Out of curiosity...

Hear a good joke or find some interesting news you want to share with your fellow posters, but it's not action figure related? Share it here.

Moderator: Regulators

Out of curiosity...

Postby Mr.X » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:38 pm

I suppose this one is for the members who have been around, active and remember them, but can anyone tell me what ever happened to the 'Toy-Soup' forum and guys like Kyle Robinson, VariablePenguin, Dr. Nightmare, yadda yadda? Being MIA for a few years, it was surprising to come back and see many members that used to be real active in the community seem to have disappeared and other sites closed down. Granted, there may have been...circumstances that led to this, and I DON'T want to open any can or past worms or anything so it might be better to just PM me, but like I said, it was kind of surprising to see so many disappearances. :shock:

With that said, it is nice to see the community still prospering and the talent and skills still alive!
Pew Pew Pew.
Mr.X
Fanatic Realmer

Re: Out of curiosity...

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:55 am

Kyle Robinson near as I can tell sold everything and got out. Ticked off a lot of guys by closing down Toysoup with no notice. Brian Moman/VariablePenguin sold off his stuff but still has a Facebook page. Kyle's page has been dead for a while. Not sure where Dr. Nightmare went.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Mr.X » Thu May 15, 2014 11:00 pm

Thanks for that. Like I said, I was just curious. Granted it's been a few years and people drop in and out of the hobby, but at the time they were some of the most involved members of the FR community as well as some of the more 'famous' ones, and I couldn't find anything like financial issues, or anything-pretty much like they just dropped off the map one day, so I wondered.

I do remember the TS boards costing Kyle to run though...not to mention constantly being down for one reason or another...
Pew Pew Pew.
Mr.X
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Top-notch comix » Wed May 28, 2014 6:39 am

I think Nightmare quit due to financial reasons, if I remember correctly.
One day he just said he was done, and disappeared.
I'm STILL trying to get over it. I used to love his blog where he'd review dollar-store food, and talk about his red-headed neighbors.
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Thu May 29, 2014 9:23 pm

I was wondering where half of them went too. We lost a lot of folks to the economy going down the toilet and the figures being 15.00 each or more now. Heck i have 400.00 worth of anime figures on my bench and they were the good deals.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Mr.X » Thu May 29, 2014 10:39 pm

I can completely understand the financial part, I'm still working out of my old fodder box that I got when I first started to save money :lol: Definitely #-o jealous of the anime figure part-darn near impossible to find them for a good price anymore #-o

I figured that or drama was the main reason-I know Kyle did well enough on each figure that I figured it was something besides money.

Don't get me wrong though, it's still a prime community and I'm glad it's continued to grow, even if the faces have changed (and it's awesome to see some familiar faces still around) 8)
Pew Pew Pew.
Mr.X
Fanatic Realmer

Postby hawkeye » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:40 am

I was an admin there but the site crashed and was down for a week or two and we lost a lot of members.
Disconnect & Self Destruct one bullet at a time
hawkeye
Elite Realmer

Return to Off Topic