What was your favorite toy as a kid?

Chat about your favorite figures from the past, get help figuring out the one guy's name from that one series, or tell your favorite childhood action figure story.

Moderator: Regulators

Postby Wonder***Woman » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:14 am

I can't say back in the day( I'm 14 going on 15), but I had a slew of Max Steel figures, I was always into the bigger scale action figures ( that were realy just dolls ment for boys(manly dolls? :lol: ) anway I musta had close to 10 Max steels and only one bad guy and ♥Barbies for him to rescue. Most of my afternoons were basicly the rather old boring Mario Game plots (nothing against mario) that were just saving ♥Princess Peach. I still have two, one my old dog got a few teeth marks into the foot :D
So I guess mine favorite was Max Steel with all of his cool gimic clones
Wonder***Woman
Regular Realmer

Postby MrBlu » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:52 pm

mam growing up my favorite toys were my 12 inch Mighty Morphin white Power Ranger,my teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,my Spawn figures along with his car and that back alley playset,those good ol' wrestling toys,that greensamurai armor Iron Man,and my Street Sharks,awww those were good times
when I meet the Devil I'm a say my full name

MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer

Location: below the heavens in hell with your new imaginary friend

Postby Dr Nightmare » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:28 pm

Dogs really hate our toys, if they see you loving something and it falls on the floor, they're going to do their best to destroy it :?
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby MrBlu » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:50 pm

Dr Nightmare wrote:Dogs really hate our toys, if they see you loving something and it falls on the floor, they're going to do their best to destroy it :?

Agreed,I used to have a Ken Shamrock toy and one night I leave it on the floor wake up the next morning and his left has been chewed to s***s
when I meet the Devil I'm a say my full name

MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer

Location: below the heavens in hell with your new imaginary friend

THE ADVENTURE PEOPLE

Postby Maelstrom » Tue May 13, 2008 9:31 pm

Think Pre-Star Wars...Anybody remember "The Adventure People" by Fisher Price? These were pretty popular back in the early 70s, and I was nuts about them when I was a kid. I had several of the playsets including the jeep/tent/canoe set with the gray headed man and the indian with the stocking cap, the ski boat with the man and woman in matching yellow swimsuits and one-piece scuba gear, the "Dunebugger" which came with a figure that looked somewhat like a cowboy model from a Marlboro cigarette ad, and the submarine set with the hellicopter and octopus. Sadly, I never got the Forest Ranger set with the airplane and detachable pontoon boat, the on-site news reporter van, the helicopter rescue team, or the space shuttle. Anyways, if I didn't have a certain playset, there was a good chance that another one of my childhood friends (Yes, at some point in time I actually did have friends) would, and we would spend hours making dirt roads in the back yards, digging holes and making bridges over them, making trailer parks out of shoe boxes...perhaps that was actually my first attempt at customizing (that is if cardboard trailerhouses count). Then came Star Wars, and with it, Kenner action figures based on the movie. After that, all of the Adventure People got kicked to the curb like "Woody" in "Toy Story" and eventually became garage sale fodder.
Maelstrom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Gambit4Hire » Tue May 13, 2008 10:30 pm

HO scale train set with dozens of buildings, cars, people, & accessories; GI Joes; green plastic army men; M.U.S.C.L.E.S.; Legos and GUTS. Gave away everything except for the Legos and GUTS - still have them somewhere... I think.
Gambit4Hire
Avid Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Wed May 14, 2008 5:10 am

it was always action figures for me. weather it was GI joes to the old toybiz spider-man figures. of course i had a go-zillion batmans, and then i got into gundams a bunch.
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby johnnycustom » Sun May 18, 2008 4:03 am

Hello All,

Nice to see everyone has awesome taste. I'm not old or young so here's my child hood Figures from the Past run down.

DragonBall/DragonBall Z, He-Man,ThunderCats, Mighty Max ,Power Rangers, X-Men, Swamp Things, Predator, Alien, WWf, WCW, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, Batman, Super Man, Spide-Man, G.I Joes, Toxic Avengers, Ronin Warriors, Ghost Busters, Voltron, Super Mario Brothers, Thunderbirds, Silverhawks, M.U.S.C.L.E., Street Sharks, Gundams.

Maybe someday I will custom something from the past :idea:

Take Care Everyone
Bye :-)
johnnycustom
Regular Realmer

Postby mozartpc27 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:06 pm

When I was a young child, definitely Masters of the Universe and Super Powers. I remember schoolyard debates about who would win in a fight between Superman and He-Man.

Then, the 1989 Batman film came out, and I loved my Batman from that set so much I had two of them (I broke one and had to replace it). Same goes for the Joker and Penguin from that series.

Was also big into the Dark Knight collection, and the similarly-constructed Batman Returns line.

Also, though, I made extensive use of G.I. Joes (usually as henchmen for my D.C. Comics villains), Transformers, even GoBots.

And, lest I forget to mention, Star Wars, though honestly I got more out of the die-cast miniatures and the playsets they came with than the handful of actual 3-3/4" figures I had. My parents would buy the figures, but not usually the playsets, from the various toylines, but the Star Wars miniatures were the exception, because the metal figures and playsets all came in one small, inexpensive package. Only full-size playset I ever really had was Castle Grayskull (and can you believe my parents wanted to throw that out the other day?).

So, of course, this means I have one last toy to mention: wooden blocks! These were completely essential when you didn't (like me) have pre-fab playsets.

Someone mentioned G.U.T.S. - I had a bunch of those too. Still do somewhere. I liked building forts with them as the men. I also had a good collection of knights, and a castle that went with them.

Ah, memories.
mozartpc27
Newbie Realmer

Postby NBE 73 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:44 pm

8) ml series 3 ghost rider
NBE 73
Inductee Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:02 pm

Mine were either poke'mon, dbz ,or star wars and I had a ton of power rangers and turtles ands gundams
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Re: THE ADVENTURE PEOPLE

Postby scarlet_magpie » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:10 am

Maelstrom wrote:Think Pre-Star Wars...Anybody remember "The Adventure People" by Fisher Price? These were pretty popular back in the early 70s, and I was nuts about them when I was a kid. I had several of the playsets including the jeep/tent/canoe set with the gray headed man and the indian with the stocking cap, the ski boat with the man and woman in matching yellow swimsuits and one-piece scuba gear, the "Dunebugger" which came with a figure that looked somewhat like a cowboy model from a Marlboro cigarette ad, and the submarine set with the hellicopter and octopus. Sadly, I never got the Forest Ranger set with the airplane and detachable pontoon boat, the on-site news reporter van, the helicopter rescue team, or the space shuttle. Anyways, if I didn't have a certain playset, there was a good chance that another one of my childhood friends (Yes, at some point in time I actually did have friends) would, and we would spend hours making dirt roads in the back yards, digging holes and making bridges over them, making trailer parks out of shoe boxes...perhaps that was actually my first attempt at customizing (that is if cardboard trailerhouses count). Then came Star Wars, and with it, Kenner action figures based on the movie. After that, all of the Adventure People got kicked to the curb like "Woody" in "Toy Story" and eventually became garage sale fodder.

These are the Fisher price action figures I was talking about on the last page!!! :)
scarlet_magpie
Fanatic Realmer

Postby MrGore » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:06 am

I had tons of he-mans, but my littles brother made sure not a single one survived, about 5 years ago I managed to find a shop where they still had skeletors from the old collection, not the new one, I got a bought it for 3€, lol that figure is worth alot more on ebay, if they only knew, lol, they even gave me a discount cause the figure was 15 years old, lol

I also have the punisher from spider man animated series, I love that figure, but it's to small compared to nowadays figures, mainly since punisher is a tall guy,
also had a captain america, that I can't say it's customized, it's more repaired and given a new identity, lol,
also a blade figure that was stolen by some house keeper my mother hired while I was studying outside,
and also the venom with 11 heads
http://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure ... e=punisher
http://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure ... ainamerica
http://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure ... pirehunter
http://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure ... themadness
MrGore
Avid Realmer

Postby The Articulated One » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:23 pm

Pretty much any of the Toy Biz Marvel figures before Marvel Legends started do it for me.
The Articulated One
Inductee Realmer

Postby MenByMckenn » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:16 am

Like a few others, I grew up in the 70's so some of my favs were the Kenner Star Wars figures. I also had a 12" guy and I think his name was Stretch Armstrong , Rock'em Sock'em Boxing , and the smash-up derby cars with the pull cords to make them run.When they smashed into one another the doors and hoods flew off and then you could put them back together. Sadly, I don't have any of these toys anymore. They just don't make 'em like they used to.
"Here comes the beating of your life!"
MenByMckenn
Regular Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figures of the Past