Custom Hero Cross-Stitch Marvel and DC

Hear a good joke or find some interesting news you want to share with your fellow posters, but it's not action figure related? Share it here.

Moderator: Regulators

Custom Hero Cross-Stitch Marvel and DC

Postby saber4734 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Yeah I cross-stitch. And anyone who thinks a 31yr old guy who dabbles in needle and thread is gay well come say it to my face and i'll leave an imprint of my GL ring in your forehead when I punch ya. LOL j/k

Anyway, I was able to take a hobby that is usually considered girly and give it a manly touch. Tell me what ya think.

saber4734
Inductee Realmer

Re: Custom Hero Cross-Stitch Marvel and DC

Postby bobtheodd » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Nice stuff, I like that Wolvie one.
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby therapist » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:02 pm

saber4734 wrote:Yeah I cross-stitch. And anyone who thinks a 31yr old guy who dabbles in needle and thread is gay well come say it to my face

Okay where can I find you :| I have no problem with guys who stitch. Thats awesome if ya ask me but I just find the internet tough guy who is afraid of what people think that he prefaces his thread funny. Also the Daredevil one is freaking awesome. I love daredevil. Id love to see what you pull off freestyle that arent copies of other poses. Your very creative so I say let it run full force! Maie an entire team pic. Especially JSA! Go for it bro [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif]
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby saber4734 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Thank you. Wolverine did come out quite well.

bobtheodd wrote:Nice stuff, I like that Wolvie one.
saber4734
Inductee Realmer

Postby saber4734 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:22 pm

Thank you for your comment. These large pieces are actually all from artwork found on the net. Granted I did redo Daredevil's cable he is swinging from so that it wasn't all over him like the original. Now that being said they are found on the net but the patterns are original. I DID NOT use a program to make them. I used Microsoft Paint and made the patterns myself. As for your comment about doing more and maybe a group piece. Not likely to happen. These big patterns take a long time and it usually takes something inspiring me to do these. Green Lantern was the recent one I did and it was the movie that inspired me. Same goes for Daredevil. Captain America was done when they killed him off the last time. anyway, i've babbled enough. Feel free to go take a look at my custom Lanterns on FR.

Therapist wrote:
saber4734 wrote:Yeah I cross-stitch. And anyone who thinks a 31yr old guy who dabbles in needle and thread is gay well come say it to my face

Okay where can I find you :| I have no problem with guys who stitch. Thats awesome if ya ask me but I just find the internet tough guy who is afraid of what people think that he prefaces his thread funny. Also the Daredevil one is freaking awesome. I love daredevil. Id love to see what you pull off freestyle that arent copies of other poses. Your very creative so I say let it run full force! Maie an entire team pic. Especially JSA! Go for it bro [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif]
saber4734
Inductee Realmer

Postby shapp » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:36 pm

Dude those are amazing! Would you consider making patterns for people?
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:57 am

Those are fantastic!!! =D> I love the green lantern one! :D
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby catrina_mack » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:19 pm

Wow I actually love these they are great :) might I ask what you used as a pattern/guide. I would love to take a crack at one of these for my boyfriend :)
catrina_mack
Newbie Realmer

Return to Off Topic