I want a TMNT Classics figure run!

Talk about the newest figures that are out, your latest finds and hauls from your last shopping spree and the most recent sightings.

Moderator: Regulators

I want a TMNT Classics figure run!

Postby Pock63 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:55 pm

I was just thinking how cool it would be if there was a tmnt classics run just like the masters of the universe classics or dc universe classics. A run of very nice figure made to mimic the look of the original figures.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Re: I want a TMNT Classics figure run!

Postby Darththomas » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:21 am

But the original turtles where rubbish :lol: , I take it you mean with updated articulation too 8)
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Pock63 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:55 am

darththomas81 wrote:But the original turtles where rubbish :lol: , I take it you mean with updated articulation too 8)

The original Masters of the Universe and DC figures were bad to.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby invis » Thu May 26, 2011 4:09 am

didn't they already do this a few years ago? I know I bought an April Oneal, but I didnt need the other ones because I bought them when they were originally released. The cards they come on look the same as the originals, and I believe the same molds were used too, and same weapons. It just has a tiny little "aniversary" marking or something.
invis
Regular Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:31 am

invis wrote:didn't they already do this a few years ago? I know I bought an April Oneal, but I didnt need the other ones because I bought them when they were originally released. The cards they come on look the same as the originals, and I believe the same molds were used too, and same weapons. It just has a tiny little "aniversary" marking or something.

What I mean by "classics" is something along the lines of dcu classics or motu classics which are figures in the original style but with better paints and joints.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby ryuskrew » Fri May 27, 2011 4:33 am

pock63 wrote:
invis wrote:didn't they already do this a few years ago? I know I bought an April Oneal, but I didnt need the other ones because I bought them when they were originally released. The cards they come on look the same as the originals, and I believe the same molds were used too, and same weapons. It just has a tiny little "aniversary" marking or something.

What I mean cy "classics" is something along the lines of dcu classics or motu classics which are figures in the original style but with better paints and joints.

Something like that would be fantastic. Although I think they could base more of the designs off of the old cartoon, while the old playmates toys DID to an extent, I think they could do it a lot more justice now with the capabilities of action figure production nowadays.
ryuskrew
Regular Realmer

Postby Aesthetikz » Mon May 30, 2011 2:06 pm

Turtles stuff is up in the air right now, With work horse Laird and Mirage basicly being Retired last I heard.
Aesthetikz
Elite Realmer

now would be a good time

Postby Big IV » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:29 am

IDW is releasing new and collected comics this August...sooner or later. Nickolodean owns the property now so eventually a cartoon or movie should materialize. That would be a good time for new figures. I would love to see 4 Horsemen updated Turtles. Bigger, better articulated, and with sculpted attitude. It could be really cool.
Big IV
Newbie Realmer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:01 pm

have a set of the B&w neca turtles and will paint them close to the cartoon colors, but would take a set more like the cartoon/video games. Nice and updated with articulation, colors, weapons. And with the turtles, splinter and shredder should be realsed along with them. Go through the run, until you get to my favorite slash (I want my binky, but in the redesign would not have that issue). love the idea.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby Automatauntaun » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:27 pm

I was about to say that, he means the neca style but expanded to more then just the turtles.
Like a neca bebop and Rick steady, Baxter stockmen and krang with foot solders and the like. It would be f'n awesome.
The neca turtles were pretty sweet. I need to get me some for customs.
Automatauntaun
Elite Realmer

Postby CB2001 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Honestly, I grew up with the Playmates figures. I recently have been able to replace my Don and my Mike (primarily due to the fact that a rat got to them in storage and chewed their rubber heads off. Ironic, isn't it?). Looking at the figures now, they're pretty good just the way they are. If you're wanting more articulated Turtles, go with the NECA.

But, if you're talking about other characters, including April, Casey, Shredder, etc. You'd have better chances at just customizing figures (unless the company announces they're going to do the human characters soon, this may be the only option left).
CB2001
Regular Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:32 am

I'm becoming less and less impressed with NECA. They spend money getting rights to properties yet don't do anything with them other than a couple of figures before throwing the rest of the franchise to the wind. Plus their quality still isn't the best.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Pock63 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:18 pm

sephiroth wrote:I'm becoming less and less impressed with NECA. They spend money getting rights to properties yet don't do anything with them other than a couple of figures before throwing the rest of the franchise to the wind. Plus their quality still isn't the best.

I believe the reason they never released TMNT wave to was because they lost the rites to the TMNT comic franchise. I believe playmates toys has it now they have even made some decent prototypes that got canned for some comic tmnt, shredder, and foot soldier although they didn't even hold a candle to the neca prototypes.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Return to Current Figures & Sightings