The One That Got Away...

Chat about your favorite figures from the past, get help figuring out the one guy's name from that one series, or tell your favorite childhood action figure story.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: The One That Got Away...

Postby barefootabe » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:32 pm

sephiroth wrote:
barefootabe wrote:lucky lol

get me a pic and i may be able to find you one. I have a buddy who has a ton of beast wars. he isn't cheap though.

hey thanks, sorry i forgot to check this thread sooner.

this is the original, but if the price isok id settle for a recast(they came out later with it in different colors) , as long as its the same figure

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... primal/63/
check out my trade list!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36407
barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:27 am

I emailed him so we'll see what he can do.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby barefootabe » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:09 pm

check out my trade list!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36407
barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Mighty Puundragon » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:39 pm

My dad talked us into giving away all our G1 Transformers to the Fire Department to give to needy kids. I miss Reflector and Skorponok most I think.
Mighty Puundragon
Regular Realmer

Postby Wesr » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:27 am

Mighty Puundragon wrote:My dad talked us into giving away all our G1 Transformers to the Fire Department to give to needy kids. I miss Reflector and Skorponok most I think.

My dad was the opposite. Ever since i was little he was always on my case about keeping boxes adn putting the figures back in them when i was done playing. Man do i wish i'd listened to him from my heman stuff all the way to starwars (original movie stuff) to tranformers.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Mighty Puundragon » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:52 am

sephiroth wrote:
Mighty Puundragon wrote:My dad talked us into giving away all our G1 Transformers to the Fire Department to give to needy kids. I miss Reflector and Skorponok most I think.

My dad was the opposite. Ever since i was little he was always on my case about keeping boxes adn putting the figures back in them when i was done playing. Man do i wish i'd listened to him from my heman stuff all the way to starwars (original movie stuff) to tranformers.

Oddly enough my wife's father was like that. She didn't have a ton of toys but she had boxes for her Strawberry Shortcake stuff, talking Alf and their NES (games too). He recently gave me an Erector Set from the early 1950's.
Mighty Puundragon
Regular Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:00 am

Mighty Puundragon wrote:
sephiroth wrote:

Oddly enough my wife's father was like that. She didn't have a ton of toys but she had boxes for her Strawberry Shortcake stuff, talking Alf and their NES (games too). He recently gave me an Erector Set from the early 1950's.

I got a plan to get all the new tcats and put them in the attic for my boy when he gets to my age, even if he isn't into toys like his old man he can sell them and make a bomb!!, wish my parents had done this for me :cry:
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Mighty Puundragon » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:06 am

darththomas81 wrote:
Mighty Puundragon wrote:I got a plan to get all the new tcats and put them in the attic for my boy when he gets to my age, even if he isn't into toys like his old man he can sell them and make a bomb!!, wish my parents had done this for me :cry:

My dad had wanted to do that for me with the original Star Wars when they first came out. My mom said no because they could not afford it at the time. I did the same thing for my son and the Avatar movie figs. He has every regular figure and all the vehicles and creatures waiting for him.
Mighty Puundragon
Regular Realmer

Postby Wesr » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:18 am

You should have waited. after xmas the local discount chain had all avatar stuff 50% off.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Mighty Puundragon » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:42 am

sephiroth wrote:You should have waited. after xmas the local discount chain had all avatar stuff 50% off.

Oh I got them on clearance the first time around. I paid avg $2.33 for figs, $5 for Small Creatures and Vehicles and less than $10 for the Leonoptryx and the Scorpion Copter. I paid $5 for the last series figs that really only came to the discount stores but they were worth the price.
Mighty Puundragon
Regular Realmer

Postby flawpunk » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:18 pm

At one point I had every power ranger figure. Movie line, zords, flip heads, standard, dragon dagger, morphers, pretty much everything. Then it all got sold in a yard sale. Didn't realize they'd be worth something.
flawpunk
Fanatic Realmer

Postby therapist » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:58 pm

flawpunk wrote:At one point I had every power ranger figure. Movie line, zords, flip heads, standard, dragon dagger, morphers, pretty much everything. Then it all got sold in a yard sale. Didn't realize they'd be worth something.

I feel ya brother. Exact same thing happened to me. I've slowly been finding/replacing my power rangers collection. I found my dragon dagger in the garage but I am almost desperate to get a blue flip head ranger.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:17 pm

flawpunk wrote:At one point I had every power ranger figure. Movie line, zords, flip heads, standard, dragon dagger, morphers, pretty much everything. Then it all got sold in a yard sale. Didn't realize they'd be worth something.

This happened to all my remaining vintage stuff over the years. Every time we'd do a fleamarket or yardsale we'd set the stuff out. The last time was in 2006 when we had the estate sale after putting my grandma in assisted living. I had unopened 90s xmen figures, a ton of old he-man and such and a bunch of ID4 figures.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Darththomas » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:42 am

I keep thinking of selling my Vintage Starwars collection, we could probably wipe all of our debts if I did but it's taken over seven years to collect so I don't wanna.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby NEOTHEONE » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:07 pm

One time when i was little. i went to blockbuster with my dad. I had the original grey batman from the animated series and the robin to go with it. I set them on the floor with all the accessories(this was back when blockbuster sold marvel legends) and i walked off and left them there. Thats not the worst. I cried so hard because i had the super possable spiderman and green goblin with glider and removable mask in perfect condition and i left it in a mexican resturant. I was so upset. I also regret selling my starwars collection. I had been collecting since episode 2 came out when i was lil bitty. The figures that i kept passing by were the marvel universe figures, now i regret it cause i got a free captain america from my cousin but he doesnt have a shield and im dieing to get one. i guess ill wait for the new movie figures. I bought a MU pack with thor and iron man and the thor has 2 left lower legs. im mad. but i cant get over those spiderman figures.
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figures of the Past