Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:19 pm

A little late to the party but .. #4. Hoping #3 makes it to another round of votes though.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:21 am

You're not late, I usually let the voting go for about two weeks (I do need some time to write up/edit the rules/description for the contest, and find some appropriate pictures, which is why I usually close it several days before the start date); this particular poll will probably remain open until late next week.

Eventually, I'll probably have a "second chance" poll, where I select some of the contest themes from previous offerings that people were interested in, but didn't get enough votes, and run those together. All the contest ideas/suggestions people make stay on my Microsfot Wordpad file until they actually get used as a contest, so they're never "gone", even if they aren't picked.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:12 am

"Fairy Tales" is the undisputed victor, so that shall be the new custom contest theme for March 1st; thanks for voting!

My current plan is to revisit an old challenge every fourth contest, so, with "Vile Volitions II" set to go before the voters shortly, it's time to revive another vintage theme. I included "Diorama Contest II" and "From The Movies II" again, as those two were the runner-up choices the last time I ran a poll for old contests, but I filled the winner's spot, and the slots of the other three themes that didn't get any votes, with different options. So, cast your vote for the one that you'd most like to see as the March 15th challenge:

#1 Diorama Contest II
Make a custom base, diorama, or playset of some sort to display your figures in/on. This can be something relatively small and simple, like the sculpted bases that came with early Marvel Legends waves, or something huge and complex, like a complete MOTU Castle Grayskull playset. You do not have to make a custom figure to go with it.

#2 From The Movies II
Any character from any movie. In addition to theatrical releases, Direct-to-DVD and Made-for-Television movies are also legal subject matter. It doesn't matter how the movie was made: Live action, animation (traditional hand-drawn or computer generated), puppetry/animatronics, stop-motion models, etc., are all acceptable.

#3 Gotham City II
Anybody belonging to (1) the extended Bat Family (Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, Huntress, etc.), (2) Batman's Rogues Gallery (Joker, Killer Croc, Two-Face, Bane, Riddler, etc.), or (3) supporting characters in Gotham City (Commissioner Gordon, Harvey Bullock, Lucius Fox, etc). You could also do Batman-relevant vehicles/playsets like the Batmobile, Bat Cave, etc.

#4 Ninja II
Any ninja character, from any media, or just invent your own silent assassin. The Foot Clan, TMNT, Stormshadow, Snake-Eyes, Kamakura, Night Creepers, Ninjor, Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden), Joe Musashi (Shinobi), The Hand, Mortal Kombat's seemingly endless supply of rainbow-hued ninja variants, etc.

#5 Winter of Women II
Simply make any female character for this one. This isn't Gender Bender, so you're not allowed to convert a male character into a feminine version; whatever you make has to be biologically female from birth (or, in the case of something inorganic like Transformers' Arcee, programmed/built "female".)

#6 Zombies: Dead or Alive II
While the title says zombies, you'll be allowed to make any type of undead creature for this challenge: Vampires, mummies, ghouls, ghosts, liches, animate skeletons, wraiths, spectres, etc. These can be existing undead characters, original creations, or you can make an undead version of your favorite living character.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:50 am

Number 1. After seeing the last dio contest, I can't wait to see another. That inner Sanctorum was stellar craftmanship. We definately could use some more dios on the Realm!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:36 pm

I love all the possibilities and love #s 1,2 and 5. but may go with 1 so we can see some awesome work.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby Shinigami » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:27 pm

I think #2.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby ~♥XxGeekyGabixX♥~ » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Ima go ahead and vote for 1 especailly seeming I have a dio in the works as is lol!
ImageImage
~♥XxGeekyGabixX♥~
Regular Realmer

Postby Cherry Bomb » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:22 am

#6 Gab should get stripped of her sig for not picking this one
Like - Us(Untouchable Customs)
Member,Founder and Photographer of Untouchable Customs!
Cherry Bomb
Regular Realmer

Postby Patraw » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:50 am

Dioramas II is the winner and shall be the new March 15th contest--thanks for voting! Here are your six choices for the April 1st contest (please only pick one):

#1 Bloody Disgusting
Make something visually revolting for this challenge. Create a figure/thing that's gory, gross, or tasteless. We're looking for the kind of stimulating stuff that parents try to get banned from stores like Topps' Garbage Pail Kids or McFarlane's Tortured Souls.

#2 Custom Grab Bag
Instead of choosing what you make for this challenge yourself, you'll be getting three randomly drawn ideas for custom figures from the minds of your fellow Figure Realm members (plus you'll also be throwing your own ideas into the grab bag for the other participants). While you don't get to pick your subject matter, it is up to you how you go about customizing it (i.e., you choose the scale, parts, materials, etc.)

#3 Scales & Tails
Craft a custom of any character/thing that has something to do with reptiles. They can actually be a reptile (or a hybrid) or just dress up like one. In addition to snakes, turtles, lizards, and alligators/crocodiles, prehistoric (dinosaurs) or fictional (dragons) reptiles would also be legal subject matter. King Hiss, Serpentor, TMNT, The Lizard, Killer Croc, Dewbacks, etc.

#4 Specific Character*
(*Actual contest name dependent on whomever is picked.)
A contest dedicated to a single character (if you vote for this option, then also post your top three picks for the character that you'd like to see as the focus). You can make any existing version of the selected character, or reinterpret them however you see fit with an original design. If there isn't a clear majority as far as who the focus should, then I'll choose one of them from the pool of nominees.

#5 Tooned Out
Make a realistic version of an animated cartoon character (hand-drawn or CG)--we want to see how you think they'd look if they existed in the real world. Note that the character has to be a toon to begin with, they can't be someone or something that's been adapted to cartoons (i.e., Hulk Hogan is already a real person, so you couldn't make him as an entry, even though he starred in the WWF cartoon back in the 80s.)

#6 Variant Strain
Create a new variant for any existing character. They can be serious (Desert Camouflage Punisher) or ridiculous (Bubble Bath Splash Lobo). While you can't just re-do something that's already been done by the toy industry, you can apply an existing variant design to a different character (i.e., you can't make Battle Armor He-Man or Skeletor, because those already exist, but you could make Battle Armor Stratos or Beastman instead.)
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:42 pm

#3 scales and tails is awesome as is the grab bag. Hmmm... After a second look :-k I may need more tume before coming to a final decision.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Cherry Bomb » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:52 pm

#1 Bloody Disgusting
Like - Us(Untouchable Customs)
Member,Founder and Photographer of Untouchable Customs!
Cherry Bomb
Regular Realmer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:31 pm

I love so many of these, but I think I want to go with #3.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby Darththomas » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm going with number 2 I like the idea of getting something out of my comfort zone
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:44 pm

After more thought I am going to have to go with #3 ! Due mostly to the time and expense of acquiring fodder for an unknown figure. Sorry to those who like #2.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Tim 121RVC » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:22 pm

#2 Custom Grab Bag
Tim 121RVC
Inductee Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments