New Member With Question About Early TMNT Figures

Chat about your favorite figures from the past, get help figuring out the one guy's name from that one series, or tell your favorite childhood action figure story.

Moderator: Regulators

New Member With Question About Early TMNT Figures

Postby Airoyster » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Hi Lads,
I've started collecting action figures over the coarse of the last few years,with my focus being on 1977-85 Star Wars,vintage 12 inch GI Joe and other figures from my youth. (I was born in 68' so I really have seen action figures evolve) :lol: Anyway,one of my co-workers who is about 15 years younger than me mentioned that I should keep an eye out for the early Ninja Turtles with the "soft squishy heads".Ninja Turtles were a little after my time,but I figure if they have some collectible potential,I'd try to find a few.Today while out doing the garage sale circuit,I picked up three TMNT figs for 75 cents.All three have soft heads and are complete with their weapons.Shell markings are; 1988 Mirage Studios Playmates Toys Made in Macao.Are these worth collecting? or is the TMNT line not that hot.Any feedback or info would be super.
Airoyster
Newbie Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:49 am

I for one never thought they were that collectible, but i could be wrong. I think it's worth bearing in mind that people who did grow up in TMNT times are now coming of age and there might be an upsurge in demand. Not personally heard of the squishy head thing but who knows. Also i'm sure that any old toys will eventually pick up value may be 5 years, may be 20 yrs time. Overall I would say to keep them anyway, it's action figure history after all and they must be worth something someday
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Airoyster » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:44 pm

Thanks for the reply!
I think the general consensus on TMNT figures is that they never will hold any great value as collector pieces.I've decided to pass them on to my co-worker who will no doubt enjoy owning them.My toy room already has enough weird 80's stuff without being over run by Ninja Turtles :lol: ....now I just need to find a way to get rid a box load of MOTU figures :lol: ....I really gotta stop taking suggestions from people I work with........
Airoyster
Newbie Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:34 pm

Does youre co worker want more because I have about ten of them wich are dubles and I would be glad to sell them to him for .75 cents each.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Return to Figures of the Past