My Transformer collection 2005-2012 RIP

Hear a good joke or find some interesting news you want to share with your fellow posters, but it's not action figure related? Share it here.

Moderator: Regulators

My Transformer collection 2005-2012 RIP

Postby Wesr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:43 pm

Kinda scary that i've reached a state where I liquidated my transformer collection. Sold some to a friend on here and the rest (3 very large boxes) are heading to my buddy's house to be sold on ebay. I'm even getting rid of some model kits i never built. I've decided to devote myself almost totally to collecting games and game systems. The profits from these will help me get some supplies and upgrade a kickstarter i did for Wasteland 2.
Wesr
Realminator

Re: My Transformer collection 2005-2012 RIP

Postby poison_shadow » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:16 am

Was it tough to make the decision to get rid of everything? I've found that I'm quite attached to the various things I collect, to the point where I can look at anything on display and remember exactly where it came from, was it a gift, what time of the year it was, etc.

I have a tough time getting rid of anything that was a gift, though I've begun to sell off certain things here and there. After a certain point the monetary value begins to outmatch the sentimental value, y'know?
poison_shadow
Newbie Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:58 pm

I was sure I'd already posted this but seems I didn't anyhoo.....i feel your pain mate, you may remember a while back i lamented the death of my starwars collection. I moved on and I've probably built up a new collection of random stuff that's just as big ad that collection was. Anyway, it had probably given you plenty more room for more nudey or semi nudey female figures :D
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Actually i'm nearly out the figure game totally. Once i get them shipped to my buddy the cash is going to my retro gaming collection. It wasn't as hard to do as i thought it was going to be. I sold off a bunch more on here a few times. I just don't have the room to display them right.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby mentos888 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:58 pm

kind of ironic. i liked collecting video games for awhile but just got interested in collecting action figures again haha.
mentos888
Inductee Realmer

Return to Off Topic