Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:32 am

Guna go with #2. The name says everything. I am an articulation junkie. Super-poseable figures are something I can' t get enough of. I think Asch would be taking the gold if he chooses to enter. This is a very hard choice with the concepts, as previously stated. I can think of a few figures that are begging for double knee and elbows or an ab-crunch. Supes and Bats could use some serious mobility. They never make Hulks poseable enough in a practical manner and Revoltech joints are cool too. Even improving head poseability or fingers would be fun. Love me some Frankensteining!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby saber4734 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:49 pm

#4 Indie Comics Contest is my vote
saber4734
Inductee Realmer

Postby Patraw » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:44 am

The Independent Comics contest was already selected as a winner (and said challenge is currently active for you to participate in)--you voted from a list of contest themes from an older poll. You'll have to choose again from the most recent list of contest themes if you want your vote to be counted (Art Alive, Articulation Junkie, I Love the 70s/80s/90s/00s, Pirates, Specific Character, and Three Choices).
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:09 am

Well, unfortunately, we've got a three-way tie here, so that means I've got to play tie-breaker and pick one of them. I've decided I'm going to go with Articulation Junkie. Come February 1st, that will be the next challenge, so start thinking about a character that you might like to make a super-poseable version of. Here are your choices for the February 15th contest (remember, only pick one):

#1 Accessory Figures
A contest that focuses on all those smaller sidekicks/pets that come packaged as accessories with larger figures (my younger brother used to refer to these as "Adventure Pals" when we were kids). Give those little lumps of plastic some customizing love so that they can emerge out of their masters' shadows and shine. G.I.JOE Shipwreck's Polly, C.O.P.S. Dr. Badvibes' Buzzbomb, Real Ghostbusters' Mini Ghosts, Spawn Gravedigger's Bendy Demons, Blackstar's Alien Demons/Trobbits, etc.

#2 Elemental Fury
Make a custom figure that represents one of the four classic Greek elements: Air, Earth, Fire, or Water. You can extrapolate those a bit in order to get other elemental variations. For example, you could substitute ice/snow for water, lava/magma for fire, wind/lightning for air, plants/rocks/mud for earth, etc. You don't have to go all medieval Dungeons & Dragons with this, you could do robots, modern super heroes/villains, Battle Beasts, etc., just as long as the character has an elemental focus or powers/abilities.

#3 Future Imperfect
Show us what your favorite characters would look like far into the future. You could redesign them completely (say, something like Marvel 2099), give us a glimse of what they'll look like as old men/women, etc.

#4 Locked & Loaded
This would pretty much be an offensive, rather than a defensive, version of the past "Armor Up" contest. Take your favorite characters and load them up with enough weapons to take out a small army, or upgrade/redesign them to be more hardcore/aggressive.

#5 Shapeshifters
Any entity that can change its shape from one form to another. This can be either a complete body transformation or a specific part of the anatomy (the ability to morph hands into various weapons for example). This would include things like Transformers or GoBots, various were creatures, T-1000, Metamorpho, Plastic Man, Man-E-Faces, Mr. Fantastic, Clown/Violator, etc.

#6 Turtle Power
Anything and everything dealing with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The comic books, cartoons, movies, video games, and toy lines are all fair game.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Shinigami » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Future Imperfect for me, thank you very much.
It has to be an original concept, or all the 2099s, Old Man Logans and Spider-Man: Reigns are ok?

About Shapeshifters, if the dude can mimic another dude, like Mystique, one could enter with any figure, from a vintage Turtle, to Spider-Man. Or are there restrictions?
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Pickledish » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:27 pm

#4 sounds EXCELLENT. I'm looking forward to gear up a figure with whatever huge guns i have lying around in a bin.....
Pickledish
Newbie Realmer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:58 pm

my vote is for #5 shapeshifters. I do like the lock and loaded also, but #5.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby Patraw » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:23 am

Shinigami: For the Future Imperfect one, either would be fine, an original creation, or something from existing media. So, Spider-Man Reign or Old Man Logan would both be acceptable, or you could make your own original futuristic rendition of the characters.

You raise a good point about shapeshifting; someone who can change into anything could theoretically be represented by any figure which could be a problematic loophole of sorts. I probably would have to institute some kind of restriction regarding that--probably the requirement that you'd have to visually show that the character is a shapeshifter in some fashion. For the example of Mystique, one could show her in mid-transformation perhaps (or just make her in her natural form).
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby CUZTOMIZA » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:33 pm

How about...."APRIL FOOLS DAY"...doing Most Funniest and most laugh grabber custom action figure...Not really more on clowns but any character will do, movies, comics, etc..and even making serious characters silly as long as they would looked funny :D O:) :lol: :badgrin:
CUZTOMIZA
Inductee Realmer

Postby Patraw » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:23 am

A humor-themed challenge is a good idea, as it'd be a nice change from the norm. There's lots of potential there for all sorts of creative ideas.

Please post contest theme suggestions in the 'Future Contest Ideas' thread, as this thread is intended to be just for contest theme voting.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby dbocustoms » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:26 am

#1!!! all sound cool though
TRADE LIST viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37739
i LoVe LAmP
dbocustoms
Avid Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:35 am

Future imperfect sounds awesome but mid transformation with shapeshifters just holds more sway for me. #5 it is.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:18 am

Allrighty, Shapeshifters got the most votes and shall be the February 15th contest. Here are your choices for the March 1st contest (please only pick one):

#1 1st Appearances
Create a custom representing how a character looked when they were first introduced to the world. Maybe they dressed more conservatively or outlandishly than they do now, were depicted in black and white rather than color, had a completely different identity or powers, etc. This isn't restricted to comic book characters, you could do people/things from cartoons, video games, movies, television, etc. too.

#2 April Fools
Create a humorous custom of some sort. Comedy is kind of an abstract/subjective thing, so how you want to interpret that is really up to you. You might change a normal character to look silly in some way, give a figure ridiculous gag accessories, set up funny situations in your entry photos, etc. In keeping with Figure Realm's general rules, let's keep the jokes rated PG-13.

#3 Energized
Make a custom that incorporates some kind of energy effect. Lantern Corps ring projections, Sith Force Lightning, Psylocke's psi-blade, Cyclops' optic beams, Jack Kirby dots, that kind of stuff. Time to break out the hot glue, transparent plastic/resin, etc.

#4 Fairy Tales
Make a character from any classic fairy tale, folk story, fable, or similar yarn. You can do a traditional version, or redesign them however you like (i.e., you could take a "twisted" McFarlane Toys like approach if you wanted to, etc.)

#5 Same Base
You can make whatever you want, but everybody who participates MUST use the same base body for this contest. If you choose this option, then please also list your top three picks for the figure you'd want to see used as the base. The base body doesn't have to be a specific character, it can be a more general/generic "blank" figure if you prefer. Keep in mind that, in order for this to work, your suggested base bodies should be things that are relatively easy for your average customizer to obtain (i.e., please don't pick figures that are rare, expensive, etc.)

#6 Sliding Scale
Pick any figure that you want and then reproduce it, as closely as you can, in an entirely different scale.
You can go in either direction, bigger or smaller. For example, you could take a 6" figure and make a 2", 3-3/4", 12", 18", etc. version instead.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:41 pm

I really like a lot of these ideas, but will go with #4. wanted to see this one for a long time.
do have to say though the base fig would be an interesting one especially if was between the charactes everyone seems to have and doesn't know what to do with, like longshot, madman, lady deathstrike, etc. would be an interesting concept. but I believe it is time for fairy/folk tales. keep up the amazing job patraw.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby Shinigami » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:40 pm

Yeah, #4 too.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments