How many Megos you had when you where little?

Chat about your favorite figures from the past, get help figuring out the one guy's name from that one series, or tell your favorite childhood action figure story.

Moderator: Regulators

How many Megos you had when you where little?

Postby Mego Corp » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:32 pm

I had Batman, Robin, Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Batmobile and playset in 1974 for my Christmas presents.

Spider-man & Spider-car in 1976 for my birthday present.

And I had Shazam, 12" magnetic Batman and Robin in 1977 for my birthday present.

I had 12" Mego Paul Stanley in 1978.

I played with him outside and I broken all parts when I hitted him on the ground pretty hard, OUCH!

The yellow rubber bands were torn off inside of the body....

I tried to replace it but it's too hard work for me when I was little and I threw the body parts away....

But I saved the outfit, head and boots for 26 years.

I sold it in Mego marketplace (from Mego Museum) last Jan, 2004.
I'm very interesting Planet of the Apes, MAD MAX I-III, KISS, Indiana Jones, Mad Monsters, Western Heroes, Star Wars, Alien and Predator.
Mego Corp
Newbie Realmer

Postby ToymakerB » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:06 pm

Spiderman , Hulk ,Thor, Iron Man...all Star Trek..Planet of the Apes..Robin Hood..you name it.
I've been around a long time...A few times

The Artist formally known as Toymakerb
ToymakerB
Fanatic Realmer

Postby hawkeye » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:44 pm

I wasent old enough for Mego but the few I saw looked good.
Disconnect & Self Destruct one bullet at a time
hawkeye
Elite Realmer

Postby Wonder***Woman » Tue May 15, 2007 3:05 pm

I wasn't around when mego was realy big(70's) but they do have some awsome toys...thats when you can find them in a good condition and for an afordablr price!I realy like 'em.Bought the 12' WW on ebay for $50--a steal seeing as how ones worse condition than mine sold over $80.And any thing from mego in abox form the 70's on ebay goes for alot 2!I'm wanting a 12' Batman to go with my Wonder Woman...
Wonder***Woman
Regular Realmer

Postby Thor the Mighty » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:36 pm

Lets see I had.

Spiderman
Superman
Hulk
Batman
Bo Duke
Thor the Mighty
Avid Realmer

What Mego did u have as a kid?

Postby Caretaker68 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:47 pm

When my brother and i were kids our mom worked at a store called Val's, i think she had an employee-discount-from-hell cause we had (between us) Superman, Hulk, Spider-man, Thor, Conan, Iron Man, Thing, Green Goblin, Invisible Girl, Mr Fantastic, Human Torch, Batman, Green Arrow, Shazam, all of the Planet of the Apes, , several of the Universal Monsters (Wolfman, Frankenstein, Dracula, if i remember right).....darn, thinking back we had a lot of Mego's....Just wish i still had them all. :cry:
Caretaker68
Casual Realmer

Postby bigdaddyscott » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:08 pm

i remember my mom buying me the first orginal ones from kessges!
batman
superman
robin
aquaman
then later i had just about all the marvel ones!! i also had the kiss 12" ones too!! man do i feel old now!! :roll:
bigdaddyscott
Avid Realmer

Postby Modern_Messiah » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:52 am

N sure if this is relatd.. but my dad had abatmobile in which had and ejector seat and one day batman jumped into the lit fireplace!
(....\............../....)
. \....\........... /..../
...\....\........../..../
....\..../´¯.I.¯`\./
..../... I....I..(¯¯¯`\
...I.....I....I...¯¯.\...\
...I.....I´¯.I´¯.I..\...)
...\.....` ¯..¯ ´.......'
....\_________.•´
Modern_Messiah
Avid Realmer

Postby Bob-a-Ferret » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:52 pm

I had a superman and a spiderman thats all my parents could afford at that time. They still looked pretty good until my youngest brother got a hold of them when he was 5 that was 16 years ago I think I still have supermans head.
Live by the sword but know that there is a time to love thy woman and your children. For if they do not know your love then your life has no worth and you have failed as a man.
Bob-a-Ferret
Elite Realmer

Postby fastfreddie » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:22 pm

let's see...sniff,sniff...sorry, shedding a tear for selling all my mego's in the 8th grade(1983). I had
12" HULK, regular size...THOR, CAPTAIN AMERICA, FALCON, IRONMAN, SPIDER-MAN, CONAN, SUPERMAN, BATMAN, ROBIN, SHAZAM!...I CAN'T REMEMBER ANYMORE AT THE TIME...I know I had to order the Falcon, Ironman and Conan from a mail order place called HERO WORLD based out of Morristown, NJ...took 4 to 6 weeks to get them! lmao!! OH, I had the spiderman mobile too..had a friggin spider net on the back of it that could trap villians. I didn't have any villians, though...I didn't like them.
GATHERED TOGETHER FROM THE COSMIC REACHES OF THE UNIVERSE, HERE IN THIS GREAT HALL OF JUSTICE, ARE THE MOST POWERFUL FORCES OF GOOD EVER ASSEMBLED!
fastfreddie
Elite Realmer

Postby hawkeye » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:30 pm

Are the Spidey Origins 8" the same size?
Disconnect & Self Destruct one bullet at a time
hawkeye
Elite Realmer

Postby princebrent » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:07 am

I was lucky as a kid. My parents bought me quite a few of these and I still have most of them now. I had a removable cowl Batman (sold on ebay last year to help pay for my honeymoon), permanent cowled Batman, Robin, Superman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Spiderman, Captain America, Iron Man, Falcon, Shazam, Green Goblin, Catwoman, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Penguin, Joker, Riddler, Hulk, Star Trek crew plus the Klingon and the Gorn, Planet of the Apes Cornelius and Zira, Robin Hood, Batmobile, Batcycle, Batcopter, Spidercar, and the Enterprise playset. I also had their Ponch and Jon figures from CHiPs,

And that's just the 8" stuff!!

Boy, Mego made a ton of money off my parents!

And fastfreddie -- I ordered from that Heroes World, too! I got my last Aquaman from them. I even did a roadtrip to their store about 20 years ago but by then, Mego's had all but disappeared :( .
princebrent
Regular Realmer

Return to Figures of the Past