Bootlegs

Talk about the newest figures that are out, your latest finds and hauls from your last shopping spree and the most recent sightings.

Moderator: Regulators

Bootlegs

Postby Pock63 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:28 pm

This article is worth reading and great fodder for conversation! What are your opinions on this subject, or have you seen any good or funny botlegs in your day? http://thefwoosh.com/2013/09/the-wild-w ... otleg-toys
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Re: Bootlegs

Postby HeartBreakKid » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:56 pm

Sometimes Bootleg transformers are more badazz than the official releases and bootleg GI Joe vehicles are decent I think I might start getting them then putting the decal stickers from the official vehicles that are leftovers I know Gabs fully repaints the fakes but I'm lazy .
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Pock63 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:16 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:Sometimes Bootleg transformers are more badazz than the official releases and bootleg GI Joe vehicles are decent I think I might start getting them then putting the decal stickers from the official vehicles that are leftovers I know Gabs fully repaints the fakes but I'm lazy .

A lot of the bootleg Neca stuff is supposed to be really good(although I've heard it's really hit and miss)
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Patraw » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:25 am

That was a pretty good article; I've seen several of them before on other sites (Seanbaby did an article or two on those at Cracked.com I believe), but others were new to me.

I've bought some of those cheap Chinese/Korean Transformers gestalt sets off of eBay (Superion, Devastator, Abominus, Menasor, Bruticus, Defensor, and Raiden), but those are the only bootlegs I own. The quality on those are fairly good, although sometimes they give them really crazy color schemes, pack in the wrong robots (my Menasor has two of the Technobots instead of all five Stunticons), or are missing accessories. Occasionally the dollar stores around here have bootleg Power Rangers, Transformers, and My Little Ponies, but that's about it in my neck of the woods.
Last edited by Patraw on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:08 am

I have a lot of bootlegs from dolor store toys in my fodder box because a lot of them come with some sweet weapons!
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Wesr » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:00 pm

3rd party transformers are the only way to get the quality and characters that hasbro and takara won't give you.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby dortizjr1 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:14 am

I got my son that OpthomasPrime in the article, and then a knock-off of that bootleg. :D
I also have the DiD 1/6 scale Lord Of the Rings Figures,(sort of Boot-leg), to Complement my "Official" Side Show Lord of The Rings Figures.
dortizjr1
Inductee Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:21 pm

Wesr wrote:3rd party transformers are the only way to get the quality and characters that hasbro and takara won't give you.

I've been seeing a lot of those lately, it seems like transformers are perfect designs for 3d modelers to make.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Patraw » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:42 am

It's also a great way to get sued for copyright infringement. :badgrin:
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:55 pm

Patraw wrote:It's also a great way to get sued for copyright infringement. :badgrin:

True dat, thankfully most companies don't worry about the little guys making a few bucks with customs and similar items.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Darththomas » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:13 pm

I've got a set of those tortles on the way from China, can't wait to get them, i'm jumping at every little noise near my front door.......... they must be getting here soon.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Return to Current Figures & Sightings