Need help identifying please

Chat about your favorite figures from the past, get help figuring out the one guy's name from that one series, or tell your favorite childhood action figure story.

Moderator: Regulators

Need help identifying please

Postby SamuraiX187 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:27 am

I have searched for over 10+ years for a type of action figure I used to have. The only things I can remember are it was a type of samurai or asian warrior with multiple swords maybe a bow, the swords were a brownish color like the old ninja turtle weapons, soft goods clothing, rubber head, black hair, somewhat articulated joints, was about the size of remco stuff, very distinct packaging with maybe a realistic looking man portrayed on it. Got it circa 1987-1989 from Pic n Save. I always liked it and I never knew what it was or what happend to it. For all I know it was cheap toy and not any part of an official toyline. Thanks in advance!
SamuraiX187
Newbie Realmer

Re: Need help identifying please

Postby Patraw » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:21 am

From what you're describing, and the time period, it sounds like your figure might have been from one of those Masters of the Universe knockoff lines like Conan, Galaxy Fighters, Pirates of the Galaxseas, etc., although it's hard to say for sure.

Without a photo, the best advice I could give you is to look through some of the galleries at Virtual Toy Chest to see if anything rings a bell:

http://www.virtualtoychest.com/navigation/navigation.html

Ninjor, from the actual Masters of the Universe line, is the only figure I can think of offhand that comes close to matching your description, but his weapons were silver.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Return to Figures of the Past