Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby Shinigami » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Wanted to go with 3, but 5 should motivate me to finish a couple of figures.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Galactape » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:41 pm

I like #6.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby Patraw » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:09 am

Looks like we've got a tie between Custom Grab Bag and Scales & Tails. I like the two ideas about the same, so, instead of doing the usual tie-breaker, I've decided to just use both of them. So, the April 1st contest shall be Scales & Tails and the April 15th contest will be Custom Grab Bag (start thinking about characters you'd like to put into the bag of ideas.) Here are your six choices for the May 1st contest (only pick one please):

#1 Black & White
Oh no, Figure Realm's color dial is on the fritz! Make whatever you want, but your custom must be done up entirely in black, white, and shades of gray--no other hues are allowed.

#2 Copycats
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...it's also a good way to get sued for copyright infringement! Create a custom of anyone that's a knockoff/parody of another character. Deadpool (Deathstroke), Bizarro (Superman), Magog (Cable), etc. (If you choose this one, also post whether you want it to focus on ripoffs of a particular character or if you'd prefer it to be more general in nature.)

#3 Dynamic Duos
Two heads are better than one! Create a pair of customs representing any two-person team (heroes or villains). Sam & Twitch, Batman & Robin, Juggernaut & Black Tom Cassidy, Ren & Stimpy, Cloak & Dagger, Hawk & Dove, Power Man & Iron Fist, Milk & Cheese, Tomax & Xamot, The Wonder Twins, etc.

#4 Patriotic
Customize a character, real or fictional, that's a patriotic icon of a specific nation/country/people. Characters that wear their country's flag as a costume, important historical figures and leaders, national mascots, etc. Captain America, Union Jack, Mohandas Ghandi, Nelson Mandela, Uncle Sam, etc.

#5 Power of Grayskull
Any character/thing from Mattel's Masters of The Universe or She-ra franchises. The various toy lines, cartoons, live action movie, comics, etc. are all fair game as far as subject matter goes. You can also create an original MOTU character if you like.

#6 Subterranean
After a cataclysmic event, all life has been forced below the planet's surface. Show us what your favorite characters would be like if they had always lived deep underground. Maybe their bodies have mutated or they use special gear to get around in the dark, it's all up to you and your imagination.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Dagger » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:44 am

Black and White
Dagger
Avid Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:04 pm

Although I really should vote for power of greyskull, I'm gonna go with number 6
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Shinigami » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:29 pm

Patraw wrote:#1 Black & White
Oh no, Figure Realm's color dial is on the fritz! Make whatever you want, but your custom must be done up entirely in black, white, and shades of gray--no other hues are allowed.

Grodd, yes!
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:02 pm

Wow, many of these were variations of suggestions I made. Thanks Patraw but this does make it difficult. I posted that whole list for a Superman Knock off contest. LOL. I think I am going with #6! I could easily get carried away with that one! :D ;)
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:10 pm

darththomas81 wrote:Although I really should vote for power of greyskull, I'm gonna go with number 6

Why not a subterranean succubuc styled He-Man with a grisly beard? You are great at sculpting hair bro!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:56 pm

I am with darth, would like to vote 5, but 6 is just too good to pass up.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby Darththomas » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:15 am

RedRebelCustoms wrote:
darththomas81 wrote:Although I really should vote for power of greyskull, I'm gonna go with number 6

Why not a subterranean succubuc styled He-Man with a grisly beard? You are great at sculpting hair bro!

Haha, cheers dude, I'm thinking I may venture outside of the usual He-man / thundercat subject matter this time, the cogs are spinning :D
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Tim 121RVC » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:01 am

#5 Power of Grayskull
Tim 121RVC
Inductee Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:03 pm

Shinagami is a pal and he assured me that black and white would be fun so Ill take my chances and vote black and white
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby CAb00se » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:49 am

#3 Dynamic Duos...got a great idea for this one...
CAb00se
Regular Realmer

Postby supersizeme » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:22 am

I would like to vote for the Power of Grayskull. I know alot of people would be shocked that I picked that LOL. My last 4 out of 6 customs was from the He-man universe. But I want to up the ante. I want to donate a MOTU custom done by me to the winner. My very first contest I entered was the Rock and sock'em robots contest. Shinobitron donated a custom transformer to the winner. I happened to win and I was blown away. The experience left an indelible mark on me and is still a very fond memory. So now I would like to pay it forward. I want someone else to experience that joy. IF this contest is selected I just want everyone to know that I am not going to donate a half-@ss custom. It will be one made to the best of my ability and hopefully be displayed proudly by the winner. And of course I won't enter the contest. I love this site and the great people that make the Realm the cool site it is. This is my way of saying thanks.
supersizeme
Regulator

Postby Patraw » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:01 am

That's very kind of you to offer a custom figure prize for the Power of Grayskull contest if it's selected as the winning theme for this poll! I'll be sure to add your prize offer to the contest description/rules if Power of Grayskull wins.

I think you could still enter the contest if you wanted to, all I'd have to do is write that if you happened to win first place, your custom figure prize would go to the second place winner. That way, you could still participate without any fear of being awarded your own prize.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments