Hasbro Black Panther

Talk about the newest figures that are out, your latest finds and hauls from your last shopping spree and the most recent sightings.

Moderator: Regulators

Hasbro Black Panther

Postby Pock63 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Am I the only one that has a problem with hasbro's black panther only having a touch of blue here and there? I feel like the paint apps Hasbro gave him ruined an otherwise flawless figure! I like a some blue highlights and it beat's the random purple highlights toy biz used but they might as well have just painted the whole figure blue to avoid the blotchy affect they finished with, any thoughts?
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Re: Hasbro Black Panther

Postby therapist » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:41 pm

Im pissed he isnt just straight matt black. I mean his costume is normally straight black but cant be drawn that way due to 2D just looking flat with no detail but these are 3D figures so the same problem wouldn't be as present. I may buy a second and just paint him straight black with white eyes.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Pock63 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:50 pm

therapist wrote:Im pissed he isnt just straight matt black. I mean his costume is normally straight black but cant be drawn that way due to 2D just looking flat with no detail but these are 3D figures so the same problem wouldn't be as present. I may buy a second and just paint him straight black with white eyes.

I was thinking of doing that to except my plan was to acitone off all of the blue. I also was going to take the paint off his gloves and boots and make them black to since I was never a fan of the stripe thing, it make's him look like he's wearing socks on top of his costume to me.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby therapist » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Pock63 wrote:
therapist wrote:Im pissed he isnt just straight matt black. I mean his costume is normally straight black but cant be drawn that way due to 2D just looking flat with no detail but these are 3D figures so the same problem wouldn't be as present. I may buy a second and just paint him straight black with white eyes.

I was thinking of doing that to except my plan was to acitone off all of the blue. I also was going to take the paint off his gloves and boots and make them black to since I was never a fan of the stripe thing, it make's him look like he's wearing socks on top of his costume to me.

acetone might work too. I may even do a third with faded purple fingertips so it will be like when he uses his vibranium claws
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Pock63 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:56 pm

therapist wrote:
Pock63 wrote:

acetone might work too. I may even do a third with faded purple fingertips so it will be like when he uses his vibranium claws

Giving him a couple sets of changeable hands would work to, maybe one normal, one in fists, one with the vibranium, and one with the long metal claws he has at times :)
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby therapist » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Pock63 wrote:
Giving him a couple sets of changeable hands would work to, maybe one normal, one in fists, one with the vibranium, and one with the long metal claws he has at times :)

Not a bad idea. I will need two BPs for the extra hands anyway but it is not a bad base body for other customs at all. I also need to grab a scarlet spider to finish the wave ...ick
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Darththomas » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:04 am

I haven't seen the actual figure in person but i'm gonna predict the base will get used a lot for customs, a pure black figure is just too good to resist!!
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby therapist » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:47 am

Darththomas wrote:I haven't seen the actual figure in person but i'm gonna predict the base will get used a lot for customs, a pure black figure is just too good to resist!!

Eh my only problem is most times Id HAVE to switch the hands as hes making a clawing pose
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Spoon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:31 am

I like this figure more than the Toy Biz one. It Captures the classic Black Panther look.
Current eBay auctions: ------>Click<------
Stuff for trade/wants. Updated 9/01/14: ------>Click<------
eBay Feedback +1075
Realm Feedback +22
Spoon
Regular Realmer

Return to Current Figures & Sightings