Characters You Miss That You'd Like to See as Action Figures

Chat about your favorite figures from the past, get help figuring out the one guy's name from that one series, or tell your favorite childhood action figure story.

Moderator: Regulators

Characters You Miss That You'd Like to See as Action Figures

Postby shapp » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:17 pm

So who from your yesteryears would you like to see as an action figure????
No matter how obscure or odd, who who who?


For myself I'd rather love to see The Visitor from Valiant comics!
User avatar
shapp
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Characters You Miss That You'd Like to See as Action Fig

Postby BlueBox81 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:38 pm

I would love to see a Doc Savage or new Indiana Jones set
BlueBox81
Newbie Realmer
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Characters You Miss That You'd Like to See as Action Fig

Postby Pock63 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:20 pm

I'd love to sea a forbushman, thorfrog, lockjaw figures.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Image
User avatar
Pock63
Realm Addict
 
Posts: 3873
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:58 am

Re: Characters You Miss That You'd Like to See as Action Fig

Postby Finn Varra » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:39 pm

BATTLE CHASERS!!!
Finn Varra
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:13 am

Re: Characters You Miss That You'd Like to See as Action Fig

Postby shapp » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:36 pm

Oh crud! I haven't heard the name Battle Chasers is years!!! They should make some rad Bone figures =p
User avatar
shapp
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Characters You Miss That You'd Like to See as Action Fig

Postby Wesr » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:56 pm

Finn Varra wrote:BATTLE CHASERS!!!


I agree.

How about figures covering Final fantasy 1-6? i mean the dissidea figures were all we got and didn't cover half the games right. I'd like to see the other g1 female autobots and a quintesson. Some fallout figures would be nice covering all 4 games.
User avatar
Wesr
Realminator
 
Posts: 6001
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am
Location: girlfriend's sock drawer

Re: Characters You Miss That You'd Like to See as Action Fig

Postby Finn Varra » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:26 pm

sephiroth wrote:
Finn Varra wrote:BATTLE CHASERS!!!


I agree.

How about figures covering Final fantasy 1-6? i mean the dissidea figures were all we got and didn't cover half the games right. I'd like to see the other g1 female autobots and a quintesson. Some fallout figures would be nice covering all 4 games.


:shock: :shock: Stop stealing my thoughts!! :shock: :shock: I completely agree!
Finn Varra
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:13 am

Re: Characters You Miss That You'd Like to See as Action Fig

Postby Wesr » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:01 pm

I'd like to see some affordable Phantasy Star figures going all the way back to the 8 bit days, how about figures for the final fantasy gameboy games? those would be a blank slate for folks to design due to the poor graphics back then. Star ocean figures that aren't 40.00 would be nice. Chronotrigger, secret of mana, chronocross.
User avatar
Wesr
Realminator
 
Posts: 6001
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am
Location: girlfriend's sock drawer

Re: Characters You Miss That You'd Like to See as Action Fig

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:17 pm

loving all these ideas and would love to see all of them, especially the video game stuff. I would add an actual articulated Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Valkyrie Profile line and maybe some more Mega Man Robots to the model kits. As for Legends a Hulk & Juggernaut that has the size of the Marvel Select and articulation like the older legends or icons and a Cosmic line of characters Heralds and the like, for example a Thanos that looks mean and muscular not fat or kingpin-esque. Who wouldn't love to see 80s/90s cartoon fig updates like D&D, Bionic 6, Bravestarr, Thundercats, etc with some cool articulated figs. As you can tell I like figs that are not statues, feel like there should be a difference in action figure and figure statue.
User avatar
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:41 pm
Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Re: Characters You Miss That You'd Like to See as Action Fig

Postby Marvelfan117 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Scarface from predator concrete jungle :D
Marvelfan117
Newbie Realmer
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:37 am

Re: Characters You Miss That You'd Like to See as Action Fig

Postby shapp » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:04 pm

cosmicfantasycustoms wrote:loving all these ideas and would love to see all of them, especially the video game stuff. I would add an actual articulated Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Valkyrie Profile line and maybe some more Mega Man Robots to the model kits. As for Legends a Hulk & Juggernaut that has the size of the Marvel Select and articulation like the older legends or icons and a Cosmic line of characters Heralds and the like, for example a Thanos that looks mean and muscular not fat or kingpin-esque. Who wouldn't love to see 80s/90s cartoon fig updates like D&D, Bionic 6, Bravestarr, Thundercats, etc with some cool articulated figs. As you can tell I like figs that are not statues, feel like there should be a difference in action figure and figure statue.


Here are some new Thundercats figs coming out for the new series =p

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/02/15/ban ... fair-2011/
User avatar
shapp
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Characters You Miss That You'd Like to See as Action Fig

Postby CB2001 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:37 am

I've got a few that I can think of:

Jack Burton (Big Trouble in Little China)
Kowalski (Vanishing Point, preferably with the white Dodge Challenger vehicle)
Hilts (The Great Escape)
Zeke and Julie (Zombies Ate My Neighbors, video game)
Robert Neville (The Omega Man)
Deckard, Roy, Pris and Rachael (Blade Runner)
CB2001
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Captain Power

Postby Big IV » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:34 am

I would like to see Captain Power updated and revamped. I liked the concept and the show. New figures would be good. I would also like to see M.A.S.K. come back using the Transformers Human Alliance scale.

Toys that we did not really have that I would like would be Team America the 80s comics. Team America was created so that the toy company could recycle Evel Knievel toys without all of the prostitute slapping headlines. So it never truly had any toys. I'd love to see a revamped comic because it was a cool property that would have neat toys.
Big IV
Newbie Realmer
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Captain Power

Postby CB2001 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:14 pm

Big IV wrote:I would like to see Captain Power updated and revamped. I liked the concept and the show. New figures would be good. I would also like to see M.A.S.K. come back using the Transformers Human Alliance scale.


I happen to know of some M.A.S.K. fans that have done custom action figures and vehicles using modern action figures and vehicle toys. Honestly, any modern update on Captain Power may have to be done custom wise.
CB2001
Regular Realmer
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Re: Characters You Miss That You'd Like to See as Action Fig

Postby Wesr » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Some affordable none crap Robotech toys, some nicer battletech/mechwarrior toys, even more Front mission toys that aren't 50.00 each (thanks Playarts). I'd say maybe a redo of Gobots but Hasbro owns that franchise now and worked some into Transformer lines. Maybe some new legend of zelda figures, some cyberpunk figures based on the William Gibson novels would be good, more shadowrun figures.
User avatar
Wesr
Realminator
 
Posts: 6001
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am
Location: girlfriend's sock drawer

Next

Return to Figures of the Past

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests