Welcome To FigureRealm

Hear a good joke or find some interesting news you want to share with your fellow posters, but it's not action figure related? Share it here.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Welcome To FigureRealm

Postby Mr.? » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:55 pm

hello there! i've been a member of the site for a while now but i thought it was about time to get into the forums too, so here i am :D

(i should probably look for and avatar now)
Mr.?
Newbie Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Welcome to the forums ?, hmmm? Now maybe the riddler or the question for an avatar, or maybe something entirely unrelated, like my screen name and avatar. :D
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby sanmiguel » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:17 pm

hello in there!!! been lurking in the forum...time to introduce myself.....pls do take a look at some of my customz as well :D :D :D
sanmiguel
Inductee Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:45 pm

sanmiguel wrote:hello in there!!! been lurking in the forum...time to introduce myself.....pls do take a look at some of my customz as well :D :D :D

'Sup dude, just had a glance at your customs, nice work i think sabes is my fave :D
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby nohandluke » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:06 am

Hi. Glad to be here!

I've been a toy collector since I was a kid in the 1980s. I'm 34. My first love was Star Wars, then Voltron and then G.I. Joe, with a smattering of other stuff in the mix (Gobots, Silverhawks, Real Ghostbusters, etc)

I work as a video and multimedia producer in the real world, and in my spare time I also run a web channel and Facebook portal devoted to toys and socializing with other retro-toy collectors.

I'm currently trying to collect some odds and ends in M.A.S.K., a few figures/toys from Wheeled Warriors, a piece here and there in Kenner's Raiders of the Lost Ark line, and I also need a front cannon for a Buck Rogers starfighter! HAHA! Eventually I plan to move on to RoboForce.
I make videos about vintage toys! Have some laughs at Retroblasting!
nohandluke
Newbie Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:41 pm

I'd love all the stuff you mentioned and you're in good company here bud, there's a fair few 80s kids round here as well as a healthy smattering of other decades....... welcome :D
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby sanmiguel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:44 am

EDarthT wrote:I'd love all the stuff you mentioned and you're in good company here bud, there's a fair few 80s kids round here as well as a healthy smattering of other decades....... welcome :D

i totally find this forum very warm and people have been nice so far. the only gripe i have is...i cannot post some of my wips. i wanted to post so i can improve my skills but i guess ill just have to post somewhere else :doubt:
sanmiguel
Inductee Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:33 pm

sanmiguel wrote:
EDarthT wrote:I'd love all the stuff you mentioned and you're in good company here bud, there's a fair few 80s kids round here as well as a healthy smattering of other decades....... welcome :D

i totally find this forum very warm and people have been nice so far. the only gripe i have is...i cannot post some of my wips. i wanted to post so i can improve my skills but i guess ill just have to post somewhere else :doubt:

You should be fine now mate, we have a post limit to protect us all from spammers and other none desirable images. I'm sure you've past that limit now so just upload your wips to a hosting site such as photobucket then paste the IMG link in the forums. Let me know if you're still having trouble.
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby sanmiguel » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:30 pm

cool...thanks ed!
sanmiguel
Inductee Realmer

Postby Monkeybat » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi guys an Girls my names Steve im from the UK and the Turtles have pulled me back to small scale action figures.
Collected all the original Marvel legends up to series 6 complete then started to buy the odd ones from the series after that. I only recently sold them off but im no looking at the cool customs that are coming out and they really get my creative juices going. Allways loved Hulk stuff as my background is bodybuilding/weight training.
Have some figures for sale and looking for some planet hulk figures 6" in any condition ?
Im into 1/6 figures as well but increasing prices have stung me. Dont know what it is with ACTION FIGURES but have allways loved themin everyshape and form. The quality of sculpt and paint have just gotten better and better over the years. Toybiz mattel mego etc I have collected them all at one time or another. Hope to get some dios made up soon and crack open some long forgotten hulks. Heres to shareing some stories on here soon all the best Steve. :D
Monkeybat
Inductee Realmer

Postby Redman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:24 pm

Hello !
It took me some time to find where I could introduce myself, as it is the rule on all forums, but at least here I am.
I never meant to collect figures with some structured intention, but I must admit that over the years (I am 64) I have gathered what can be a kind of collection. (rather small one on fact) of somewhat interesting, strange or unusual plastic representations of (more or less human) beings.
As most (nearly all) other forums about figures are dedicated to one or two "main intentions" in collecting, as military, or historical, or fantasy figures, what makes me feel out of context, I ended up here.
The surprising thing is that when I wanted to contribute by posting an answer to a question, and also trying to post a topic, the "system" forbade me to place links and even pictures.
I guess the reason is to prevent spam, but I do not see how I can post a sufficiently explicit or interesting message without any link or picture, and I am surprised, as this is the first time I encounter such a rule on a forum. I know some others probably have to spend time deleting some 50 spammers or more every day.
So, despite the apparent great interest of this site and forum I'm currently stuck in silence, unable to contribute.
Thank you for having read this last message I'm sending, hoping it won't be lost somewhere in the intergalactic space.

Kind regards.

Redman.

PS: what can I do to be allowed to post with links or pictures ? If you force me to pass an examination on Star Wars or any other known series of adventures, I will fail
Redman
Newbie Realmer

Postby uberman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:32 am

Is posting here smart when trying to convince this board I'm human, and thus unlock posting and PMing privileges? I certainly hope so!
uberman
Newbie Realmer

Postby Galactape » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:51 pm

uberman wrote:Is posting here smart when trying to convince this board I'm human, and thus unlock posting and PMing privileges? I certainly hope so!

I believe it becomes unlocked after 10 posts.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby SideburnGuru » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:36 pm

Hey everyone, I'm Jordan! I can't say to that I've done much with figure creating just yet. I'd like to, I just havent' started yet. Which is kinda why I came to this forum for advice, and more. Now, I'm actually an avid spending for collecting figurines. I love collecting things other than figurines as well, such as basketball cards, and mini-busts, but figurines are definitely where it's at for me. I just graduated from high-school, about three weeks ago! So I guess that's one thing worth being mentioned. So yeah, hope to see everyone around! \:D/
"I Know What Freedom Is...You Know Compromise." - Captain America
SideburnGuru
Newbie Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Welcome in sideburn :lol: . You're in the right place to do some learning, any questions post them in the help, questions and info and i'm sure one of our helpful members will be on hand to offer some advice :D .
Darththomas
Regulator

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic