Starwars gone wrong

Hear a good joke or find some interesting news you want to share with your fellow posters, but it's not action figure related? Share it here.

Moderator: Regulators

Starwars gone wrong

Postby Wesr » Fri May 07, 2010 1:52 pm

I've been a fan for a long time and I used to get the novels and tech manuals in the 90s and i'm annoyed to see that Lucas has totally thrown everything that his company okay'd before in regards to what was in the movies. A case in point is Vader's gear. In one tech manual is showed and said that his life support went through alot of changes before he ended up in the full bodysuit and i'm pretty sure it said that vader himself designed some of it but Lucas tossed it all out and had him go straight into thefull suit. Anyone else notice that it seems lucas has totally rewritten his own universe?
User avatar
Wesr
Realminator
 
Posts: 6001
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am
Location: girlfriend's sock drawer

Re: Starwars gone wrong

Postby Darththomas » Fri May 07, 2010 3:08 pm

If it will make money, Lucas will do it and to heck with continuity.
Image
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
User avatar
Darththomas
Regulator
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:16 pm
Location: Manchester, England

Re: Starwars gone wrong

Postby CplHicks » Fri May 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Don't get me started! :doubt:
Worth killing for
Worth dying for
Worth going to hell for

My trade thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5060&p=27041#p27041
User avatar
CplHicks
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Starwars gone wrong

Postby therapist » Fri May 07, 2010 5:58 pm

As there is a coin to get Lucas will squeeze it outta you.

If it makes it any better (and I know it doesn't). A few years back Lucas said all books and novels are non cannon :doubt:
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2455
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Starwars gone wrong

Postby marvelselect » Sat May 08, 2010 7:16 am

Just when I though Star Wars could not get more messed up!So now all of the great novels are not in continuity but the horrable new clone wars series is?! :-s :x
Jesus saves! Seriously, you need to know this.
User avatar
marvelselect
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Starwars gone wrong

Postby CplHicks » Sat May 08, 2010 8:55 am

Gorge lucas can suck my lightsaber!!! :x

I loved those novels. They were more cannon with the OT than the darn prequeal were!
Worth killing for
Worth dying for
Worth going to hell for

My trade thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5060&p=27041#p27041
User avatar
CplHicks
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Starwars gone wrong

Postby Wesr » Sat May 08, 2010 9:28 pm

That's why he said they aren't canon, he didn't want to actually read his own old story notes since half the tech manual stuff was probably from his notes. I think he made up the prequels as he went and said "okay...that sorta makes sense but they'll like it since i tell them too." i think he figures most SW fans are morons. I think Spielburg is the only thing thta saved indiana jones.
User avatar
Wesr
Realminator
 
Posts: 6001
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am
Location: girlfriend's sock drawer

Re: Starwars gone wrong

Postby therapist » Sat May 08, 2010 9:30 pm

sephiroth wrote:That's why he said they aren't canon, he didn't want to actually read his own old story notes since half the tech manual stuff was probably from his notes. I think he made up the prequels as he went and said "okay...that sorta makes sense but they'll like it since i tell them too." i think he figures most SW fans are morons. I think Spielburg is the only thing thta saved indiana jones.

someone didnt see temple of the crystal skull :lol: :roll:
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2455
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Starwars gone wrong

Postby marvelselect » Sun May 09, 2010 7:35 am

Therapist wrote:
sephiroth wrote:That's why he said they aren't canon, he didn't want to actually read his own old story notes since half the tech manual stuff was probably from his notes. I think he made up the prequels as he went and said "okay...that sorta makes sense but they'll like it since i tell them too." i think he figures most SW fans are morons. I think Spielburg is the only thing thta saved indiana jones.

someone didnt see temple of the crystal skull :lol: :roll:

Don't even get me started on that one.
Jesus saves! Seriously, you need to know this.
User avatar
marvelselect
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Starwars gone wrong

Postby CplHicks » Sun May 09, 2010 8:17 am

I liked KOTKS.

No where near as good as the other 3 but it was still pretty entertaing.

*hides*
Worth killing for
Worth dying for
Worth going to hell for

My trade thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5060&p=27041#p27041
User avatar
CplHicks
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Starwars gone wrong

Postby G1-Toys » Sun May 09, 2010 11:06 am

This thread made me think of a vid I watched not to long ago
It's a seven part review of the phantom menace.
There is some swearing so watch at your own discretion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQg ... r_embedded
User avatar
G1-Toys
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:47 am

Re: Starwars gone wrong

Postby marvelselect » Sun May 09, 2010 11:48 am

C.P. Customs wrote:This thread made me think of a vid I watched not to long ago
It's a seven part review of the phantom menace.
There is some swearing so watch at your own discretion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQg ... r_embedded

To be real honest i do not think the prequels are that bad. I think Episode 3 was amazing. And I don't think Episode 1 was that bad ether. I really don't see continuity issues with them. Now what I really don't like is the new clone wars series. That has all sorts of problems. :x
Jesus saves! Seriously, you need to know this.
User avatar
marvelselect
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Starwars gone wrong

Postby therapist » Tue May 11, 2010 2:27 pm

http://www.comicvine.com/news/do-you-wa ... rs/141114/
[-( They have gone to far... But I do want a yoda Cookie
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2455
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Starwars gone wrong

Postby Wesr » Wed May 12, 2010 11:43 pm

you know i swear lucas watched the part of Spaceballs where Yogurt was showing off the goofy merchandising stuff (I think gene simmons was in the case of kiss toilet paper) and got the 2 universes confused. spaceballs=funny, starwars=sad and pimped out.
User avatar
Wesr
Realminator
 
Posts: 6001
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am
Location: girlfriend's sock drawer


Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest