I'm in the middle of creating some new comics heroes...

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Postby Shinobitron » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:51 pm

WOW! For markers that came out pretty cool looking.
Shinobitron
Regulator

Postby somethingdifferent » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:01 pm

I got them at Michael's. They have a really big selection there too. But if you need a color that's in a different pack and you don't need one of the other ones, just swap it out. But I shouldn't have done that because I needed the brown I swapped the blue for.

The silver gets a little sticky, so don't handle this figure on the silver parts if you don't have to. Also it's really hard to paint inside of joints because these markers are fat tip markers. But they do work super on fabric. (the cloak for Dr.A has a killer spider on the back on it.)

P.S. Do you have a pic I could see of that Spider-Carnage now? I'm really into that character. Even if it's not finished. you can email it to me if you don't want everyone to see it. imarobot1013@hotmail.com
somethingdifferent
Regular Realmer

Postby ToymakerB » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:18 am

You can pick up Acryl Markers at Joanns. They come in a lot of colores and cover well, you have to really wash your figures well before using them. I started out painting figures with them over a hundred years ago. :D
I've been around a long time...A few times

The Artist formally known as Toymakerb
ToymakerB
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:46 pm

Well, I don't have the body to use for Spider-Carnage, just the head and hands. I might also use the upper body and get some swivel-hinged shoulders like the other ML figures have. I'm going to make it red/black like the Toy Biz fig, not red/blue like the cartoon. Maybe metallic red, like clear red over a silver base.
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby somethingdifferent » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:07 pm

Dr Nightmare wrote:Well, I don't have the body to use for Spider-Carnage, just the head and hands. I might also use the upper body and get some swivel-hinged shoulders like the other ML figures have. I'm going to make it red/black like the Toy Biz fig, not red/blue like the cartoon. Maybe metallic red, like clear red over a silver base.

Here's a picture from Sam Ruby's spider-fan site.(www.samruby.com) It's a little darker than the one from the tv show. Also it shows the whole body and all that.

Oh, I also found some sweet stuff to use as the like strap bags around Scarlet Spider's ankles. I just need to find something for the things on his wrists. Now I just need money for the dremel, more paint and more Spidey figures. Hahaha. Hopefully soon I'll win the lottery.

P.S. does anyone have any clue where I can find the new series of Fantastic Four figures?
somethingdifferent
Regular Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:02 am

I've never seen the FF figures in stores so I just assumed they weren't out yet :?

That's pretty much the SpiderCarnage I want to make, just black instead of blue parts. And I wanted to have the red parts made of clear plastic so I guess the fire guy from the FF is what I need xD
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Shinobitron » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:07 am

The only place i've ever seen the new FF figure is Toys R US. The problem is the guys the ever have are Reed and Johnny.
Shinobitron
Regulator

Previous

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info