Creeple Peeple

Chat about your favorite figures from the past, get help figuring out the one guy's name from that one series, or tell your favorite childhood action figure story.

Moderator: Regulators

Creeple Peeple

Postby ToyChop » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Anybody remember those guys, the rubber monsters you'd make yourself by pouring liquid goo in molds and then heating them up? No way would that toy pass child safety toys today...I burned myself endlessly and who knows what those fumes did to me (I forgot math).

My mom bought me an old "Creeple Peeple Maker" toy from a garage sale. It was like ten years old, missing parts, didn't work all that well and I loved it.
ToyChop
Inductee Realmer

Postby Top-notch comix » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:53 pm

were they like creepy crawlers? cause I loved those :lol: good times
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby ToyChop » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:01 pm

The board won't let me post links yet, but do a GIS for "Creeple Peeple" and you'll see 'em.

They were like homemade Trollkins but creepier, plus you made 'em yourself. Fun stuff...actually, the ones my brother and I made always came out like sh*t and fell apart, but the "making" part of them was a hoot. And dangerous. I really did burn myself on ever try. I think that was part of the appeal, y'know? Being a kid and messing with something dangerous.

"I love it because it hurts!"

Or something.
ToyChop
Inductee Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:12 am

I had a toy like that. It was a monster maker, it involved a liquid latex of some sort and a balloon that you built the monster on lol. The stuff would take varnish off furniture and smelled like nuclear waste.
Wesr
Realminator

Return to Figures of the Past