Walmart Xmas action figure clearance 2011-2012

Talk about the newest figures that are out, your latest finds and hauls from your last shopping spree and the most recent sightings.

Moderator: Regulators

Walmart Xmas action figure clearance 2011-2012

Postby chaosemperor » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:01 pm

As part of this action figure community I hope this information is helpful to collectors and customizers of this great website. I wouldn't usually post a topic like this because maybe different stores in different states have different prices on clearance item, but I just returned from vacation in another state and the prices were the same as the state in live in so I thought it would be same to assume that it could be the same everywhere in the US. Walmart action figure clearance- (Walmart has four different planogram sets for their action figure section all due to the different sizes of their stores. 1) half to 3/4 of an aisle, 2) one whole aisle, 3) one whole aisle and half of another aisle dedicated to action figures, and 4) in some rare instances two whole aisles for action figures. These planogram configurations will make the difference if these items can be found at YOUR local Walmart.)

On to the items: Dc universe classics - Crime Syndicate of Amerika 5 figure box set $37.50 from $79.00 and can mostly be found in planogram set 3 and 4 (It's a Walmart exclusive, the set comes out as less than $10.00 a figure, and most of all it has Owlman).

6" Marvel legends Avengers assemble movie figures for Thor and Captain America only (not Iron man) $7.40 from $15.00 and can mostly be found in planogram set 3 and 4. These just came out like two months ago and are a Walmart exclusive, I thought they would stick around a little longer, but I guess Walmart wants them out to use the space for the new Marvel Legends figures. For those who doesn't know about these series the figures include (Captain America): 1940's Ultimate Captain America reissue, movie Captain America new figure, and ultimate Nick Fury (Sam Jackson) reissue with new better head sculpt, new turtleneck sculpt, new under trenchcoat weapon straps, and one new gun. (Thor): Lord of Asgard Thor new paint scheme reissue, Movie Thor new figure, and comic version Loki new figure.

8" Thundercats classics $8.50 from $17.00 and can mostly be found in planogram set 2,3 and 4. two figures in the set, not an store exclusive, I could only find Tygra (not that there is anything wrong with that). This is most likely to make space for the new 6" classic series coming out soon.

Various Green Lantern movie toys, various scales 3 3/4" to 10", prices are also varied 50% off original price points and can mostly be found in planogram set 1,2,3 and 4. Mostly 3 3/4" scale figures, one of the shining stars in this scale was a Walmart exclusive two pack series featuring a green lantern and a guardian of OA, the guardian (who looks like a comic series guardian) is in about 6" scale for those collectors who need someone to boss their DCUC GL's around. 6" Green Lantern Movie Masters figures (come on everyone lets build Parallax), 10" movie Kilawog (good base figure for customs).

Transformers Classics $9.00 from $12.00 and can mostly be found in planogram set 1,2,3 and 4. This clearance may not be in every store and the clearance prices may not be the same in every store, figures may vary from store to store. Not a store exclusive these are nice transformers in any case.

Pirates of the carribbean 4 movie toys, various scales 3 3/4" to 7", prices are varied 50% off original price points and can mostly be found in planogram set 1,2,3 and 4. a lot of 3 3/4" figures, the shining star though is the main pirate ship the Black Pural, this thing is cool for GI JOE collectors, because now Wet suit and Deep Six can actually be of some use on the mission of the haunted pirate ship (LOL). 6 TO 7" Pirates of the carribbean figures, nice overall figures (no where near as nice as NECA's) they have little or strangely hidden points of articulation and nice accessories for customization.

Old toys rise from your graves for another Xmas Clearance sale - Unlike Target Stores that keeps marking down items to 75% off original prices and then what ever doesn't sell gets donatated to charity, Walmart with their odd clearance price points (some good like 50 to 75% off original prices and some bad like 10 to 15% off original prices) packs up what doesn't sell and keeps them in the backroom. These items don't see the light of day until after X-mas and sometimes Summer clearance sales. While unless the specific Walmart store uses Markdown funds that their home office gives them to get rid of this stuff, you might find action figures from almost 5 years back, heck I saw some Marvel Legends Ares series figures for $7.00 and those are like two years old. So look for these old treasures from years past in the toy section usually an aisle just for clearance, the garden center, or just some random aisles that they had space to put clearance somewhere in the stores (I would say ask an employee, but I mean come it's Walmart).

I hope this information helps to complete collections and bring new and exciting customs to life. If their is any doubt on any of this information just use the store price scanner that's what I did.
chaosemperor
Avid Realmer

Re: Walmart Xmas action figure clearance 2011-2012

Postby shapp » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:43 pm

I was actually just at walmart and always check behind the toys for clearance but to my dismay the entire section was gone, do you think they just moved it?
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby therapist » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:55 pm

My local grocery chain (ralphs/kroegers) did the same thing. They clearanced everything. My girls got sooo many new barbies for 3$ each :lol: :lol:
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Maximus91 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:23 pm

That's cool I didn't know they did clearance things at walmart. I'll have to check out my local one!
Check out my trade thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40788
Maximus91
Inductee Realmer

Postby terryzom » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Checked the two near me and not much to be had but very few movie Thor/Iron Man 6" and some Iron Man 2 3.75" figures that must have been hiding in back-stock. I thought about the first "post-modern" red and gold from the Armor Wars period, but my son and I have four Iron Mans between us and that's too many already (much as I like him)! If they'd had the comic version Iron Monger, might have snagged that. The Hasbro Spiderman (2010) figures are far more appealing, but of course none of those were on clearance.
terryzom
Avid Realmer

Postby Wesr » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:18 pm

i'm hoping they do clearance on some transformers as i have 2 coupons for 3.00 Dark of the moon deluxe figures.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby saber4734 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Kmart has all their Green Lantern stuff on clearance and if you catch them during the right week you will catch additional 50% off clearance prices.
saber4734
Inductee Realmer

Postby Golden Wolf » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:42 am

They finally did a clearance at the wal mart I usually go to after work and I picked up a 5 star wars figures for my nephew and 2 thundercats classic "8 Tygra's for me & my older brother for around $30 . I love good clearance sales :)
In The Darkness Is Where I Shine !
tnregime.com - The best clothing company's out
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20647
http://www.myspace.com/hawaiianpunisher
http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=700359085&refid=13
Golden Wolf
Regulator

Return to Current Figures & Sightings