Identification help?

Chat about your favorite figures from the past, get help figuring out the one guy's name from that one series, or tell your favorite childhood action figure story.

Moderator: Regulators

Identification help?

Postby Patraw » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:39 am

As I am wont to do, I picked up a big bag of girls toys from a thrift store on Friday. I've been able to identify most of the items on my own, but there are several that still have me scratching my head, and I was hoping perhaps one of you could help. I realize most of you probably don't buy girls toys, but perhaps a sister/cousin/daughter/etc. had them.

Anybody know what the larger doll on the far left is? She was made by Mattel in 2008 and is about 7-8 inches tall (depending on whether or not you're counting her hair or not). You can't see it in the photo, but there's a rubbery transparent plastic rod projecting out of her back, that's butterfly-shaped--a point for wing-attachment perhaps? The other three are 2011 McDonalds Barbie fairy figures (Fairy Bride, Raquelle, and Fairy Barbie, respectively, I believe), but they're all missing their wings.

And what about the woman, in the yellow and pink, on the far left here? She's dated 2003 for McDonalds and stands about 3-3/4". She also has an Origin mark, which I'm assuming is the name of the copyright holder for whatever property she's from. The small girl, next to her, is a LEGO Friends Stephanie. I'm guessing the blonde in pink is yet another fast food Barbie, although I couldn't find any Mattel copyrights on her, so maybe she's some generic knockoff. The mermaid is Xylie, from the 2010 Barbie in a Mermaid Tale McDonalds wave of figures. The lilac bunny is also a mystery to me--it doesn't have any copyright data on it, but it looks like something that would be a sidekick/pack-in figure for a larger toy. It's hollow and looks like it's sculpted to resemble snow, so, I'm guessing that it's supposed to be a snowman bunny, rather than a normal rabbit. Maybe it's just a cheap gumball machine toy or something, I dunno.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Re: Identification help?

Postby Patraw » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:02 am

Okay, I finally figured out what that first doll is: She's a Barbie Blooming Thumbelina (African American version). I was also correct that she's missing her wings (maybe I'll make her some...) She originally came with this huge flower base thing that would "bloom" with a push of a button, revealing the doll.

And the woman in pink and yellow is Lila, from Polly Pocket. She's supposed to come with a wind surfer vehicle and some stickers.

Still no luck on figuring out what that rabbit is though...
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:25 am

Try my facebook page I set up for identifying figures https://www.facebook.com/A.F.Identifier :)
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Patraw » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:45 am

That's a cool idea, but I don't have, or want, a Facebook account, so I don't think I can participate without being registered. By the way, that orange creature you can't identify in the photo on said Facebook page is from Scooby Doo, it's the 10,000 Volt Ghost.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:24 am

Patraw wrote:That's a cool idea, but I don't have, or want, a Facebook account, so I don't think I can participate without being registered. By the way, that orange creature you can't identify in the photo on said Facebook page is from Scooby Doo, it's the 10,000 Volt Ghost.

Yeah, they actually identified that for me within minutes of it going up,
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Patraw » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Whoops, sorry, I didn't click on the comments underneath the image, my bad.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:18 pm

Patraw wrote:Whoops, sorry, I didn't click on the comments underneath the image, my bad.

It's all good, I'm just trying to get some people using the page because I think if people knew about it it would be a really useful tool to collectors :)
Pock63
Realm Addict

Return to Figures of the Past