What brushes?

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

What brushes?

Postby Dr Nightmare » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:36 pm

So everyone suggests using Citadel or Tamiya or Testors paints for customs but what about the brushes? I somehow doubt all brushes are the same, there has to be some special brush somewhere! After asking around a bit, I came up with the basic idea that the thinner the bristles on the brush, or the finer the hairs, the smoother the paintjob will be.

Well, can anyone recommend any specific paintbrush brands? I have 1 good brush that gives me a pretty smooth texture, even with crappy paints, but I need some more because mine is starting to deteriorate. This one I have has a wooden handle and the name has long since worn off. What brush do you recommend for drybrushing? How about for painting large areas? Some pictures of your brushes would help tremendously. :idea: Thanks :]
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby ToymakerB » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:16 am

Go to Joann Fabrics if you have one or AC Moore. They have bags of brushes, I think I got a bag of like 25 different brushes for about $5.00. If you cant find them let me know. I can pick them up and ship them to you if you want.
I've been around a long time...A few times

The Artist formally known as Toymakerb
ToymakerB
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:25 pm

There's a Jo Ann store nearby (in Glendale, a city away, yikes!) so I'll be heading there. Thanks :P
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info