Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby HeartBreakKid » Fri May 11, 2012 2:46 pm

awww I prefered ancient saplings wish I could late vote :( make mine marvel I haaaate for more reason than I care to name :lol:

now to vote on this one...I dont really like...any of them EXCEPT #5 THATS MY VOTE 5
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby therapist » Fri May 11, 2012 2:51 pm

I vote for #5 sidekicks. I actually have a lot of ideas for that one that seem fun
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Fri May 11, 2012 2:59 pm

Therapist wrote:I vote for #5 sidekicks. I actually have a lot of ideas for that one that seem fun

Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Shinigami » Sat May 12, 2012 2:03 pm

Sidekicks.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby shapp » Sat May 12, 2012 11:09 pm

Im going with star wars IF it can be amended to make them at least 6 inch scale. Our world be awesome to see a chewy made from a sasquatch or something :D
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Sat May 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Shinigami wrote:Sidekicks.

HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Patraw » Mon May 14, 2012 8:23 am

shapp: The original version of the Star Wars contest did have restrictions on scale (a prohibition on the 3-3/4" standard if I remember correctly), but I feel that, in general, the contests are more accessible to customizers of all stripes and skill levels if there aren't limitations on figure dimensions or base bodies. If Star Wars II does end up winning the poll, you'd certainly be allowed to customize figures in the six-inch scale if that was the approach you wished to take.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Jarred_706 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Barbarians...and if not theyat will cleave your skull...just saying...

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing. (The Tower of the Elephant)
Jarred_706
Regular Realmer

Postby supersizeme » Sun May 20, 2012 11:25 am

I would like to vote for the Sidekicks, sounds like a promising contest subject.
supersizeme
Regulator

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sun May 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Man, these contests are so cool. So hard to decide. I want to say Star Wars or Barbarians but.. SIDEKICKS. It just covers so many areas and they never get enough attention with the exception of Robin,/Nightwing, Bucky, Chewbaca, Barney Rubble, Mini-Me, hmm... Maybe they did, here's the lists seeing as SIDEKICKS is winning this one.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ ... _sidekicks
http://www.guidespot.com/guides/famous_ ... ties_funny
http://www.listafterlist.com/tabid/57/l ... kicks.aspx
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Tue May 29, 2012 8:40 am

All-righty-then, Sidekicks II it is--thanks to everybody who took the time to vote/comment! Here are your choices for the June 15th contest (only pick one please):

#1 Action Features
You can make anything you want for this challenge, but the character, or one of its accessories, has to incorporate some kind of action feature (in other words, it has to do something "special" above and beyond normal articulation.) Spring-loaded projectiles, electronic lights/sounds, color-changing or glow-in-the-dark paint, suction cups or magnets that allow it to cling to vertical surfaces, squirting water, etc. Just about any type of action feature that you've ever seen on a commercially produced toy would be fair game.

#2 Company-Centric
For this challenge, you can only create customs of figures made by a specific toy company (you'll be allowed to use any base bodies or parts that you want though, they don't have to come from that company.) If you pick this option, then please also post which company you'd like to see as the focus (DC Direct, Hasbro, Mattel, McFarlane Toys, Playmates, NECA, etc.) For example, if Hasbro was selected, you could make any of their characters from the G.I.JOE, Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel Comics, etc. toy lines. You may also nominate a company that is no longer in business (Kenner, Palisades, Resaurus, etc.)

#3 Mercenaries
For some heroes(?) and villains, the only thing that can motivate them is cold, hard cash. Any character that sells their services to the highest bidder is fair game for this challenge: bounty hunters, hired guns, assassins, etc. Characters like Boba/Jango Fett, Deathstroke the Terminator, Major Bludd, Agent 47, Heroes For Hire, Taskmaster, etc.

#4 Spellbound
Make a custom of any character that employs magic for this contest (witches, sorcerers, conjurers, etc.); it doesn't matter if they're a master wizard or just an amateur doing card tricks. Zatanna, Harry Potter, Dr. Strange, Gandalf, Wicked Witch of The West, etc.

#5 Swimsuit Special
Summer is almost here, so pretend your favorite characters are on vacation at the pool or beach and deck them out in bikinis, swimming trunks, etc. You can go for sexy or hilarious/frightening (Marvel's Kingpin or Blob in a speedo.)

#6 TV Land
Make any person/character from a television show, past or present: Friends, Glee, Jeopardy, Law & Order, Married With Children, Murder She Wrote, The Twilight Zone, etc. No cartoons/animation, just actual actors/actresses (I might allow puppets though.) If the character has appeared in both movies and television, that's okay, but you have to make the TV version--in other words, you could make an Adam West Batman, but not a Christian Bale Batman.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Tue May 29, 2012 3:32 pm

this one has me the most divided yet, but I will go with tv land.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby Jarred_706 » Tue May 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Swimsuit Edition, I mean who doesn't want to see Kingpin in a Speedo?
Jarred_706
Regular Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Tue May 29, 2012 8:53 pm

Blob in a speedo sealed it for me! I vote swimsuit edition!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby thejado101 » Wed May 30, 2012 12:21 am

6# tv land!
thejado101
Avid Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments