Halo 4 Series 1 Sighted!

Talk about the newest figures that are out, your latest finds and hauls from your last shopping spree and the most recent sightings.

Moderator: Regulators

Halo 4 Series 1 Sighted!

Postby Purity » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:01 pm

I went to toys r us today looking for some figures to trade and found series 1 of the Halo 4 figures lined up! The master chief and cryotube are also out.
Purity
Avid Realmer

Re: Halo 4 Series 1 Sighted!

Postby Wesr » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:54 am

Talk about getting a head start. The game's 5 months away and already putting out figures. After seeing how much the company changed the designs of the aliens i'm not sure about the game or the figures. They've made some huge changes to the character models and a few look nothing like the original trilogy aliens sadly.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Purity » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:24 pm

I know right! I totally agree. I think that some of the designs look cool, sure, but i don't entirely feel like it's got that "halo esque" I got that feeling with Halo Reach, and am getting it moreso with what I've seen from this game. I like what they're doing with connecting multiplayer to campaign, but I heard that there are halo's version of COD's perks and killing streaks. I know that COD's gaming style may be popular, but Halo is great with it's simmplicity of gameplat consisting of shoot, weapon variety, game balance, and equipment was the closest to a "perk" of any sort. I dearly hope Halo's incredible franchise isn't butchered by this company by straying away from what made Halo great. I feel that's slowly, but surely beginning to happen. What with the gameplay changes and design changes, I just don't know how I feel about the new Halo games. I think 1-3 has to be some of the best video games out there. But the art is changing too drastically and the gameplay is becoming more like other games out there and less like the simplicity and overall fun that made them so different and so successful.
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby NEOTHEONE » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:21 pm

I agree and disagree with both of you on some things. First off I honestly think Halo is the best game franchise ever and Halo 2 is my Favorite video game of all time. I dont really mind the new character designs. I think Master Chief looks incredible. The new elites look cool. Kind of a futuristic/tribal look to em. The forerunner stuff is ok. Now I think the change is good. You cant keep pushing out the same stuff over and over again but I think they are doing a good job of spicing it up a bit while still staying close to the roots. I DO NOT like the idea of changing the gameplay to be similar to call of duty. That is just ridiculous. I could understand that you could be upset about the character designs. Some people, like me, are all up for new designs, while others are against them. So I can agree that the Halo Universe is changing but it will be for the better. There is no possible way they can ruin it. Its just to good.
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer

Postby Purity » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:23 am

I see your point neotheone. The problems I have with design is 1 I don't like it very much(personal feelings about how it looks) and 2 I feel it's too drastic and fast. Like take halo ce. Mark v was first unveiled. Then in halo 2 the mark vi was very similar, but more detailed and leaner, but i still felt it was a transition from old to new armor. Same for the rest of the design in weapons, covenant, etc. In halo 3 I felt the same way. Then halo reach had a very different, highly( I feel overly) detailed and bulky design to well everything. I felt that was too separate from the original halo design. Halo 4's design is also highly detailed but not as bulky. The weapons, armor, covenant are all very very detailed. There is little sleekness to them, which I think futuristic based games and halo should have. The only thing I feel, is that halo 4 took a lot of inspiration from reach and little from 3. 3 had, I think the best armor. It was just the right amount of details, and just the right amount of sleekness. the rest of the games design was like this too. So that's why I'm not a big fan of the newer designs. Like I said, I think they're cool, but I don't entirely get a halo feel when viewing them. But, hey, your opinion is your opinion and I respect it.
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby Purity » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:26 am

New sighting! Target completely empty for single figs, BUT saw the mini packs, the halo xbox avatar things, the cryotube pack, and the halo 4 4 pack and the odst with drop pod!!!!! Will be buying these! Also plan to buy red Spartan!
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby NEOTHEONE » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:19 pm

Purity wrote:I see your point neotheone. The problems I have with design is 1 I don't like it very much(personal feelings about how it looks) and 2 I feel it's too drastic and fast. Like take halo ce. Mark v was first unveiled. Then in halo 2 the mark vi was very similar, but more detailed and leaner, but i still felt it was a transition from old to new armor. Same for the rest of the design in weapons, covenant, etc. In halo 3 I felt the same way. Then halo reach had a very different, highly( I feel overly) detailed and bulky design to well everything. I felt that was too separate from the original halo design. Halo 4's design is also highly detailed but not as bulky. The weapons, armor, covenant are all very very detailed. There is little sleekness to them, which I think futuristic based games and halo should have. The only thing I feel, is that halo 4 took a lot of inspiration from reach and little from 3. 3 had, I think the best armor. It was just the right amount of details, and just the right amount of sleekness. the rest of the games design was like this too. So that's why I'm not a big fan of the newer designs. Like I said, I think they're cool, but I don't entirely get a halo feel when viewing them. But, hey, your opinion is your opinion and I respect it.

Yeah I see what your saying. Sometimes it hurts when they change what we've grown up with but its all opinion. They are more focused on competing with other big games like COD. Hopefully it ends up being incredible though.
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer

Postby Purity » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:08 pm

100% agree!
Purity
Avid Realmer

Return to Current Figures & Sightings