Smoking ? to enjoy or quit ???

Hear a good joke or find some interesting news you want to share with your fellow posters, but it's not action figure related? Share it here.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Smoking ? to enjoy or quit ???

Postby Leviathan » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:34 am

I used to smoke like a chimney for years even around my daughter when she was little, then she eventually developed asthma. I know a great many things can cause asthma but I am certain that contributed. It is indeed a fact that second hand smoke is dangerous for those around you. However I was in denial for a while and kept smoking but I noticed my daughter would have an asthma attack frequently but once I made the decision to stop smoking for myself and her, believe it or not her attacks have not been as frequent since, I also have a niece who now has a permanent lung issue because her mom smoked like a chimney in the house all the darn time, and it is a condition that she bow has to take medication for for the rest of her life and she is only 15. Only fifteen and her lungs are already damaged, yet she herself has never smoked. Now with that being said no one can make you quit you have to want to quit yourself. If you do continue to smoke I recommend not smoking around those it bothers. Ever since I stopped smoking about four years ago I have noticed how horrible it really smells, I can smell a smoker a mile away, it is in their hair, their clothes and on their body. It is a wretched smell!
"It's Crime Fighting Time."
Leviathan
Casual Realmer

Postby zombieforhire » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:11 am

MenByMckenn wrote:
zombieforhire wrote:Hey there guys thanks very much for your advise,,,,a few people on here know but i thought i would share ,
I did try and stop smoking...then my lung collapsed!!! seriously stopped for 2 days and my right lung collapsed when i was on my way to work , this should also be in the i`m in pain thread but let me tell you it freaking hurt !i`ve got tattoos on my "bikini area" but this was just awful , they had to put a drain in without any drugs again it freaking hurt REAL BAD , was fine then it collapsed again and ended up having a small operation to fix me up , i totally knew zombies were fixable . But I am now proud to say I`m still a smoker i`m never gonna try and quit again , who knows what`ll happen next time i do ! but thanks again for the advise .

Dude! I swear to GOD the exact same happened to me about 5 yrs. ago. I quit for approx. 2 yrs. then went back to it. Chest tubes ARE NOT COOL try if you can to imagine yourself being impaled. The only real difference in our stories is I wasn't on my way to work, I was actually in my local comic book shop-and drove myself to the hospital. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Dude I Feel your pain , its like the worst pain i can describe , you feel EVERYTHING they are doing to you , not cool at all .
Kinda glad someone else knows the pain so everyone knows im not faking how sore it was lol
hope your doin well now . really hope you never go through it again [-o<
zombieforhire
Avid Realmer

Postby zombieforhire » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:39 am

Was having a fat day lol
It doesnt look much but it HURT...ALOT
zombieforhire
Avid Realmer

Postby MenByMckenn » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Just lookin' at your pic makes me cringe- cuase I DO know what that feels like. Man, I really gotta quit.
"Here comes the beating of your life!"
MenByMckenn
Regular Realmer

Postby Wesr » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:13 pm

That nipple ring looks more painful that the tube :lol: I wish they'd change the color of the disinfectant they wipe on you, i mean does it really have to be red? Why not a nice blue or something.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby loosecollector » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:04 am

My dad... he died because of it.
Just 60 years old with a lot of time left if he quit earlier.
Just one stroke rendered him bed-ridden for a year and went to Heaven the next.
loosecollector
Elite Realmer

Postby 10over6 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:07 pm

Same for my pops. Had our Family Christmas on the 8th of January and he passed the morning of the 9th. I smoke a ton of weed but have never smoked a cigarette, and proud to say. I don't knock people that smoke I just think it is unhealthy.
10over6
Casual Realmer

Previous

Return to Off Topic