WTF

Hear a good joke or find some interesting news you want to share with your fellow posters, but it's not action figure related? Share it here.

Moderator: Regulators

WTF

Postby necronaut » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:48 pm

so i read in the news about the new mosque being put up near the site of the world trade center incident and honestly that's just stupid, i mean i'm sure some of you guys have heard but what really gets me is the name of it, the name is Cordoba house which is the name of the mosque that was erected when the Muslims conquered Spain, i think it's disgusting how politically correct everybody is to lest this thing happen
В смерти мы встретимся снова
necronaut
Fanatic Realmer

Re: WTF

Postby Wesr » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:19 am

Doesn't help the mayor of NYC and governor of NY doesn't have a set between them to tell these guys to go take a hike, on top of that they want to tear the building down and make a new one despite it being several hundred years old. I guarantee they build it someone's gonna blow it up or burn it down, half of NYC is showing up at the council meetings and raising hell.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby G1-Toys » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:54 am

I really don't see what the big problem is with this.
The center is being built 2 blocks away from the ground zero site and from the sounds of it will offer many amenities to the surrounding community.
Why not use this as an opportunity to build some much needed relationships and understanding?
G1-Toys
Regular Realmer

Postby necronaut » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:52 am

studying history it's like adding insult to injury, I don't have a problem with a mosque in new york city because there are tons of them there, but it's the name that bothers most people, because cordoba was one of the major mosques in the world that was destroyed in 1236 and in speculation the opening date for the new one will be you guessed it 9/11/2011 tenth year anniversary i'm not anti muslim or bashing islam but that's a little extreme, i mean catholics don't put up a church called the inquisition
В смерти мы встретимся снова
necronaut
Fanatic Realmer

Postby G1-Toys » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:02 am

Actually the name was changed to Park51 in light of the negative association with the original Cordoba mosque,
G1-Toys
Regular Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:15 am

Just to clarify... It wasn't "the Muslims" who perpetrated the attack on 9/11 anyway. It was a small faction of radical extremists. Most American Muslims are ashamed of what those radicals did in the name of Mohammed. I see no problem with them putting in a mosque so close to the ground zero site. It's not like they're building -on- ground zero, after all...
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby The Real Question » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:15 pm

Punstarr wrote:Just to clarify... It wasn't "the Muslims" who perpetrated the attack on 9/11 anyway. It was a small faction of radical extremists. Most American Muslims are ashamed of what those radicals did in the name of Mohammed. I see no problem with them putting in a mosque so close to the ground zero site. It's not like they're building -on- ground zero, after all...

just to clarify not just American Muslims are ashamed praticly all Muslims are.
The Real Question
Elite Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:20 pm

Very true.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:12 pm

Still they shouldn't be allowed to tear down a perfectly good historical building for this. Especially considering they probably have 30 other places to worship in the city. If any other religion wanted to do that they'd be hung out to dry in an instant.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby leafman343 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:03 pm

What is historical about the building? the fact that it has been around for quite a while? My house is over a hundred years old (101 to be exact) but no one in my city would give two craps if it was torn down. The building has to have had a historic event take place within it or be a major land mark to be a historical building.

Besides if it was a christian extremist group that commited the attacks on 9/11, would you be angry if someone want to build a church there?
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby A Common Enemy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:02 pm

leafman343 wrote:What is historical about the building? the fact that it has been around for quite a while? My house is over a hundred years old (101 to be exact) but no one in my city would give two craps if it was torn down. The building has to have had a historic event take place within it or be a major land mark to be a historical building.

Besides if it was a christian extremist group that commited the attacks on 9/11, would you be angry if someone want to build a church there?

I like your thinking.

Despite my personnal beliefs on 9/11 (I'd rather not share them, as I have gotten negative remarks for my beliefs on it), I really don't see the problem.

But hey, too each his own huh?

"Feds come in pairs. Like buttcheeks."-Frank Castle
A Common Enemy
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Yeah i gotta keep my mouth shut too lol.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby marvelselect » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:11 am

the thing I don't like about it is that apparently when they build that kind of temple it signifies that they have conquered the land it is built on. If that is true, than I want to know how this was even allowed to be built. It is an insult to injury.
Jesus saves! Seriously, you need to know this.
marvelselect
Regular Realmer

Postby Wesr » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:26 am

where's the mob when you need them? All the supporters for this sort of thing would have been gone missing by now in the good old days.
Wesr
Realminator

Return to Off Topic