Shard!

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Shard!

Postby Dr Nightmare » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:59 pm

While I'm waiting for RealmChick's body to arrive, I started working on my Shard and it's easier than I thought!

This is her so far, I had to trim Storm's thigh-high boots and use some sculpey to smooth out the thigh. I still need to add some straps to the boots, find some hair, and paint of course. Do you think I should add a gun holster somewhere?
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Dr Nightmare » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:26 pm

Ok! I found some hair. The top is from an old Gambit and the ponytail is from the original Shard. It's made of real hair too :]
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Dr Nightmare » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:54 pm

Ok! Here's Shard before I give her a wash of black/blue to fill in all those little white spots. I'm also going to give her those two yellow lines that run down her left side. I'll also add a little X-Men communicator on her chest somewhere since I have one from Stealth Wolverine, lol. I'm leaving her boots alone so the suit looks a little more like Bishop's. I need to add the straps and her hair has to be painted of course :mrgreen:
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby ToymakerB » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:22 am

Dude, The paint looks good! The one question I have...Does she have TWO right feet?
I've been around a long time...A few times

The Artist formally known as Toymakerb
ToymakerB
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:41 am

Thanks! I kept washing the brushes often so the paint wouldn't dry on the brush and that helped a lot.

Lol, she has one left and one right boot, both from a LOTR Eowyn. And now that I look at it closer, she DOES have two right feet. Wow, talk about a factory error...good thing is that it isn't too noticable since the boots are pretty straight anyway. I'll just have to take pictures at certain angles to hide her left foot :lol:
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Dr Nightmare » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:47 am

How do I fix this by the way? xD
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby VariablePenguin » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:14 am

you might try sculpting the inner toe out a little on each foot to correct it. Use Aves Apoxie Scuplt or Fixit.
VariablePenguin
Elite Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:14 pm

Aw phooey, that sounds like I'm going to need to carve things and then, yuk, paint things :lol:

I should go buy some of that apoxie stuff though, the sculpey I use gets annoying to use because I have to keep using the hair-dryer to make it harden.
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info