Figure Realm 2012 Secret Santa sign-ups (REVISED)

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Figure Realm 2012 Secret Santa sign-ups (REVISED)

Postby HeartBreakKid » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Top notch marquee figure artist have been contacted to be commissioned into next years event does the name Jin Satome mean anything to y'all
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby supersizeme » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

I am really sorry that it took me so long to post the custom I received. I want to thank form the bottom of my heart to whoever made this custom, I believe it came from Spain.
It is an awesome custom and displays a great deal of work. Thanks again and Merry Christmas.
I also want to apologize for adding to the confusion. I had issues with my custom I made for the contest and because of that I let it sour my whole experience in the SS custom exchange. I admit that I have personal issues with my level of work and I did not delivery on the custom that my guy wanted because it was out of the realm of my abilities. I tried on two separate customs over a span of 6 months but it both ended in disaster. Movie and Tv accurate customs are just beyond the scope of my style and ability. Instead I made my version of the custom but I feel awful for not delivering on what was asked of me. I just wanted to explain why my involvement was lackluster to say the least. But never did I intend my short comings to add chaos to this situation. I think for whatever that was said we all just want everyone involved to have a good experience. Please let's work together to see this thing all the way through.
supersizeme
Regulator

Postby BDCdiesel » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

supersizeme wrote:I am really sorry that it took me so long to post the custom I received. I want to thank form the bottom of my heart to whoever made this custom, I believe it came from Spain.
It is an awesome custom and displays a great deal of work. Thanks again and Merry Christmas.
I also want to apologize for adding to the confusion. I had issues with my custom I made for the contest and because of that I let it sour my whole experience in the SS custom exchange. I admit that I have personal issues with my level of work and I did not delivery on the custom that my guy wanted because it was out of the realm of my abilities. I tried on two separate customs over a span of 6 months but it both ended in disaster. Movie and Tv accurate customs are just beyond the scope of my style and ability. Instead I made my version of the custom but I feel awful for not delivering on what was asked of me. I just wanted to explain why my involvement was lackluster to say the least. But never did I intend my short comings to add chaos to this situation. I think for whatever that was said we all just want everyone involved to have a good experience. Please let's work together to see this thing all the way through.

I find It hard to believe that anything could be outside the "realm of (your) abilities". I'll assume you are like me, and no matter how much you work on a custom, you'll always feel there was more you could have done. On a side note, if you are referring to your Snake Armor He-man, you are nuts. I don't even customize MOTU figs, but if another contest came up, I would totally do it and try my damndest to win, just to own another masterpiece like it. I would murder at least 3 boxcar hobos for one of your customs.

As far as chaos goes, I don't think anybody could fully understand all the planning and coordinating that goes into such an event, unless they have done it. It makes my head hurt imagining doing this with 5 people, let alone 20. Anyhow, just an outsiders perspective.

Can't wait to see the rest of the reveals!
Last edited by BDCdiesel on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
BDCdiesel
Regular Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:40 am

Lets keep things constructive guys thank you well I have a better fix on things .Im human messed up a bit and now moving forward ! I will not tolerate attacks on myself or others I feel there has been too much drama to this event from start to end and I do not want it next year as said I care about the event and have been doing the best I can handling this.

No BDC you're not to blame I am even if I've not been one in every bit of drama circulating I am responsible for the dealings and it's my responsibility .
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby G Brand » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Cool Deathstroke. :mrgreen:
G Brand
Avid Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Yipee ,under control once more I figured out the what's what of this swap here and resolving things will come soon after! SO DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY AND SMILE!
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby NeCrollector » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:31 am

That's one sweet custom of Deathstroke, super!
I love that it's from one of our Spanish Realmers!
LUCKYYYY! :D
NeCrollector
Casual Realmer

Postby argenta-2008 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:18 am

Nice to see my Deathstroke arrived safe and sound (sorry to send it so early! - it was send in summer), but anyway, I suppose the important thing is that it arrived ok. I received myself a Mysterio custom, sorry to not post pics but I am currently out of home and I have been only able to see it through a webcam. I promise good pics when I have the figure in my hands. For what I was able to see the figure looks awesome, I can't wait to have it in hands (and very nice base extra!)

Merry christmas and happy new year to all!
argenta-2008
Avid Realmer

Postby Toxin Venom » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:10 pm

I still haven't received my Secret Santa custom and the custom I sent out, no one has verified they received and it hasn't gotten sent back to me. Apparently what happened was, my recipient had a change of address, and because I did not check the new revised Secret Santa sign up list, I wasn't notified. (I really don't go on boards or blogs or chat, I just post customs) I'm not trying to be negative, but I spent a lot of time on that custom and kind of feel like it was a waste of time, due to this I probably won't participate next year. Still love figure realm and you guys, but this isn't what I expected the ending being like after pouring so much time and effort into the project.

TV
My Custom Figure Website - www.comiccustoms.com
Toxin Venom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby argenta-2008 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:47 pm

As a suggestion, for next year's, every user should only say their address at a convenient time (say 15th November or so) when absolutely sure they will be able to receive it there (in my case, I was unsure of the address till the last moment). That way you would only tell your address once, and prevent a lot of confusion. Participants who are 100 % sure they will not change can give it before if desired.
argenta-2008
Avid Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:55 pm

Im not looking for suggestions on how to run it next year,this was my first time at it and I actually think aside from a few whiners (which there will always be)it went well(And no Toxy I ain't talking about people like you who are upset)...the people who received seemed to like it ...Im sorry Im joking Im joking. It really difficult to navigate it when people won't reply back to you argenta .Okee doke Toxic Venom nobody is forcing you to return so should I still leave your name on the custom comp list from your helpful mods?
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:36 pm

These are the same issues we have on the other site for secret santa's. this was the 2nd year and it went smoother but they've now made it a rule that if you take the gift and run or don't send or respond to the guy in charge you get banned which seems to work for the most part.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Toxin Venom » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:57 pm

Yamivash, I don't understand your question, please rephrase....
My Custom Figure Website - www.comiccustoms.com
Toxin Venom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby therapist » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:20 pm

sephiroth wrote:These are the same issues we have on the other site for secret santa's. this was the 2nd year and it went smoother but they've now made it a rule that if you take the gift and run or don't send or respond to the guy in charge you get banned which seems to work for the most part.

I like that rule :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also Yami you know you can count me in again next year
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:21 pm

Toxin Venom wrote:Yamivash, I don't understand your question, please rephrase....

The moderators are taking a list to create a custom off the list of the people who missed out You're currently on it would you like to remain on this mailing list or not?

sephiroth wrote:These are the same issues we have on the other site for secret santa's. this was the 2nd year and it went smoother but they've now made it a rule that if you take the gift and run or don't send or respond to the guy in charge you get banned which seems to work for the most part.

Rather its the first second or 1000th people will be unsatisfied Its just the way of people so right now I'm kind of giving priority to the non whiners lol.
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments