supersizeme wrote:The Patraw tribute contest sounds like an Awesome idea. But I agree it might be alittle intimidating to scratch build like Patraw. But I am down for making a miniatures contest.

Ok, I have had a miniature in mind for a while, so I'm down. Who's running this thing now????

I'd be happy to run the contests for a while, atleast until someone else shows up who wants to do it
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Darththomas » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Never fear, we have a plan, we are on it...........promise
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby HeartBreakKid » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:45 pm

the next contest theme up will indeed be patraw master of miniatures. I just sent in the contest write up.
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby RandyJordan » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:21 pm

I wanna see a contest where realmers make superheros with portable suits . For example , suitcase iron man , maybe he can have repulsion and no helmet. Another one can be captain america with his shield under his regular clothing or batman with just his mask and accessories. I'd love to see something like this.
RandyJordan
Casual Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments