Marvel Universe and all Hasbro Marvel figures

Talk about the newest figures that are out, your latest finds and hauls from your last shopping spree and the most recent sightings.

Moderator: Regulators

Marvel Universe and all Hasbro Marvel figures

Postby marvelselect » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:25 am

Hi guys. I just wanted to know what you guys think about the way Hasbro is doing things. I personaly prefer 6" figures but I know some people like the 3". So I really don't care if they have a few lines that are 3". But why the heak are they all 3" now? I don't like it.
R.I.P
Marvel 6" figures
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Jesus saves! Seriously, you need to know this.
marvelselect
Regular Realmer

Re: Marvel Universe and all Hasbro Marvel figures

Postby DTM » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Here we go again... lol, I just tend to accept the change. I have lots of Joes that can be incorporated in my collection, but I find 6 inch figures more easy to make customs with.
DTM
Elite Realmer

Postby marvelselect » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:00 pm

I just like 6" all together. Again I don't hate 3" I just prefer 6". That being said I don't under stand why they cant make both like Toy Biz did with Marvel Legends and Marvel Legends Showdown.
marvelselect
Regular Realmer

Postby DTM » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Well I guess it'd have to do with prices, we got a bad oil supply, so we can't make those big figures, like when they downsized BAFs. Also, Toybiz was at the end of it's era, so I'm guessing they were throwing all the ideas out and making new scale figures.
DTM
Elite Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Look at it this way. If they stop making 6 inch figures, thats just more business for customizers. :mrgreen:
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Azrael » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:23 pm

i came into the figure collecting world when 3 3/4 were just beginning, I've customized in that scale, and I've collected in it. I'm not complaining, I have a good balance of both scales at this point
Azrael
Avid Realmer

Postby leafman343 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:40 pm

Looking at it from Hasbro's standpoint it makes all the sense in the world to make the Marvel 3 3/4" figures. Cost is probably on the top of the list, but they've also been making figures that size since the 80's with their GI Joes and excluding the 12" Star Wars figures the SW line has been 3 3/4" since Kenner started it.
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby flawpunk » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:02 pm

I do prefer the 6" legends scale over universe. Mainly because when doing a custom there's more room for detail and excellence. That and they look nicer on a shelf, take up more space too heighth wise, whereas the 3.75 figure leave a lot of unused shelf space. Plus side is we're seeing new characters being issued in that weren't put in legends scale, and the details are fairly decent for the size. Also I think they're nicer articulation wise than gi joes, a lot more natural in comparison. I would still love to see the legends line come back into full effect though, even though I have some myself (mainly the iron man movie and universe figures), I'd personally love to see the extremis armor put in the legends scale, as well as war machine (aside from the new movie based 6" walmart exsclusive)
flawpunk
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:18 am

Alot of it is Hasbro being greedy. The DC figures are surviving just fine in 6" as are Transformers and other figures out there. It's just hasbro wanting maximum profit.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby marvelselect » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:32 pm

sephiroth wrote:Alot of it is Hasbro being greedy. The DC figures are surviving just fine in 6" as are Transformers and other figures out there. It's just hasbro wanting maximum profit.

That is what ticks me off the most. :x
marvelselect
Regular Realmer

Postby therapist » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:09 pm

there will bea huge anouncment for Marvel Legends at ths years comic con :shock:
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Aesthetikz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:21 pm

*bites fingernails*
Aesthetikz
Elite Realmer

Postby Azrael » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:47 pm

sephiroth wrote:Alot of it is Hasbro being greedy. The DC figures are surviving just fine in 6" as are Transformers and other figures out there. It's just hasbro wanting maximum profit.

Bull. If DC is doing just fine, how come half of us STILL can't find DCUCs?
Azrael
Avid Realmer

Postby flawpunk » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:07 pm

Speaking of dcuc figures, just saw the entire anniversary line at walmart, nothing but another round of the same re-releases. As for their survival, if they were doing fine they would have jacked the price up to $15
flawpunk
Fanatic Realmer

Return to Current Figures & Sightings