Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby thejado101 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:53 am

6# all the way
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby Patraw » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:14 am

Subterranean beats out Black & White by a single vote (4 > 3) and shall be the May 1st contest; thank you to everyone who took the time to voice your preference!

Here are your six choices for the May 15th contest (only pick one please):

#1 Ancient Sapling
Take any character and make them either as a child or as an old man/woman. Your young or elderly version of the person can be based on existing source material or just be something that you made up (i.e, you could make Peter Parker as he appears in Spider-Man: Reign, or just invent your own version of him as an old geezer.)

#2 Animal House
Show us what your favorite characters would look like if they were somehow transformed into animals or animal hybrids. Make Batman a literal bat, turn Robocop into Robochimp, change Quicksilver into a cheetah, etc. Characters that are already animals or animal hybrids aren't allowed (no Mickey Mouse, Bebop/Rocksteady, Howard The Duck, Krypto The Superdog, etc.)

#3 Full-Size Accessory
Ever have a toy accessory so cool you wish you had one of your own? The idea here is to scale-up a toy weapon, or some other piece of action figure gear, to human-sized proportions so that you can use it. Batarangs, lightsabers, lantern corps rings, PKE meters, etc. You can either fabricate the item from scratch or modify a real world object/replica to look the part.

#4 Make Mine Marvel
Odd as it may seem, considering how frequently they're the subjects of customization, I don't believe that there has ever been a Marvel Comics themed contest at Figure Realm. Well, here's an opportunity to rectify that. Any incarnation of any Marvel Comics character. No licensed stuff like Star Wars, Robocop, Conan, G.I.JOE, Transformers, etc., or crossovers with other companies, including amalgams.

#5 Pull My Strings
Create a custom of any character/thing that's an actual puppet, was "played" by a puppet in movies/television, or had a puppet-style toy. All types of puppets are fair game (hand, finger, sock, stick, marionette, shadow, etc.) You do not have to make your custom as an actual puppet (but you can if you want to), action figure versions are fine. Things like Boglins, Sectaur mounts, Muppets, Fraggles, Sesame Street, Pinocchio, DC's Toyman or Scarface, Star Wars' Yoda or Salicious Crumb, WWF thumb wrestlers, etc.

#6 Seven Deadly Sins
Gluttony, Envy, Wrath, Sloth, Lust, Greed, and Pride. You can create your own original interpretation of one of the seven deadly sins, or, you can make a custom of an existing character that you feel is the perfect representation of one of them (Uncle Scrooge McDuck as Greed, Marvel's Blob as Gluttony, Jabba The Hutt as pretty much all seven, etc.)
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Shinigami » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:36 am

Life sized accessory is awesome, I'd like to see this in action, but my vote goes to the puppets, cause I'd participate in that one.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:17 pm

I really like the 7 deadly sins, but will go with make mine marvel.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:24 pm

I'm with CFC on both options as well as animal house. Make Mine Marvel!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Wolverhulk ISS » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Make Mine Marvel!
Wolverhulk ISS
Casual Realmer

Postby thejado101 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:21 pm

1 sounds pretty cool. Im going with that.
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby supersizeme » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Make Mine Marvel is my pick, that way there are a wide array of very cool characters so maybe there will be lots of entries .
supersizeme
Regulator

Postby Jarred_706 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:12 pm

I'd have to say Animal House.
Jarred_706
Regular Realmer

Postby shapp » Wed May 02, 2012 6:39 pm

I think the sapling one is a crazy cool idea
the life size accessory would be amazing (something different) but I'm not sure about the participation it would get

my vote would have to go to the puppet one, I just picture a full set of the muppets as like barbarians or vikings lol
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Tim 121RVC » Thu May 03, 2012 3:24 am

#1 Ancient Sapling
Tim 121RVC
Inductee Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:54 pm

You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby BDCdiesel » Thu May 10, 2012 10:11 pm

I vote for #1 as well
BDCdiesel
Regular Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri May 11, 2012 8:19 am

Well, we've got a tie between Make Mine Marvel and Ancient Sapling at four votes each. To break that tie, I've decided to go with Make Mine Marvel, seeing as how there hasn't been a Marvel Universe themed contest here before and that's arguably the most popular subject matter for customizers at Figure Realm, so it's long overdue.

With Dioramas II going before the voters soon, it's time to resurrect another old Figure Realm contest for another go around (only pick one please):

#1 Barbarians II
Who needs civilization when you can run around in fur panties screaming your lungs out and swinging a giant battle axe? For this challenge, make a custom of any existing barbarian-type character or invent your own primitive savage. Stuff like Conan, Tarzan, Kull the Conqueror, Red Sonja, Warlord, Ka-Zar, Thundarr, Dave The Barbarian, etc.

#2 Battle Damage II
Time to take your favorite characters and beat them to within an inch of their plastic lives! Cuts, burns, broken bones, missing limbs, and torn/shredded costumes are just a handful of the many unpleasant things that you can choose to inflict on your unfortunate toys in this competition!

#3 Green Lanterns II
I thought it best to expand on the scope of this one a bit, compared to the original version, in light of the events of the Blackest Night/Brightest Day storylines. For this challenge you can (1) make any member of any of DC's Lantern Corps, (2) convert any non-DC character into a member of any Lantern Corps (i.e., Red Lantern Megatron), or (3) just invent your own original Lantern Corps member.

#4 Rock ‘em Sock ‘em Robots! II
You can make an existing robot or cyborg character for this challenge or just invent your own. Transformers, GoBots, Robocop, Ultron, Metallo, Megaman, Terminators, etc. The characters have to be at least partly mechanical, a normal guy/gal wearing a suit of robotic armor doesn't count.

#5 Sidekicks II
When things get hairy, it's good to have somebody that you can trust watching your back. These support characters can be full-fledged partners, close friends, rookie apprentices, groupies, or even a trained pet. Robin, Bucky, Laserbeak, Wily Kit/Kat, Fallout Boy, Short Round, Timber, Jedi Padawans, etc.

#6 Star Wars II
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, the Rebel Alliance of Customizers were engaged in an epic struggle to overcome the Imperial Empire of Toy Scalpers...or something. For this challenge, anything from the Star Wars movies, cartoons, toy lines, comic books, video games, novels, etc. is fair game, including expanded universe stuff.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Fri May 11, 2012 1:55 pm

I really like the #2, but would rather go with #4 rock em sock em.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments