Where do you buy your paint?

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Postby Dr Nightmare » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:06 pm

I'm talking about the parts that ARE painted, like the eyes and the shading. I dragged one through the dirt and that paint still wouldn't come off. I drag one of my customs through the dirt and all the paint peels off :x

That guy on the horse is cooooooool 8)
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby DUKE » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:47 am

:o yeah he is the medevil spawn, they were going cheap a few years ago..he was fun to paint, anything thats easy and fun is allways cool to do..i used "snakebite leather" on his parts that look leather then i "flesh washed" thaem as well.."chaos black" on his armour then "mithral silver" over the top kinda dry brshed the armour....quich and easy....spawn dudes are fun to flesh wash cause they got lots of detail the paint can run into..
"DONT MAKE ME DESTROY YOU"
DUKE
Inductee Realmer

Postby Shinobitron » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:12 pm

How much do the wash paints usually run and do they stick to most all types of surfaces?
Shinobitron
Regulator

Postby DUKE » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:58 pm

the ink wash paints in the citadel warhammer brands are about 2.00 over there..[iam from dallas but now live down in australia]
if you put a coat of matt or gloss sealent they will stick buetifully..you could put "blue ink" over "mithral silver" and get a real cool blueish metal.
hey, i am useing your nail polish hardner on wear points on some of my figs now and seems to be working...thanks for the heads up on that one.. :D
DUKE
Inductee Realmer

Postby Shinobitron » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:27 pm

I still feel funny walking up to the counter with differnet types of polish, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I'm glad thats working I learned that nail polish can be double coated I used metallic wwhite and pink over top of each other on arcee:
http://figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1544
Shinobitron
Regulator

Postby DUKE » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:06 am

choice.....hey are those custom guns on her? I have a major shortage of guns where iam at. been trying some custom ones,,i need some for my camo punisher iam doing at the moment, if anyone wants to sell me some guns id buy em off ya via wetern union...spawn guns or any of the scale we mostly work with, marvel legends scale..what scale is it called? i never knew for sure,,,,anyone know? :?:
DUKE
Inductee Realmer

Postby Shinobitron » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:56 pm

The guns started as machine guns for Corps figures after a little bit cutting they make great pistols
Shinobitron
Regulator

Previous

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info