Matty Collector Watchmen Figures, Discussion and Pics.

Talk about the newest figures that are out, your latest finds and hauls from your last shopping spree and the most recent sightings.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Matty Collector Watchmen Figures, Discussion and Pics.

Postby Spoon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:29 am

Don't forget, Doctor Manhattan, as well as what's still available from the other lines, go on sale today. 9 a.m. PT/12 p.m. ET. As long as I can snag one, I'll post some pics when I get it.
Current eBay auctions: ------>Click<------
Stuff for trade/wants. Updated 2/23/14: ------>Click<------
eBay Feedback +1022
Realm Feedback +22
Spoon
Regular Realmer

Postby therapist » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:37 am

Just finished ordering my Dr. Manhattan. 38$ seems a little steep considering he really has little to no sculpted details and no accessories but maaaaan its gunna be NICE having them all together
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Spoon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Therapist wrote:Just finished ordering my Dr. Manhattan. 38$ seems a little steep considering he really has little to no sculpted details and no accessories but maaaaan its gunna be NICE having them all together

I feel you man. It's pricey, but I can't help myself either. Oddly, I'm looking forward to displaying all the packaging. I think they knocked that aspect out of the park. On another site someone commented that he should have came with maybe a glass castle or I was thinking a working hourglass, a watch, some clear energy blasts, a suit or even a flight stand. Any of those would have been nice. So far, the Comedian seems to be the only one that comes with more than one accessory.

I can't wait to see the Ozymandias sculpt. I'm not sure how I feel about the Silk Spectre. I don't have any Mattel female figures, so I have nothing to go off of. I'm diggin' the Nite Owl. Has some issues, but I think it will be nice in hand.

Have you heard anything about what possible subs will be offered for next year? If not, when do they typically release that info? I'm new that the whole thing. Is there any advantage to having a sub outside of early access and a guaranteed figure?
eBay Feedback +1022
Realm Feedback +22
Spoon
Regular Realmer

Postby therapist » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Spoon wrote:
Therapist wrote:Just finished ordering my Dr. Manhattan. 38$ seems a little steep considering he really has little to no sculpted details and no accessories but maaaaan its gunna be NICE having them all together

I feel you man. It's pricey, but I can't help myself either. Oddly, I'm looking forward to displaying all the packaging. I think they knocked that aspect out of the park. On another site someone commented that he should have came with maybe a glass castle or I was thinking a working hourglass, a watch, some clear energy blasts, a suit or even a flight stand. Any of those would have been nice. So far, the Comedian seems to be the only one that comes with more than one accessory.

I can't wait to see the Ozymandias sculpt. I'm not sure how I feel about the Silk Spectre. I don't have any Mattel female figures, so I have nothing to go off of. I'm diggin' the Nite Owl. Has some issues, but I think it will be nice in hand.

Have you heard anything about what possible subs will be offered for next year? If not, when do they typically release that info? I'm new that the whole thing. Is there any advantage to having a sub outside of early access and a guaranteed figure?

I have a club infinite earts subscription and because I do my figures are 2$ cheaper then on release date. I don't know if the same is true for the watchmen sup. We dont learn about next years subs until SDCC. I think Dr. M should come with an interchangable crotch so I could make him nude!!!
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby therapist » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:12 pm

So...got my Dr. Manhattan today... I am sorely disappointed. Most his blues are different shades of blue! What the heck!
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Spoon » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:31 pm

Yeah, I just opened up mine today and it's the same issue. I was expecting it since I read your post beforehand. I'm going to browse the Matty Collector forums to see what others are saying about it. Do you think it was an attempt at shading or one of those non matching paint/plastic issues? I see that a lot with Hasbro Marvel Legends. After the great shading on Rorschach, this is a little of a let down. Especially for almost forty bucks.

Outside of the different shades of blue, I really like the figure. The mouth sculpt/chin is odd because it is a little crooked. Overall I think the figure has a nice clean and simple look to it.
eBay Feedback +1022
Realm Feedback +22
Spoon
Regular Realmer

Postby Spoon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:17 pm

Just a heads up that starting April 15th and running until the 30th, Mattel will be opening up Club Subscriptions for the rest of the year to those that missed out. I will be signing up for the rest of the Watchmen figures. Saw the news on Toyark.
eBay Feedback +1022
Realm Feedback +22
Spoon
Regular Realmer

Postby therapist » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:40 pm

Spoon wrote:Just a heads up that starting April 15th and running until the 30th, Mattel will be opening up Club Subscriptions for the rest of the year to those that missed out. I will be signing up for the rest of the Watchmen figures. Saw the news on Toyark.

Cool thanks for the heads up!
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Previous

Return to Current Figures & Sightings