Anyone else Having Issues with SWBS Wave 2?

Talk about the newest figures that are out, your latest finds and hauls from your last shopping spree and the most recent sightings.

Moderator: Regulators

Anyone else Having Issues with SWBS Wave 2?

Postby Purity » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:51 pm

So, I've been on the hunt for a Black Series Boba Fett. I went to one Target and when I asked if there were any more in the back, they said what's on the floor is what we have, but we had a Boba once, but he's gone now. They told me my local one had eight. Then I went to my local Target, which I've been checking very frequently. They had Black Series Greedo. I asked if there were more, and they said no. Greedo was the only Series 2 there though and there were eight figures there. They've had series 1's for sooooooo long too. I went to TRU today and they said they get a variety of figures in each box. So, is Series 2 being distributed strangely or something? Like one Series 2 in a box of Series 1's?
Purity
Avid Realmer

Re: Anyone else Having Issues with SWBS Wave 2?

Postby therapist » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:54 pm

I havent heard any complaints about their distribution myself all I can say is retail employees around the holidays are faaaaaaaaaar from the most helpful group of folks
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Darththomas » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:37 pm

I know a lot have made it over here (pre retail release) and are being sold at prices waay above retail, i'm talking 10 pounds extra.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Purity » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:44 pm

No? Yeah, it could definitely be the employees. I'll check my local Target a few more times, and if I find another series 2, then there's my confirmation.

Wow, that's quite the Mark up. sorry to hear that, Was the first series that high too?

Yeah, Greedo's the only Series 2 I've seen in any store. The distribution where I live must not be too great. Or maybe the stores aren't ordering a lot of Series 2's (though series 1's have sold very well). Collecting by retail (which is my favorite way to collect) sure is getting more and more difficult.
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:03 pm

I got the two I wanted from wave 1 (Maul and trooper) from retail for £20 a piece and the others Luke and R2 although they sold out at retail they seem to be sticking with the same people who bought them and are now trying to sell them, some for a loss as they are asking 20 posted.

Wave two I've got a hold of all 4 because I wanted them all, i got them for retail price or less in the case of Greedo and Bobba . I've just had my eye out and had to move quick when they've shown up cheap. So Bobba I paid 20 posted, which if you take off postage 4.10 was only 15.90 and Greedo was only 14.00 plus postage, in fact i got them all below retail if you take off postage and they're not even out here yet :D

In short retail collecting is becoming more and more difficult as more and more scalpers realize how much people will pay but if you go online and have a max your willing to pay and stick to it you can usually get there in the end, even if it means letting a few go along the way.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby therapist » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:11 pm

Darththomas wrote:I got the two I wanted from wave 1 (Maul and trooper) from retail for £20 a piece and the others Luke and R2 although they sold out at retail they seem to be sticking with the same people who bought them and are now trying to sell them, some for a loss as they are asking 20 posted.

Wave two I've got a hold of all 4 because I wanted them all, i got them for retail price or less in the case of Greedo and Bobba . I've just had my eye out and had to move quick when they've shown up cheap. So Bobba I paid 20 posted, which if you take off postage 4.10 was only 15.90 and Greedo was only 14.00 plus postage, in fact i got them all below retail if you take off postage and they're not even out here yet :D

In short retail collecting is becoming more and more difficult as more and more scalpers realize how much people will pay but if you go online and have a max your willing to pay and stick to it you can usually get there in the end, even if it means letting a few go along the way.

I have preeeetty much completely gave up on retail hunting. It just isn't worth it anymore especially how often gas is wasted when you come up empty. I will just stick to my local shop and online
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Purity » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:19 pm

Darththomas wrote:I got the two I wanted from wave 1 (Maul and trooper) from retail for £20 a piece and the others Luke and R2 although they sold out at retail they seem to be sticking with the same people who bought them and are now trying to sell them, some for a loss as they are asking 20 posted.

Oh, okay. Good deal! Yeah, it really is. I've been primarily shopping online. I still try to search the retail stores in hopes of finding some treasure.
Purity
Avid Realmer

Return to Current Figures & Sightings